Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 17 Dec 2021, 12:49 (Ref:4090282)   #901
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's reasonable then, didn't know it.
Old 17 Dec 2021, 14:54 (Ref:4090298)   #902
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
I also think a driver who says the following has definitely excluded themselves from a 2022 seat:

“I don’t mean it in a bad way against the championship, but I’m 110% happy with how things are these days with me and what else I’ve got going on,”

“It was good to be there and actually go, ‘Yeah, I’ve completely made the right decision and I’m at one with what we’re doing now.’

“I was more than happy with not being in there full-time, so I have no desire to do that if I‘m honest – I’ve moved on from it and it doesn’t do anything for me.

“If I watched the Goodwood Revival on the TV and I wasn’t there, I’d 100% want to be there, but with touring cars I’ve moved on – I’ll watch it if I’m around, just because I’m intrigued about who’s doing what, but it doesn’t one bit make me want to find the budget to get out there and do it.

“There’s nothing I hate about the championship – it’s just that in my head I’m quite done with it and I’m cool with not being in it.”

“With the historics it’s just so busy in terms of business that I wouldn’t have the time to do that and a full-time thing like touring cars. It just wouldn’t work – I couldn’t fit in such an intense programme alongside our historic commitments.

“I want to pick some of the big European rounds like Holjes and things like that – just bucket-list events that will be an adventure. I’m looking forward to that.”
that bit is key

not even if he would be offered a nice paycheck ?
Old 17 Dec 2021, 15:14 (Ref:4090305)   #903
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
not even if he would be offered a nice paycheck ?
Well - considering he has never been a paid driver in the past, you'd have to wind the clock back 20+ years to find a chance of someone like Jordan being paid to drive in the BTCC.

As said before - in the BTCC of 2022 you will not find (even in the remotest of wild dreams) a situation where Jordan attracts a paid drive from a team in the championship.

As a rumour of a 2022 entry, it's in the same area as Lewis Hamilton taking a seat in a Kia sponsored by the North Pole elves. How many ?'s would that need in a list?
Old 17 Dec 2021, 15:39 (Ref:4090308)   #904
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
The Speedworks drive is an interesting one because they have suddenly expanded to three cars and very few drivers have been mentioned in relation to the seat. I would be surprised if Rory Butcher left, so would have him down for the first seat. Josh Cook has been linked to the second but I think this is unlikely, and Sam Smelt is probably leaving the team. Two drivers who I have not seen linked to the team but cannot see going anywhere else (except BTC) are Tom Chilton and Jason Plato. That would be quite a team, if they can get Butcher, Chilton and Plato, and would have enough backing to function competitively. I suspect it is more likely that they end up with a paying rookie in the third car alongside Butcher and Chilton, but if they can get either Plato or Cook that would be a great lineup.
Old 17 Dec 2021, 16:27 (Ref:4090321)   #905
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Speedworks expanding to three cars is generally quite an exciting and surprising prospect given how long they were a single-car operation. Let's be honest, this year they also seemed a bit like a one-car team so would be fantastic to see at least two competitive drivers in "factory" Toyotas. A great one would be to have, Butcher as sort of no 1, Chilton as a solid, podium- contending number 2 and a young, talented guy in the third car but probably that's a bit too much to ask.
Old 18 Dec 2021, 18:44 (Ref:4090472)   #906
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Well - considering he has never been a paid driver in the past, you'd have to wind the clock back 20+ years to find a chance of someone like Jordan being paid to drive in the BTCC.

As said before - in the BTCC of 2022 you will not find (even in the remotest of wild dreams) a situation where Jordan attracts a paid drive from a team in the championship.

As a rumour of a 2022 entry, it's in the same area as Lewis Hamilton taking a seat in a Kia sponsored by the North Pole elves. How many ?'s would that need in a list?
I heard Lewis was in talks with the South Pole Penguins about a ride in their Mercedes powered Volvo's. JP and Matt Neale will be in charge of the bacon sarnies apparently.
Old 18 Dec 2021, 20:30 (Ref:4090479)   #907
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
I heard Lewis was in talks with the South Pole Penguins about a ride in their Mercedes powered Volvo's. JP and Matt Neale will be in charge of the bacon sarnies apparently.
I'd of thought Tim Harvey would of been in charge of catering, even if no one appointed him.
Old 19 Dec 2021, 12:13 (Ref:4090566)   #908
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_l View Post
I'd of thought Tim Harvey would of been in charge of catering, even if no one appointed him.
Tim's responsible for "quality control"
Old 19 Dec 2021, 17:45 (Ref:4090594)   #909
porsche962fan
Veteran

if Hill will end up at Motorbase again it would kill 2 rumors at one , that he will be at WSR and Sutton at Motorbase
Old 19 Dec 2021, 19:54 (Ref:4090601)   #910
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
if Hill will end up at Motorbase again it would kill 2 rumors at one , that he will be at WSR and Sutton at Motorbase
I think it's pretty certain he won't be at Motorbase next year.
Old 19 Dec 2021, 20:24 (Ref:4090604)   #911
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Suttons announcement is planned for this week.
Old 19 Dec 2021, 21:32 (Ref:4090609)   #912
piekey
Rookie

piekey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If i was a betting man ?
I would have a months wages on Sutton @ Motorbase.......
Watch this space.
Old 19 Dec 2021, 21:48 (Ref:4090610)   #913
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Robin Marriott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Without me trawling through 55 pages to find out, can someone tell me why Sutton wouldn’t still be in the same car or at least at the same team as this year?
Old 19 Dec 2021, 22:00 (Ref:4090611)   #914
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Marriott View Post
Without me trawling through 55 pages to find out, can someone tell me why Sutton wouldn’t still be in the same car or at least at the same team as this year?
In summary - the 2021 drive was a combination of Moffat, BMR, Boardley and HARD. putting together a deal with Warren Scott for Sutton to be in a Laser Tools-branded Infiniti.

For 2022, that deal doesn't work for some of the parties involved.
Old 19 Dec 2021, 22:01 (Ref:4090612)   #915
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
With seemingly the worst-kept secret in BTCC being revealed soon, another former champion is also moving teams due to sponsorship reasons. The date of this reveal is still not confirmed.
Old 19 Dec 2021, 22:10 (Ref:4090613)   #916
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Robin Marriott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
In summary - the 2021 drive was a combination of Moffat, BMR, Boardley and HARD. putting together a deal with Warren Scott for Sutton to be in a Laser Tools-branded Infiniti.

For 2022, that deal doesn't work for some of the parties involved.
Perfect, thanks.
Old 19 Dec 2021, 22:44 (Ref:4090614)   #917
porsche962fan
Veteran

Quote:
With seemingly the worst-kept secret in BTCC being revealed soon, another former champion is also moving teams due to sponsorship reasons. The date of this reveal is still not confirmed.
so it can be

- Plato
- Turkington
- Shedden

Last edited by porsche962fan; 19 Dec 2021 at 22:56.
Old 19 Dec 2021, 22:58 (Ref:4090615)   #918
mprmke
Racer

mprmke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
so it can be

- Plato
- Turkington
- Shedden
Shedden would be the most likely off that list. I expect Plato to move on from PMR, but not for sponsorship reasons. Turkington would only leave WSR if BMW withdrew support. Guess you could count that as sponsorship-related, but Shedden seems to fit that reasoning better than the other two.
Old 19 Dec 2021, 23:01 (Ref:4090616)   #919
porsche962fan
Veteran

maybe Shedden and Butcher at Speedworks ? Team Scotland
Old 20 Dec 2021, 10:15 (Ref:4090648)   #920
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I can certainly see Flash at Toyota, alongside his brother in law. Would make a great team
Old 20 Dec 2021, 10:23 (Ref:4090654)   #921
mprmke
Racer

mprmke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seems a pretty natural fit. They also came pretty close to putting together a deal to run Butcher and Shedden together at Motorbase a couple of years ago.
Old 20 Dec 2021, 12:48 (Ref:4090672)   #922
Matt K
Veteran

Who in Dynamics then? I bet Neal's return is almost a certainty but who in the third car?
Old 20 Dec 2021, 12:54 (Ref:4090673)   #923
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
Who in Dynamics then? I bet Neal's return is almost a certainty but who in the third car?
Today, Neal has talked about still working on a deal to get back into a drive for 2022.

Now whether that is typical smoke and mirrors?
Old 20 Dec 2021, 13:04 (Ref:4090675)   #924
Matt K
Veteran

Quote:
Today, Neal has talked about still working on a deal to get back into a drive for 2022.

Now whether that is typical smoke and mirrors?
I bet it is
Old 20 Dec 2021, 13:13 (Ref:4090676)   #925
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Neal has said in several interviews on podcasts that he would never want to outstay his welcome in the championship and didn't want to slide towards ths back of the grid. He hasn't been in a title hunt for a decade so I doubt he'll want to return to get beaten up by the midfeld dross again. He's enjoyed his team boss role this year. His time is doe and wants to pass on his knowledge to the next generation like Rowbo.