Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 2 Sep 2018, 12:14 (Ref:3847583)   #76
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
O RLY?

Is that like... overtaking someone after nudging them, is the same as overtaking someone without nudging them? It's the same thing is it not??

Maybe Vettel and Kimi are the best ones to ask about that....seem like experts
Old 2 Sep 2018, 12:19 (Ref:3847584)   #77
EffectiveSprinkles
Veteran

EffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsedEffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarracinguk View Post
No it’s not. Lewis was infront on merit
Because he cut the track. He was in front because of luck. Bottas was on much better tyres and in normal circumstances would have passed Hamilton and won easily.

You're the blinkered one if you try to defend Bottas not being allowed to win as not being the same as being told to move over.
Old 2 Sep 2018, 12:21 (Ref:3847585)   #78
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I have to admit, this thread went from 0 to "I'm 5 and hate Vettel soooo much" at a pace we've rarely seen before. I'm actually impressed this time.

I wonder if we can have a discussion about the race that doesn't centre upon if Vettel sneezing is a violating of a regulation and how it's suspicious his bathroom break isn't investigated.
Old 2 Sep 2018, 12:24 (Ref:3847586)   #79
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Maybe Vettel and Kimi are the best ones to ask about that....seem like experts
You mean like when Vettel took out Bottas in France, and Raikkonen took out Hamilton in Britain? When Mercedes lost constructors and drivers points because of those collisions, that were 100% the fault of the Ferrari drivers?

And then Mercedes asking Bottas to hold station in Germany because they wanted to minimise the risk, and recover points lost because of the Ferrari duo? How dare Mercedes try to protect and recover some of the points lost because of the Ferrari drivers!!?? How dare they!

Old 2 Sep 2018, 12:27 (Ref:3847587)   #80
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EffectiveSprinkles View Post
Because he cut the track. He was in front because of luck. Bottas was on much better tyres and in normal circumstances would have passed Hamilton and won easily.

You're the blinkered one if you try to defend Bottas not being allowed to win as not being the same as being told to move over.
Luck? He made a decision to stay out when his team messed up the radio message. You fail to mention the previous laps that got him into that position. Normal circumstances like the laps Bottas was allowed to race but didn’t get past?

Your crazy. Of course it’s different being told to hold station than being told to let your teammate past after earning your way to the lead.

Does make me giggle though since I’m the race you are citing, Ferrari asked Kimi to let Vettel through
Old 2 Sep 2018, 12:28 (Ref:3847588)   #81
ascarracinguk
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
You mean like when Vettel took out Bottas at France, and Raikkonen took out Hamilton in Britain? When Mercedes lost constructors and drivers points because of those collisions, that were 100% the fault of the Ferrari drivers?

And then Mercedes asking Bottas to hold station in Germany because they wanted to minimise the risk, and recover points lost because of the Ferrari duo? How dare Mercedes try to protect and recover some of the points lost because of the Ferrari drivers!!?? How dare they!

Tell me about it.

Edited to remove any accusation of inferior intelligence

Last edited by ascarracinguk; 2 Sep 2018 at 12:37.
Old 2 Sep 2018, 12:35 (Ref:3847589)   #82
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Can you guys cut out the personal attacks, please?
Old 2 Sep 2018, 12:37 (Ref:3847590)   #83
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Didn't realise Ferrari hadn't won at Monza since 2010.

Will Vettel make it to T1 before Lewis? It's a horrible track to be on the right hand side.
Old 2 Sep 2018, 12:42 (Ref:3847591)   #84
ascarracinguk
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Didn't realise Ferrari hadn't won at Monza since 2010.

Will Vettel make it to T1 before Lewis? It's a horrible track to be on the right hand side.
Yeh it’s quite a long wait for a win. Think Ferrari have the pace down the straights though like spa so if Hamilton does get past I think it’s going to be difficult to hold on anyway
Old 2 Sep 2018, 12:51 (Ref:3847592)   #85
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekola View Post
Not the only one... Vettel must be greet by Jacky Ickx itself.
Icky Vettel... Or Vettel as... the... Rat??? Eeeeh...
Lauda is the Rat, King Rat.
Old 2 Sep 2018, 12:55 (Ref:3847593)   #86
EffectiveSprinkles
Veteran

EffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsedEffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Luck? He made a decision to stay out when his team messed up the radio message. You fail to mention the previous laps that got him into that position. Normal circumstances like the laps Bottas was allowed to race but didn’t get past?

Your crazy. Of course it’s different being told to hold station than being told to let your teammate past after earning your way to the lead.

Does make me giggle though since I’m the race you are citing, Ferrari asked Kimi to let Vettel through
I'm not claiming Ferrari don't use team orders, so no idea why you mention that.

'Earning' something has nothing to do with anything. Bottas had that win in the bag by being on better tyres at the end and had to give it up to Hamilton. How that is different from moving out of the way physically is anyone's guess.
Old 2 Sep 2018, 13:02 (Ref:3847594)   #87
ascarracinguk
Veteran

Quote:
I'm not claiming Ferrari don't use team orders, so no idea why you mention that.

'Earning' something has nothing to do with anything. Bottas had that win in the bag by being on better tyres at the end and had to give it up to Hamilton. How that is different from moving out of the way physically is anyone's guess.
Again you’re talking rubbish. Bottas has nothing in the bag. Seriously.....I’m in stitches over here!!! He tried for 2 laps to get past Hamilton, made a mistake trying, slipped back and was told to hold off.

How is it different? If you still can’t see it....there’s no point trying to explain
Old 2 Sep 2018, 13:07 (Ref:3847595)   #88
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What the hell has happened to this forum ?
Old 2 Sep 2018, 13:09 (Ref:3847596)   #89
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Being told to hold station and give up the position are two different things
Old 2 Sep 2018, 13:10 (Ref:3847597)   #90
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
The 700m run to T1 exaggerates the effect a good or bad start has as well. I'd be surprised if Vettel makes it to T1 above third.
Old 2 Sep 2018, 13:16 (Ref:3847598)   #91
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That was a clean start but Vettel got turned at the second chicane as he made contact with Hamilton. First SC.
Old 2 Sep 2018, 13:17 (Ref:3847599)   #92
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
I wonder if Lewis will be more optimistic after that start.

Surprised they needed an SC for the debris at T1. They had a lap to clear it.
Old 2 Sep 2018, 13:17 (Ref:3847600)   #93
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by brands View Post
What the hell has happened to this forum ?

It became a schoolyard at the start of 2017.
Old 2 Sep 2018, 13:18 (Ref:3847601)   #94
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I wonder if Lewis will be more optimistic after that start.

Surprised they needed an SC for the debris at T1. They had a lap to clear it.
I totally missed the stranded STR and assumed it continued.
Old 2 Sep 2018, 13:21 (Ref:3847602)   #95
EffectiveSprinkles
Veteran

Hamilton didn't give an inch but Vettel was extremely unlucky to spin there.
Old 2 Sep 2018, 13:22 (Ref:3847603)   #96
ascarracinguk
Veteran

Quote:
Hamilton didn't give an inch but Vettel was extremely unlucky to spin there.
Unlucky?
Old 2 Sep 2018, 13:23 (Ref:3847604)   #97
EffectiveSprinkles
Veteran

Yes, it was a very light touch.
Old 2 Sep 2018, 13:24 (Ref:3847605)   #98
ascarracinguk
Veteran

Quote:
Yes, it was a very light touch.
Should have backed off then. He seems very unlucky racing Mercedes cars into turn 1 chicanes this year
Old 2 Sep 2018, 13:25 (Ref:3847606)   #99
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
The race stewards are calling Hamilton and Vettel's contact a racing incident. That's how I saw it.
Old 2 Sep 2018, 13:26 (Ref:3847607)   #100
ascarracinguk
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
The race stewards are calling Hamilton and Vettel's contact a racing incident. That's how I saw it.
Yup