Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 9 Mar 2003, 20:29 (Ref:530550)   #1
blackx
Veteran

England
blackx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who is going to the Loton training day??

OK guys 'n' gals...
If anyone from here is going to the training day @ Loton Park the let us all know..
I have worked out who one or two of you are but maybe I know more of you than I think..
suppose we will have to have one leg tucked in our socks and one out as I believe that to be our version of the Masons Secret handshake.....
Old 9 Mar 2003, 20:53 (Ref:530568)   #2
Stuart Hill
Veteran

England
Stuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well Blackie, that was the idea........ but only Woolley, Harry and myself adopted the "sock thing" at Mallory !
As we already knew each other it wasn't much of a secret sign !!

Maybe more luck at Loton :confused:
Old 10 Mar 2003, 18:12 (Ref:531781)   #3
Gizmo
Racer

Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi
Gizmo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Although I wasn`t there I can assure you guys that I was wearing me trousers in the prescribed fashion...felt a bit of a prat in the pub though!!

But seriously, to answer the question I will be there with the unit to see if I can still drop off to sleep at a moments notice after the winter layoff.
Old 10 Mar 2003, 18:28 (Ref:531804)   #4
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
felt a bit of a prat in the pub though!!
Did he complain?
Old 10 Mar 2003, 18:32 (Ref:531811)   #5
Stuart Hill
Veteran

England
Stuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Woolley
Did he complain?
No!! he was doing the feeling !!
Old 10 Mar 2003, 23:29 (Ref:532195)   #6
Gizmo
Racer

Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi
Stu and Woolley, you two were obviously there in the pub with me...what were you disguised as?....
Old 11 Mar 2003, 18:21 (Ref:532983)   #7
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It wasn't us, we were somewhere else. Who did you see disguised as what that you thought was us?

You may need to read that sentence several times, but I'm sure it does make sense. Eventually.
Old 11 Mar 2003, 18:31 (Ref:533008)   #8
Stuart Hill
Veteran

England
Quote:
Who did you see disguised as what that you thought was us?
No, still doesn't work

Tried several times now.
Old 11 Mar 2003, 18:38 (Ref:533019)   #9
Gizmo
Racer

Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi
Quote:
It wasn't us, we were somewhere else. Who did you see disguised as what that you thought was us?

You may need to read that sentence several times, but I'm sure it does make sense. Eventually.
Do you know...I think it was actually three other people and nothing to do with us....oeer ! now i`m confused!!!
Old 11 Mar 2003, 18:49 (Ref:533048)   #10
Stuart Hill
Veteran

England
oh well, nothing new there then Gizmo !!
Old 11 Mar 2003, 23:08 (Ref:533331)   #11
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
This is worrying. I thought that when Rescue turned up and asked the driver if he knew where he was, it was to test his mental state. I never realized it was because they didn't know where they were!

For your assistance, Loton is near Shrewsbury, the Rescue Unit is the big white van, and anyone you meet in a pub isn't us.

Look forward to seeing you there. Are there really only 3 of us going?
Old 12 Mar 2003, 17:26 (Ref:534029)   #12
Stuart Hill
Veteran

England
4 !!! 'arry will be there!
Old 12 Mar 2003, 18:22 (Ref:534091)   #13
Gizmo
Racer

Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi
I thought the big white can was where you eat burgers, bacon and sossidge butties, doughnuts and drink tea and stuff?.......ok you got me with that one!!
Old 13 Mar 2003, 19:22 (Ref:535315)   #14
Pike
Racer

Pike should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I`ll be there too. I aint marshalling with `Arry though after Sunday!!!
Old 13 Mar 2003, 20:20 (Ref:535387)   #15
Stuart Hill
Veteran

England
How can you say that Pike, after the hospitality Harry showed you on Saturday???? He is most hurt!!
Old 13 Mar 2003, 22:05 (Ref:535470)   #16
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
His first post and he chooses to attack some poor unfortunate fellow 10-10ther, and after they'd shared a room for the night...
Old 13 Mar 2003, 22:11 (Ref:535476)   #17
Stuart Hill
Veteran

England
Quote:
His first post and he chooses to attack some poor unfortunate fellow 10-10ther, and after they'd shared a room for the night...
I must say, I did wonder why Harry had to get dressed again on Sunday morning!!
Old 14 Mar 2003, 16:10 (Ref:536187)   #18
Pike
Racer

Pike should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tell Harry I am really sorry and I will buy him a pint next time I see him or a banana - whichever he would prefer. It took ages to undo those overalls on Saturday night
Old 18 Mar 2003, 11:31 (Ref:539983)   #19
Logrence
Veteran

Wales
Logrence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is it still possible to sign up for this training day business next Sunday? Rang the number on the website for Loton but there doesn't appear to be anyone in...
Old 18 Mar 2003, 12:12 (Ref:540005)   #20
Stuart Hill
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Logrence
Is it still possible to sign up for this training day business next Sunday? Rang the number on the website for Loton but there doesn't appear to be anyone in...
I've just left a message with the organser to call me. Will pm you later with his answer. Should be ok as they are always after new blood.
Old 18 Mar 2003, 12:32 (Ref:540027)   #21
Logrence
Veteran

Wales
Logrence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by crazystu
I've just left a message with the organser to call me. Will pm you later with his answer. Should be ok as they are always after new blood.
Great, cheers
Old 18 Mar 2003, 13:12 (Ref:540081)   #22
neilwaynesmith
Veteran

England
Tamworth, England
neilwaynesmith is a back marker
Have 'volunteered' for the training day, as a novice to speed/hill climb events please can someone tell me if they send out tickets/details for this training day? or do you just turn up?
Old 18 Mar 2003, 13:30 (Ref:540091)   #23
Stuart Hill
Veteran

England
Ok guys, here are the answers......

if you have already volunteered, the details are currently en-route by snail mail.

if you still want to volunteer, let me know and I'll pm you the email address of the club secretary who will email you a copy of the details.

To anyone else looking at joining us, there is still room.

But don't forget, Loton is not just for training!!! It is a fabulous hill run by a very organised and marshal-friendly club !!

See you all there.
Old 18 Mar 2003, 13:35 (Ref:540097)   #24
Stuart Hill
Veteran

England
Loton Park

Just in case you're wondering about Loton Park
Old 18 Mar 2003, 18:08 (Ref:540338)   #25
Stuart Hill
Veteran

England
so now who is going to the training day????????