Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 9 Mar 2020, 19:02 (Ref:3962590)   #16
midgetman
Veteran

England
Rural Wiltshire
midgetman is going for a new lap record!midgetman is going for a new lap record!midgetman is going for a new lap record!midgetman is going for a new lap record!midgetman is going for a new lap record!midgetman is going for a new lap record!
Just checked and my MSUK licence lapsed some years ago so here goes.

They've got some problems.

In my world karting is fragmenting away from MSUK governance, including one prestigious national series that has allegedly attracted TV coverage on Sky Sports F1. I believe litigation by the MSUK is involved there. "IKR" as it has been dubbed is kart racing outside of the auspices of MSUK and is thriving.

Loads of new MSUK rules are sending people away, both drivers and teams. It will happen in car racing - already there are "non-MSUK" sprint series.

Actions like the treatment of Frank Lyons will further drive a wedge between the drivers and the self-appointed "governing body". Surely a dialogue is more appropriate than Draconian penalties, even if they are "pour encourager les autres"?

I think that MSUK has lost a good man and we will regret its actions. A sad day for motor sport.

I've checked and I can't see anything other than fact and fair comment here

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 9 Mar 2020, 20:27 (Ref:3962611)   #17
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!
Glad I am free of rising costs involved in racing and all the bureaucracy, now all I've got to worry about in future is living in Spain under Brexit laws and the Corona virus
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 9 Mar 2020, 22:16 (Ref:3962631)   #18
MGDavid
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid has a real shot at the championship!MGDavid has a real shot at the championship!MGDavid has a real shot at the championship!MGDavid has a real shot at the championship!MGDavid has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post

I think that MSUK has lost a good man ...........
I think they've lost a lot more than that. Time will tell.
I had a read of the Policies & Guidelines, one part caught my eye:

"Most importantly…
A common-sense approach needs to be used by everyone involved in motorsport."

My italics, no further comment.
Old 10 Mar 2020, 05:51 (Ref:3962650)   #19
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The interesting thing is that last year I emailed the MUK about an issue I had an opinion about and when I received a reply I was (presumably mistakenly) copied in on the internal email stream discussing my issue.
In one of those internal emails, a senior official within MUK made some personal and disparaging remarks about me (despite not knowing me) which I found offensive. I complained to the commercial director but was basically dismissed.
One rule for one......
Old 10 Mar 2020, 06:43 (Ref:3962658)   #20
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpeebee2 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpeebee2 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If they’re so terrified about negative comment - that in itself tells you a lot about them...

It’s always annoyed that they’ve somehow got away with the (self-appointed) regulator claim.
Old 10 Mar 2020, 10:08 (Ref:3962726)   #21
zefarelly
Veteran

England
zefarelly should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridzefarelly should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridzefarelly should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
THere does seem to be a shift happening

I don't know what license holder numbers are like in the last 20 years, but most people I raced with since 2004 have moved on, or at most doing a lot less.
I still have a license but haven't done much in recent years, its losing its gradually losing it's appeal, primarily due to unaffordability, and partly a change in character and atmosphere.

I say that despite actually having a half decent income again, the costs have spiralled everywhere.
Old 10 Mar 2020, 11:55 (Ref:3962752)   #22
mark77
Rookie

mark77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sad event

Whilst not personally knowing Frank - it's sad news for motorsport. Over the years the Lyon's have contributed a great deal and been willing to enter some expensive bits of kit.
I don't know what opinions Frank expressed, but I for one am not always politically correct and wouldn't want racing to be become a world where you had to keep your mouth zipped. Perhaps we could introduce VAR into racing to ensure there is no need for opinion and everything is perfect
Old 17 Mar 2020, 10:21 (Ref:3964842)   #23
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just received email from HSCC, seems Frank is standing for re election
Old 17 Mar 2020, 10:46 (Ref:3964855)   #24
eamonn ledwidge
Racer

Ireland
Fyfield, Essex, UK
eamonn ledwidge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Just received email from HSCC, seems Frank is standing for re election
Quite right too, deserves all our support.
Old 17 Mar 2020, 13:45 (Ref:3964932)   #25
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good news. I hope he is unopposed.
Old 17 Mar 2020, 14:38 (Ref:3964950)   #26
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can we do a Labour Party & all join the HSCC for three quid so that we can vote for Frank?
Old 17 Mar 2020, 14:51 (Ref:3964954)   #27
zefarelly
Veteran

England
zefarelly should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridzefarelly should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridzefarelly should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Only If he promises not to sit on a very wide fence for three years and obliterate the club in the process!
Old 17 Mar 2020, 14:59 (Ref:3964958)   #28
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think I would credit him with more common sense than the Magic Grandpa!
Old 17 Mar 2020, 21:46 (Ref:3965085)   #29
The SpeCTator
Veteran

United Kingdom
South East - England
The SpeCTator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Having your race licence suspended when all racing is suspended is probably a first
Vote for Frank.
Old 18 Mar 2020, 07:09 (Ref:3965156)   #30
zefarelly
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
I think I would credit him with more common sense than the Magic Grandpa!
I don't know Frank very well, but I am inclined to agree.