Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 13 Jan 2001, 01:44 (Ref:58251)   #1
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
I just found a little article claiming that the Foxtel network may have signed a deal to cover the FIA 2001 F1 season Live and exclusive on their network...now I know that it is a pay TV provider and I dont have Foxtel ..but I believe they will be showing it through their Fox sports channels which Im glad to say most Pay providers have (and thankfully mine)
Channel 9 are abviously not happy with this because they always show tape delayed races..but who cares..i hope Foxtel get it so we can watch F1 LIVE !!!..if you dont have Pay Tv ..go out and get it ..LIVE I TELL YOU ....LIVE !!!!!
Old 13 Jan 2001, 02:56 (Ref:58254)   #2
neutral
Racer

neutral should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I heard this too and believe me I'm as happy as you. I was just ready to cancel my subscription when I heard of this. However it is yet to be confirmed, so we shouldnt get too excited.

Old 13 Jan 2001, 09:14 (Ref:58268)   #3
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Neutral and Marcus,

This information got a run on F1 Today earlier in the week, and like the two of you I'm rapt as it may also include practice live on the Saturday.

It's funny that in our household the budget holder (think female senior partner in the household of five) has been thinking of decreasing our commitment to Austar and some sport was up for discussion as being "expendable".

Not any more. Now I'm thinking high speed links via the satellite dish. It is also good to Nine suffer for their mercenary treatment of the F1 coverage over the season.
Old 13 Jan 2001, 13:41 (Ref:58290)   #4
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
i too was ready to call Austar quits and say hello to a little extra in my wallet..in fact Monday was the day I was going in to do it..but now Im gonna hang on for a bit and see what comes of this..surely i would just waste the extra cash on something silly ..where now i can say i know where that money is going..i hope it does include qualifying and all the rest as well..maybe we should get into contact with Foxtel somehow and show them our support for this
Old 15 Jan 2001, 10:53 (Ref:58569)   #5
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Marcus,

When things get really grim, give up the smokes, it liberates the wallet like nothing else. Looks like we'll both stay with Austar.

Steve.