Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 25 Mar 2020, 05:38 (Ref:3966660)   #196
Moneyseeker
Subscriber
Veteran

Moneyseeker has a real shot at the championship!Moneyseeker has a real shot at the championship!Moneyseeker has a real shot at the championship!Moneyseeker has a real shot at the championship!Moneyseeker has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
Was; heard today it's postponed, negotiating with S'stone for a later date.

https://www.mgcc.co.uk/news-events/
I suspect there will be a long queue for this....!

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
Old 25 Mar 2020, 07:00 (Ref:3966662)   #197
Duddha
Racer

United Nations
Geneva, Switzerland
Duddha should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://www.motorsportuk.org/motorsp...-to-30th-june/

We're in for a long run.

As an insider to the larger International Calendar, it's gonna be a mess if motorsport resumes this year. There are only so many weekends that can be used and all promoters are trying to postpone rather than cancel as it appears and which I can understand fully. Only the true and logistically affected are prone to cancellation, hence Monaco as an example.

Trouble is that our historic world most probably will come second when it comes to choices, also and with the move of huge events such as Formula One and WEC rounds, this can have a logistic impact on the other events scheduled around and due to build-up, etc.

Implications, implications, here we are...
Old 25 Mar 2020, 07:33 (Ref:3966664)   #198
Gerard C
Veteran

Wallis & Futuna
Paris area
Gerard C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
May be do may be dont… No doubt we're in for a while and nobody can say for sure how long its gonna last. In France it will be hard to re-schedule non permanent tracks, like Le Mans, Pau ville and Angoulême. Same situation at Monaco and probably other in-town events.
May be I'm too optimistic but the fact that historic racing is a real different and separated world could help. For once.
We dont need car manufacturers, our cars are already built, we dont need sponsors, being our owns largely, we dont really need paying spectators, other than our own families/relatives, we dont need official TV coverage, Youtube is enough and sometimes better.
We need healthy clubs to organise nice races, we need good mechanics, available spares, tires and pads, oil and gaz. Insurances too.
Yes this morning my glasses are rose tinted, I won't change them its so good!
Old 25 Mar 2020, 08:43 (Ref:3966679)   #199
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
May be do may be dont… No doubt we're in for a while and nobody can say for sure how long its gonna last. In France it will be hard to re-schedule non permanent tracks, like Le Mans, Pau ville and Angoulême. Same situation at Monaco and probably other in-town events.
May be I'm too optimistic but the fact that historic racing is a real different and separated world could help. For once.
We dont need car manufacturers, our cars are already built, we dont need sponsors, being our owns largely, we dont really need paying spectators, other than our own families/relatives, we dont need official TV coverage, Youtube is enough and sometimes better.
We need healthy clubs to organise nice races, we need good mechanics, available spares, tires and pads, oil and gaz. Insurances too.
Yes this morning my glasses are rose tinted, I won't change them its so good!

We also need competitors with disposable income who are not playing catch up with mortgages, loans, pension contributions, business expenses etc.
Old 25 Mar 2020, 10:13 (Ref:3966709)   #200
MGDavid
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid has a real shot at the championship!MGDavid has a real shot at the championship!MGDavid has a real shot at the championship!MGDavid has a real shot at the championship!MGDavid has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
They are talking about May at best, here. Not realistic imo. MGD and Max, may your first and single race of the year will be in France, in October? Why not?
my glasses are rose-tinted today as well. Just heard that my heart condition is minor not serious and I have the all-clear for an international licence. I'll settle for October if my current plans stay unchanged - new historic weekend at Spa with Le Mans Bugatti the following weekend, and I've tickets to a Deep Purple gig in Lille on the way home :-)
Race of Remembrance in November should be OK too.
Old 25 Mar 2020, 10:16 (Ref:3966711)   #201
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Glad to hear it (on all counts).
Old 25 Mar 2020, 12:00 (Ref:3966750)   #202
midgetman
Veteran

England
Rural Wiltshire
midgetman is going for a new lap record!midgetman is going for a new lap record!midgetman is going for a new lap record!midgetman is going for a new lap record!midgetman is going for a new lap record!midgetman is going for a new lap record!
I've been musing to myself that club Motorsport is most likely to fire up first. It takes less organisation than say a GP or the Silverstone Classic.

As soon as the tracks open I know my team of karters will be out there testing. From there it's a small hop to organised racing, either inside or outside of the auspices of MSUK.

But getting big grids and huge numbers of people into the major circuits will take much more arranging. I can't see the festivals being run this year. If the tracks are opened for say October there will be other calls on e.g. emergency services, temporary grandstands, catering outlets from activities that haven't cancelled.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 25 Mar 2020, 13:01 (Ref:3966768)   #203
crmalcolm
Veteran

Ireland
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
I can't see the festivals being run this year. If the tracks are opened for say October there will be other calls on e.g. emergency services, temporary grandstands, catering outlets from activities that haven't cancelled.
^This^

In a military context, there is the concept of having forces @readiness.
When held at higher levels of readiness, there is an attrition rate that also rises.
Bringing more forces up to an @readiness state (force generation) takes time and resources, and becomes increasingly difficult as the operational tempo rises.

If we look at all of the agencies that are involved in dealing with the current situation, they are at the equivalent an extremely high operational tempo.
Their ability to force generate is becoming increasingly depleted. Being unable to force generate quick enough is the risk that plans are designed to mitigate.

When the situation is resolved, there needs to be a period of recovery and recuperation before the services can return to a normal footing - let alone force generate to support other activities.

Consider the ambulance service - after months of dealing with this situation, do we expect them to immediately give up their leave and weekends to support other activities?
Old 25 Mar 2020, 23:41 (Ref:3966857)   #204
Adam43
14th
20KPINAL

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Just to add to the complications, my mother in law passed away today (97) and now we have to visit registrars, funeral parlours etc.
I'm sorry to hear that. My best wishes to you and your family.
Old 26 Mar 2020, 14:51 (Ref:3966990)   #205
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!
Yes sorry to hear that Pete
Old 26 Mar 2020, 15:04 (Ref:3967003)   #206
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
We expected it but its not nice so thanks folks. Just difficult to organise the funeral with the lock down.
In the current circumstances, we need to do all we can to help local businesses. With this in mind I suggest we all schedule our visits to the pub so we can keep the 2m social distancing and whilst there get completely slamied for two hours before handing over to the next shift.

It probably won't stop the virus but nobody would care.