Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 26 Mar 2018, 11:14 (Ref:3810885)   #1
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
STOLEN MGA

Gerard sent me a message to pass on that a FHC MGA race car regn no RSV895 was stolen, along with 4 wheel trailer, from the Paris area on Sunday morning. The car is pale green, and trailer red. It’s a very striking colour and if you google the number there are lots of pics available.

Hopefully we can get some more info, but in the meantime, keep your eyes open!
Old 26 Mar 2018, 11:23 (Ref:3810889)   #2
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Thank you Mike. As to the color I dont have the precise code but it looks like the Big Healey one of our american visitor posted a while ago. Any help appreciated.
Old 26 Mar 2018, 11:48 (Ref:3810898)   #3
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Thank you Mike. As to the color I dont have the precise code but it looks like the Big Healey one of our american visitor posted a while ago. Any help appreciated.
It’s the distinctive ‘works’ pale colour, think it was ‘Ash Green’ in period? If the owner is able to give any more detail, that would be good. Old pics show black race roundels and wheels....

Used to be the case in the UK that a lot of thieves just wanted the trailer, and would dump the car somewhere. Hope that is the case here, although more common now for the car to be stripped and parts sold on.

Just found this- https://easygram.club/p/BgwKhhjAKZB
Old 26 Mar 2018, 22:05 (Ref:3811093)   #4
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
If someone with the details has a Facebook account, the much maligned site is pretty good at spreading this sort of information quickly.......
Old 28 Mar 2018, 19:09 (Ref:3811578)   #5
Colin Parkinson
Rookie

England
Halifax 'Oop North'
Colin Parkinson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was Ash Green. I built the car. There some *******s about arent there???

I do have some detail photos if anyone needs them. I dont know who the current owner is.

For info the steel wheels were Saab,alloy standard type fuel tank, alloy mounts on the anti roll bar, bendix fuel pump.

Hopefully there will a sucesfull outcome, but I doubt it!

It was a sweet car.

Colin
Old 29 Mar 2018, 08:21 (Ref:3811695)   #6
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Parkinson View Post
It was a sweet car.Colin
Hope it still is a sweet car. Mike posted a link giving more details like engine number. As suggested probably the huge trailer was stolen no matter what was sitting inside. French season starts this weekend at Paul Ricard, the almost new for us pre66 grid will be missing one. Sad story. May be worth having an electronic device helping in location (dogs, cats, bicycles, etc…).
Old 29 Mar 2018, 09:02 (Ref:3811701)   #7
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Years and years ago we had trailer stolen with a brand new radical inside . This was the end of the world for me and team Delta . One of the worst moments I’ve had running race car team. Reported to police and then later in the day plucked up courage and told the owner of the car . Doom and gloom until later that evening an off duty police man ran me and asked why was one of my racing cars parked upina lay-by some 20 miles away . Never saw the trailer again but the radical was unmarked and in perfect condition . I can only hope and pray that the MGA is found in same way . Fingers crossed
Old 29 Mar 2018, 09:04 (Ref:3811702)   #8
Colin Parkinson
Rookie

England
Halifax 'Oop North'
[QUOTE= May be worth having an electronic device helping in location (dogs, cats, bicycles, etc…).[/QUOTE]

Just a thought.... it will have a transponder on. I wonder if that can be tracked somehow?

Colin
Old 29 Mar 2018, 09:19 (Ref:3811706)   #9
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Parkinson View Post
Just a thought.... it will have a transponder on. I wonder if that can be tracked somehow?

Colin
Colin, if you mean a timing transponder then I think the short answer is 'no'. I'm not involved in time-keeping anymore but as far as I'm aware they are only detected in very close proximity, normally of course that's close to the 'timing loops' laid into the track. But it would be possible to pick it up if you were very close to the car but again you would need the equivalent of hand-held timing equipment.

However, I recall that on the odd occasion a previously reported 'missing' transponder has appeared on timing screens. So if someone knows what it is and sells it on then it may crop up at sometime at a race meeting with the possibility of tracing back the source. Long shot though.
Old 29 Mar 2018, 10:51 (Ref:3811731)   #10
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Tracking devices are far more affordable nowadays, and a self powered sim utilising version well worth considering. You can see the location via your phone, so none of the complication and expense of a contract with a monitoring service.

I’ve got a couple of monitored ones fitted but will be getting battery powered magnetic attachment units when the contract expires! They can be swapped to wherever needed very quickly.

Only thing I have seen when reading up on them is that if using a ‘sim’ tracker it doesn’t necessarily work in all countries in Europe......
Old 29 Mar 2018, 11:47 (Ref:3811738)   #11
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I caught sight of an article headline about trackers on Caravans whilst passing over a camper web site.

Didn't read the detail but the suggestion was that with the devices available today to those with nefarious intent, tracking devices can be relatively easily found and disabled.

I have no idea whether this is correct but one might assume that technology moves on and some older devices might not be as useful as they once were.
If so some investigation of the state of play might make sense.
Old 29 Mar 2018, 12:00 (Ref:3811739)   #12
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
I caught sight of an article headline about trackers on Caravans whilst passing over a camper web site.

Didn't read the detail but the suggestion was that with the devices available today to those with nefarious intent, tracking devices can be relatively easily found and disabled.

I have no idea whether this is correct but one might assume that technology moves on and some older devices might not be as useful as they once were.
If so some investigation of the state of play might make sense.
I’m sure that many dedicated thieves will have the technology to find trackers. Best that can be hoped for is that a ‘casual’ thief won’t have the ability, or the location can be ascertained before they find it......
Old 29 Mar 2018, 17:04 (Ref:3811785)   #13
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
On the subject of trackers, a mate of mine has them fitted to all his vehicles and heavy plant machinery and has worked in his favour several times with things going for a "walk" from off of sites. He can track them on his smartphone and normally goes and finds them with a couple of "heavy" mates.
I saw a program about trackers and the police were in a helicopter flying above a main road in South Africa, The bleeper went off about every mile !!!
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 29 Mar 2018, 20:05 (Ref:3811810)   #14
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
I’m sure that many dedicated thieves will have the technology to find trackers. Best that can be hoped for is that a ‘casual’ thief won’t have the ability, or the location can be ascertained before they find it......
Right, we use to say "Ce qu'un homme fait un autre homme peut le défaire". Some trackers are pretty smart and you can asign them in case of any movement or when the device is moved further than a said perimeter. But ok with you all, nothing is perfect but I like Gordon"s suggestion, heavy mates can do a lot…
Old 30 Mar 2018, 08:46 (Ref:3811867)   #15
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
saw on fb just now that it's been found and with police involvement is on its way back to the owner !
brilliant result and great example of the usefulness of social media.
Old 30 Mar 2018, 09:09 (Ref:3811869)   #16
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great news....at last a sensible use for social media.....although if anyone wants see a picture of my breakfast/cat/new trainers am happy to post a photo!
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 30 Mar 2018, 09:13 (Ref:3811870)   #17
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Excellent news.
Old 30 Mar 2018, 09:24 (Ref:3811873)   #18
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Marvelous - great news!
Old 30 Mar 2018, 09:26 (Ref:3811875)   #19
Colin Parkinson
Rookie

England
Halifax 'Oop North'
Good result!
Old 30 Mar 2018, 10:45 (Ref:3811897)   #20
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
saw on fb just now that it's been found and with police involvement is on its way back to the owner !

Edit- Just thinking, if anyone can post the full story of how the car was found, it would be great to know!

Last edited by Mike Bell; 30 Mar 2018 at 11:30.
Old 30 Mar 2018, 11:33 (Ref:3811907)   #21
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Just thinking, if anyone can post the full story of how the car was found, it would be great to know!
Thanks to you all. I'll try to find out more details and let you know of course. Good job.
Old 30 Mar 2018, 11:48 (Ref:3811909)   #22
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
Excellent news Very happy for the owner.Mons Tooge.
Old 30 Mar 2018, 12:41 (Ref:3811917)   #23
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:

Edit- Just thinking, if anyone can post the full story of how the car was found, it would be great to know!
Sure;

"A big thank you!
Thank you all for relaying my message following the flight of my trailer and my mga (500000 people reached and + 6000 shares!!)

Thanks to the facebook friend of the residence Jean Mermoz (he will recognize himself) who spotted the trailer, warned me and allowed the police to intervene tonight to get the whole thing

Thanks finally to the police who really went to the top of this mésaventure
She has all my gratitude and support

I won't be at le castellet for the 1st race of the championship this weekend but we'll catch up in Dijon!!

Christian Godard (happy)"

http://www.facebook.com/Promo-Race-C...VLlvd-rCjZH9Pw
Old 30 Mar 2018, 13:32 (Ref:3811924)   #24
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Great news
Old 30 Mar 2018, 18:38 (Ref:3811989)   #25
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Good news indeed - I did say that FB could be good