Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 24 May 2009, 09:17 (Ref:2468061)   #51
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAC View Post
Think you might need to get those eyes checked GTR

Think the only TKR connection might be that Booth use to drive for them
And the silver fern team shirts....
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 24 May 2009, 09:21 (Ref:2468064)   #52
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
More than that.. a curious legal defence to tall a judge you have net assets of $2.5m yet not produce anything to the court substantiating this.. hoping the judge will just take your word for it and let you off.

Old 24 May 2009, 11:16 (Ref:2468150)   #53
Rombles1
Veteran

Australia
Facebook
Rombles1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Funny, I always thought the silver fern was symbolic more of NZ than of TKR and DJ.....
Old 24 May 2009, 11:26 (Ref:2468158)   #54
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Oh yea, I see what you mean

Thank you Rombles, good call
Old 25 May 2009, 05:40 (Ref:2468579)   #55
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Uh huh

Old 25 May 2009, 06:26 (Ref:2468585)   #56
opinion8head
Racer

New Zealand
Cow Country.
opinion8head should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
More than that.. a curious legal defence to tall a judge you have net assets of $2.5m yet not produce anything to the court substantiating this.. hoping the judge will just take your word for it and let you off.

Curious defence ? "THE WORD"... has been the basis of most of the oportunities offered to all and sundry who have parted with their cash, supplied services or products. I guess this Judge was a little less romantic about racings idiosyncracys, and a fair bit more interested in FACTS!
The stalling tactic didn't work here,
I wonder if the AO's as sharp as the Judge?

Rombles 1... I agree,...
Our fern got "hijacked" I recon,
For pecunary advantage at that. It would seem.
Old 25 May 2009, 10:04 (Ref:2468663)   #57
DJJ
Racer

DJJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The scam artist, all comes out DJ.

Good luck with TKR lol.
Old 25 May 2009, 10:50 (Ref:2468682)   #58
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....

Eastern Creek 2004... its a bloody big fern!
Old 25 May 2009, 11:28 (Ref:2468705)   #59
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GTR do you know how many different silver ferns are used in NZ? Because I don’t. It’s a flippen national icon, oh and by the way in most cases the national base colour is black, oh and by the way we are also known as Kiwis.

I think we all know of your dislike for David John but hey you don’t have to tar a bunch of Kiwis that go racing with a black shirt and a silver fern on it with the same brush.

With all due respect I am politely telling you to pull your head in and find some nice things to say instead of being so negative.
Old 25 May 2009, 21:14 (Ref:2469078)   #60
flyingduck
Veteran

flyingduck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And the thread goes from bad to worse

This thread is becoming a joke, so is now any team with the name including any of the words Team, Kiwi or racing now associated with David John.

So is Brad Jones Racing now part of team Kiwi.

GTR mate I won't be as nice as NAC Pull your head in your turning yourself into the next D Johns making up half truths that are not even close to right.
Old 25 May 2009, 21:35 (Ref:2469092)   #61
opinion8head
Racer

New Zealand
Cow Country.
Quote:
GTR do you know how many different silver ferns are used in NZ? Because I don’t. It’s a flippen national icon, oh and by the way in most cases the national base colour is black, oh and by the way we are also known as Kiwis.

I think we all know of your dislike for David John but hey you don’t have to tar a bunch of Kiwis that go racing with a black shirt and a silver fern on it with the same brush.

With all due respect I am politely telling you to pull your head in and find some nice things to say instead of being so negative.
THREE cars at the Nurburgring 24hr...
One Engine failure, Replacement of said engine and completion of the competition with all three cars...

Andy Booth, Dedicated crew, Sponsors...Sounds "familiar" to me .
Another Great effort by a team of racers from NZ, at an INTERNATIONAL event.

Same colour shirts ,the Fern etc... But definitely NOT the same brush.
I went to jdo law.co and quess what ...no sign of the team owner there...

No "Legal Assistance" Entities visible either...

A Different Style...Eh ! More of a..."KIWI STYLE" ! IMHO.

flyingduck...a bit of confusion I think, GTRM can't seriously think KTN has anything "in common" with DJ's "operation" If he's infering anything nasty I missed it...Are you teasing us GTRM....Eh?
Old 25 May 2009, 22:25 (Ref:2469122)   #62
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingduck View Post
This thread is becoming a joke, so is now any team with the name including any of the words Team, Kiwi or racing now associated with David John.

So is Brad Jones Racing now part of team Kiwi.

GTR mate I won't be as nice as NAC Pull your head in your turning yourself into the next D Johns making up half truths that are not even close to right.
Flyingduck, I struggle to understand where you are coming from.

Thanks for the personal attack however.

The purpose of pointing out the Kiwi team competing at the Nurburgring was to show that there are other teams out there pushing a pro-Kiwi banner, that the look and feel of the presentation of the team isnt actually dissimilar to the V8Supercar entry of TKR, and that they are out there, proud of the fact that they are Kiwis

At no point did I ever cast aspersions as to the financial viability of the Nurburgring racers, or any other thing that you accuse me of.

Lighten up, there is more to the world than Team Kiwi Racing, and any sleights against Kiwis that are more fallacy than fact.
Old 25 May 2009, 23:02 (Ref:2469140)   #63
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
The purpose of pointing out the Kiwi team competing at the Nurburgring was to show that there are other teams out there pushing a pro-Kiwi banner, that the look and feel of the presentation of the team isnt actually dissimilar to the V8Supercar entry of TKR, and that they are out there, proud of the fact that they are Kiwis.
that "look and feel" was around a long time before DJ or TKR DJ just used it to sell his dream
Old 25 May 2009, 23:40 (Ref:2469153)   #64
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by promax View Post
that "look and feel" was around a long time before DJ or TKR DJ just used it to sell his dream
I tend to agree with you

The concern is how easily replicable the TKR "IP" actually is... it would be something that would need to be considered in examining a potential purchase of the brand name, trade marks and other associated paraphernalia
Old 26 May 2009, 00:41 (Ref:2469177)   #65
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And whether anything similar would be seen as passing off.
Old 26 May 2009, 05:58 (Ref:2469222)   #66
opinion8head
Racer

New Zealand
Cow Country.
Quote:
Originally Posted by promax View Post
Sooo True..!

Hey GTRM... We are just a bit fed up with the
Ace Ozzy 1's act thats all.

Passion fuels Motor Racing, Success builds Pride, Deciet causes anger, I quess some of us are a bit "touchy" on the "Kiwi connection" collateral damages in our midst at present.

DJJ's Got it...Its all... "coming out"
Old 26 May 2009, 08:37 (Ref:2469295)   #67
DJJ
Racer

DJJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Both of you need to pull your heads in, you let him bait you and vice versa.

Sorry but what has the 24 hour got to do with this part of the forum? Not raced here, so move along to the right forum.
Old 26 May 2009, 09:02 (Ref:2469308)   #68
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Quote:
Flyingduck, I struggle to understand where you are coming from.

Thanks for the personal attack however.

The purpose of pointing out the Kiwi team competing at the Nurburgring was to show that there are other teams out there pushing a pro-Kiwi banner, that the look and feel of the presentation of the team isnt actually dissimilar to the V8Supercar entry of TKR, and that they are out there, proud of the fact that they are Kiwis

At no point did I ever cast aspersions as to the financial viability of the Nurburgring racers, or any other thing that you accuse me of.

Lighten up, there is more to the world than Team Kiwi Racing, and any sleights against Kiwis that are more fallacy than fact.
GTR if your intention was not to tar them with the same brush the maybe we should have opened up a new thread.

Sorry if you took offence, I thought you placed it here to give the knife a twist, if I was wrong then sorry, if I’m not wrong then my past comment stands.
Old 26 May 2009, 09:05 (Ref:2469310)   #69
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJJ View Post
Sorry but what has the 24 hour got to do with this part of the forum? Not raced here, so move along to the right forum.
Agreed
Old 26 May 2009, 10:54 (Ref:2469379)   #70
smokin'joe
Veteran

smokin'joe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I tend to agree with you

The concern is how easily replicable the TKR "IP" actually is... it would be something that would need to be considered in examining a potential purchase of the brand name, trade marks and other associated paraphernalia
now that the licence is gone, there is no value in the brand, and i can't see anyone rushing out to buy into a trademark that signifies the benefits of corruption , fraud and manipulation.
as you have alluded to, it is very easy to have a race team with "like' symbolism to represent NZ, and if someone who can ACTUALLY run a race team wants to invent a similar entity, there would be bugger all stopping them from doing so (albiet with a few changes to branding/logo etc). Davy-boy can go to the highest court in the land and protest black and blue that 'HIS' branding has been copied, but i'm yet to see the NZRFU stoop so low as to do it to him!!
as i have said all along, Davy John used an 'all-black' car with a 'silver fern' as a means to fund his dream by ripping passionate kiwis aligned to two of their national icons/ images/identities. He no longer owns the licence, probably never actually owned any of the cars (in V8Supercar racing anyway??) and definately has no 'ownership' of the iconology(??) of a black car with a silver fern emblazened upon it.

if i hit the jacKpot in the Lotto, i too , could start a team with a very similar, but not the same 'face' and call it TKR (True Kiwi Racesport??), with a slightly different silver fern on a black car, and all he would end up with is a huge lawyers bill should he try to claim copyright/trademark breach.
Old 26 May 2009, 21:40 (Ref:2469845)   #71
opinion8head
Racer

New Zealand
Cow Country.
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin'joe View Post
now that the licence is gone, there is no value in the brand, and i can't see anyone rushing out to buy into a trademark that signifies the benefits of corruption , fraud and manipulation.
as you have alluded to, it is very easy to have a race team with "like' symbolism to represent NZ, and if someone who can ACTUALLY run a race team wants to invent a similar entity, there would be bugger all stopping them from doing so (albiet with a few changes to branding/logo etc). Davy-boy can go to the highest court in the land and protest black and blue that 'HIS' branding has been copied, but i'm yet to see the NZRFU stoop so low as to do it to him!!
as i have said all along, Davy John used an 'all-black' car with a 'silver fern' as a means to fund his dream by ripping passionate kiwis aligned to two of their national icons/ images/identities. He no longer owns the licence, probably never actually owned any of the cars (in V8Supercar racing anyway??) and definately has no 'ownership' of the iconology(??) of a black car with a silver fern emblazened upon it.

if i hit the jacKpot in the Lotto, i too , could start a team with a very similar, but not the same 'face' and call it TKR (True Kiwi Racesport??), with a slightly different silver fern on a black car, and all he would end up with is a huge lawyers bill should he try to claim copyright/trademark breach.
Absolutely agree smokin'joe...

DJ's...Te Kiwi Ripoff, has only bought the underarm style to NZ's Motor Racing History. The "Opportunites" as we are all finding out were more about " Funding his Dreams " than running a bona fide buisness.
Evo's gunna squalk about cars ownerships...that "contract 101" thing thats served them both so well...up until now ...
Old 28 May 2009, 21:03 (Ref:2471192)   #72
Geewizz
Racer

Geewizz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Saw the TKR VT/VX sitting in Hamilton Auction house last week (Ex Perkins build). Presumably no engine or box, had a board sitting next to it with 60k as an indication of reserve...
Old 28 May 2009, 21:12 (Ref:2471206)   #73
opinion8head
Racer

New Zealand
Cow Country.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geewizz View Post
Saw the TKR VT/VX sitting in Hamilton Auction house last week (Ex Perkins build). Presumably no engine or box, had a board sitting next to it with 60k as an indication of reserve...
For Sale by Owner...the Official Assignee ?
Old 28 May 2009, 21:31 (Ref:2471221)   #74
Southern Man
Veteran

New Zealand
Southern Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The words Team NZ and/or Team Kiwi have been used by just about every loose knit group of proud NZers competing in any offshore sporting venture and one suspects that David John gained his inspiration from the Team NZ Americas Cup yachting syndicate where they did play on the support of the NZ Public at large as David took on Goliath in the shape of Dennis Connor and co and this was initially evidenced by the similarity of logos and design artwork.

Difference was that Team NZ had the backing of a couple of very wealthy backers until they were able to generate the support of sponsors and public where as DJ had the idea but no immediate funding and was paying last year’s bills with next year’s income.

The saga that has followed has earned him the disgust of just about all Kiwis as he has tarnished the symbols and virtues of all that we hold true in sporting endeavours. If he were to repeatedly publically wipe his backside on the baggy green cap of Australian cricket while standing on the green and gold flag of the boxing Kangaroo then I am sure all you Aussies would understand the depth of feeling about him on this side of the Tasman
Old 31 May 2009, 23:25 (Ref:2472999)   #75
opinion8head
Racer

New Zealand
Cow Country.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post

The saga that has followed has earned him the disgust of just about all Kiwis as he has tarnished the symbols and virtues of all that we hold true in sporting endeavours. If he were to repeatedly publically wipe his backside on the baggy green cap of Australian cricket while standing on the green and gold flag of the boxing Kangaroo then I am sure all you Aussies would understand the depth of feeling about him on this side of the Tasman
I am sure there are more than just a few Australians who also share this "depth of feeling". Having experienced the same DJ BS as those this side of the Tasman.
The licence may be gone, but the great pretender still seems to be roaming at will, claiming "new oportunities" to everyone who is willing to listen.
still "taking the $$s"