Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 18 Apr 2018, 11:55 (Ref:3816338)   #126
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
According to my TV guide, there is 5 FTA games on FTA for the coming Rd5 of the AFL
thats lovely if you limit it to a round that includes the ANZAC day clash

but round 4, had 3 games and round 6 -10 will also have 3 games

Thus well under the 5 we used have. And those missing 2 games are not shown as a highlights package on FTA
Old 18 Apr 2018, 11:57 (Ref:3816339)   #127
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer69 View Post
NRL in 2018 has 3 live FTA games (occasionally 4) every week, which until 2016 had never been the case (when they Sunday arvo game moved to a 4pm start and became live)

Three games has been the general norm as far as FTA games for rugby league goes for 30-odd years. Until the mid-90s firstly Channel 10 (until 91) and then Channel 9 (from 92) showed delayed Friday night and Sunday arvo games, while the ABC showed a live Saturday arvo game.

There were occasions in the late-80s and early 90s when Ch9 or Ch10 in Sydney would air late on Sunday nights a replay of the local NBN Newcastle or Brisbane coverage of their home games, which would have been a 4th FTA game, but whether you count that or not is up to you, it wasn't a weekly thing.

When ABC bowed out after 1995 (and once the Super League war finished), there were usually just two delayed FTA games from 1998-2006ish, when a second Friday night game was introduced and the FTA count went back up to three, but just the one live.

In short to answer one five five's post, the current deal the NRL has, when you include the three live FTA games, really is the best the code has ever had.
Also the last 4-5 weeks of the comp there is an extra live Saturday night match on FTA.
Old 19 Apr 2018, 12:45 (Ref:3816495)   #128
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
I'm just applying the same sorts of stats you do when trying to prove a point, it's the pot calling the kettle black with your reply here.

Keep on swinging though
Old 19 Apr 2018, 21:50 (Ref:3816567)   #129
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
I'm just applying the same sorts of stats you do when trying to prove a point, it's the pot calling the kettle black with your reply here.

Keep on swinging though
so cant admit you made an error can you?

Last edited by peckstar; 19 Apr 2018 at 22:18.
Old 20 Apr 2018, 04:11 (Ref:3816591)   #130
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Hopefully this was meant to be ironic.
Old 20 Apr 2018, 05:59 (Ref:3816601)   #131
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

but round 4, had 3 games and round 6 -10 will also have 3 games

Thus well under the 5 we used have. And those missing 2 games are not shown as a highlights package on FTA
In Sydney at least, we've never had 5 FTA AFL games per weekend ever, outside the odd 'special occasion' weekend.
Old 20 Apr 2018, 06:34 (Ref:3816605)   #132
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
In Sydney at least, we've never had 5 FTA AFL games per weekend ever, outside the odd 'special occasion' weekend.
Same in Brisvegas. I'm not a fan of AFL at all so less is more in my view!
Old 20 Apr 2018, 07:11 (Ref:3816608)   #133
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
well that's ok, because we don't get 3 NRL games in Vic outside the odd 'special occasion' weekend

however the 2002 AFL deal for Vic at elast

had 1 friday night game on 9 , 2 saturday games on ten and 2 sunday games on 9

Seven gives up AFL rights

Quote:
For the AFL it wasn't just about money. The consortium's offer required 16 clubs to be involved, thereby guaranteeing the future of those already financially in doubt. The deal means five matches per weekend televised on free to air and three on Pay, and $100 million annually for sport.
Its a fair way back, so good sources are hard to fine, but this is from the abc

Under the current contract there are 3-4 rounds (depends on public holidays and thursday night games). however there are 9 games now, compared to 8 back in 2002

Last edited by peckstar; 20 Apr 2018 at 07:18.
Old 20 Apr 2018, 08:03 (Ref:3816616)   #134
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
I'm not a fan of AFL at all so less is more in my view!
I'm with you on that one, and i'm in Melbourne.
Old 20 Apr 2018, 12:38 (Ref:3816641)   #135
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
What error? You said FTA doesn't show 5 games a week anymore, I showed you there is 5 FTA games this very round coming

Quote:
well that's ok, because we don't get 3 NRL games in Vic outside the odd 'special occasion' weekend
Victoria gets three NRL games live on FTA every week!

I think you need to start checking your TV guide before posting about content, just a suggestion.
Old 20 Apr 2018, 13:01 (Ref:3816645)   #136
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
What error? You said FTA doesn't show 5 games a week anymore, I showed you there is 5 FTA games this very round coming

Victoria gets three NRL games live on FTA every week!

I think you need to start checking your TV guide before posting about content, just a suggestion.
actually you didnt, you showed me there are 5 when on the public holiday events, but i showed you there are not 5 in round 6-10, just 3 out of 9

and yes you are right, there are 3 nrl games, Not something i remotely watch, was not aware there was thursday night game in NRL, so I looked up the tv guide and checked the weekends coverage and only saw two, sorry.

3 out of 8, why does that mean something, oh thats right, that's the same percentage supercars have for live FTA events. but i cant watch the other 5 out of 8 NRL gamesin a highlights package on FTA. just on fox, the wonderful fox, where its live and ad free
Old 21 Apr 2018, 01:47 (Ref:3816722)   #137
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Riddle me this: what is the cheapest way to get all the motorsport and NRL on Fox right now? Even if it means just broadcast onto a tablet, and hitching a ride from someone else's current Fox TV account?
Old 21 Apr 2018, 01:49 (Ref:3816723)   #138
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
Riddle me this: what is the cheapest way to get all the motorsport and NRL on Fox right now? Even if it means just broadcast onto a tablet, and hitching a ride from someone else's current Fox TV account?
There is a $39 deal until tomorrow in HD, that does what you just asked.

Limited Time Special Offers

Although obviously if you know someone and can hitch a ride, that will eb cheaper.

However do you know a better deal?
Old 21 Apr 2018, 01:52 (Ref:3816724)   #139
Ospi
Veteran

Ospi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOspi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
That's what I did, using one of the parents associated emails for foxtel go etc. Surprised they haven't canned that option yet as I'm getting a free ride.
Old 21 Apr 2018, 02:22 (Ref:3816725)   #140
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
There is a $39 deal until tomorrow in HD, that does what you just asked.

However do you know a better deal?
No not at all, but I'd heard that piggybacking off an existing account was the way to go, just not sure on what that actually costs, but I know that with the Mustang announcement, it was me re-invigorated for the series.
Old 2 Jul 2018, 04:53 (Ref:3834264)   #141
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Article here on the Optus streaming issues encountered during the Soccer World Cup.

Interesting bit is that it seems that Foxtel is working towards moving some or maybe all its sports properties onto a streaming service. That might mean that you could get sport only rather than a package of different channels. Would also mean that the sports streamed would have access to more houses than Fox currently gets to. Might be good news to come out of this for we motorsport-obsessed peoples.
Old 20 Sep 2018, 04:24 (Ref:3851524)   #142
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
More here in general terms about Foxtel and it sounds like a streaming option for sport alone could well be on the cards.
Old 26 Sep 2018, 07:36 (Ref:3852720)   #143
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
Ironic given the grand tsar of News Ltd rallied Turnbull into a busted arse internet system. Now he wants go streaming. Brilliant...
Old 12 Nov 2018, 23:09 (Ref:3862911)   #144
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cricket's Foxtel deal showing its not just Supercars viewers that got the raw end of the pineapple

https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/spo...12-p50fie.html
Old 15 Nov 2018, 02:14 (Ref:3863388)   #145
Trev Campbell
Veteran

Trev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTrev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This comment I think could apply directly to Supercars.

'The lack of free-to-air coverage has hit home harder than those behind the deal had foreseen and it's difficult to reach any other conclusion that CA was blinded by the numbers with little regard for the immediate health of the game.'

Even though I finally caved and got fox this year, Only because the wife really wanted to watch all the V8's. I have found that, The guys who we used to get together every round to watch the racing with religiously when it was FTA (Those guys still don't have fox)
We don't get together because they have now found other things to do. Having gone without supercars for a couple of years, I find now that even with fox I don't care if I miss rounds. I have found other things to fill in my time.

Basically this happened. I'm not sure if this is the same for others.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4YyRbjrri4
Old 15 Nov 2018, 02:23 (Ref:3863390)   #146
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The reality is, Supercars needed the quick cash injection to shore up the teams to keep them afloat.

Without it, there'd be nothing to watch regardless of media platform.
Old 15 Nov 2018, 04:51 (Ref:3863394)   #147
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
At least the Cricket didn't cave on the digital deal - I can still buy the cricket pass for $40 a year, and stream it without Foxtel, which is great.
Old 15 Nov 2018, 07:32 (Ref:3863404)   #148
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
At least the Cricket didn't cave on the digital deal - I can still buy the cricket pass for $40 a year, and stream it without Foxtel, which is great.
No time certain finishes either.
Old 15 Nov 2018, 08:20 (Ref:3863423)   #149
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
No time certain finishes either.
You do raise an interesting point - but imagine if they introduced DRS into motorsport for infractions....
Old 15 Nov 2018, 09:19 (Ref:3863434)   #150
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
DRS in VASC?
We dont need any opening flaps in rear wings thank you.
Oh am I thinking the wrong type of DRS?