Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 18 Feb 2007, 15:32 (Ref:1844393)   #1
Exact10
Rookie

Exact10 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jack Gordon- John Gordon looking for any info on Bahamas Driver

I have just bought an Elan that was raced in 65 and 66 by John D Gordon, sometimes refferd to as Jack Gordon.
He raced the car in 65 and 66 during the Speed Weeks and won the residents races there. Terry O'Neil has kindly helped me with pictures of the car in action which he collected whilst putting together material for his terrific book "Bahamas Speed Weeks"
I am now trying to trace any info on Gordon as he raced at Sebring in 63 driving an Elite. There were papers in the history file showing him winning "The Canada Dry Scratch Race" on the Bahamas and I would like to know about the car and its first owner.
Any Help would be gratefully appreciated

Old 2 Feb 2009, 23:00 (Ref:2387001)   #2
bigvalvehead
Rookie

Wales
cardiff
bigvalvehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
speed weeks

Hi Contact me on david.hughes3@tesco.net
I have Peter Pulvers Elan 26R that raced at Nassau and may be able to help
Regards
Dave Hughes
Old 4 Feb 2009, 12:31 (Ref:2388120)   #3
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Exact10 - are you now selling it? I am sure I have seen it advertised somewhere recently!
Old 8 Feb 2009, 12:02 (Ref:2391005)   #4
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think he may have given up waiting, bearing in mind his request is two years old!