Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 19 Oct 2009, 12:29 (Ref:2564563)   #1
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Eurosport MotoGP Friday practice coverage - make a good podcast?

I dont know what others of you think but I love Friday practice when Jules & Toby are on because they just have a general natter about bike racing, the paddock gossip, this & that and the odd time from the track. I reckon that it would make a great podcast (do Eurosport do such a thing?), even if it might have to be trimmed down to a svelte 3 hours or so from 4.5

I generally record Fridays practice anyway and then play it back during the next week to catch up on what they are saying, if I dont get a chance to watch it live.

Obviously if that Buffoon Kirbys on I dont bother and switch to the BBC world feed for 125s & 250s on the red button.

Anyone else think a Toby n Jules podcast would be worth asking Eurosport for? And if so anyone know anybody there that could get the suggestion looked at? Im talking about an audio only broadcast, pictures are'nt necessary to be honest.
Old 20 Oct 2009, 07:56 (Ref:2565198)   #2
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
DavidStHubbins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree. The two of them are a class act and quite hilarious in a warm and geeky kind of way. I'd listen to the podcasts. Some untapped gold there.
Old 20 Oct 2009, 08:14 (Ref:2565216)   #3
Graz
Veteran

Ireland
Graz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yes, good point. There's also a US based posdcast 'MotoGPod' which is quite good.
Old 20 Oct 2009, 09:02 (Ref:2565239)   #4
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ah here - right Il give it a listen to http://motogpod.com/
Old 20 Oct 2009, 10:51 (Ref:2565310)   #5
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
And when you compare them to the F1 commentator/analyst guys - makes you proud to be a motorbike fan

motorbikes = periphery = cult = cool
Old 20 Oct 2009, 20:31 (Ref:2565711)   #6
Toby Moody
Rookie

Toby Moody should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Glad you like it on a friday. We do like the chat too!

Will suggest to those above the idea.

I will.

Toby M
Old 20 Oct 2009, 20:40 (Ref:2565725)   #7
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Excellent! And welcome Mr. Moody!
Old 20 Oct 2009, 21:08 (Ref:2565747)   #8
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

Nice one ObergruppEnführe!

Always mean to email some questions in on a more regular basis, the gout ridden one was struggling during Fridays Phillip Island practice to find topics but then again there were only a handful of people actually awake enough to respond, most folks were relying on the VCR & Sky+ box's... Taking nothing away from it though, it was a classic session, one gleans so much from it. And what goes unsaid too.. not a lot of faith in the old BMW 3 cylinder team I think we could take from that session.

Graet stuff though, hopefully you guys are in for the WHOLE season next year and we shall hear nothing of the vacum cleaner? Pretty please?
Old 21 Oct 2009, 06:28 (Ref:2565965)   #9
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby Moody View Post
Glad you like it on a friday. We do like the chat too!

Will suggest to those above the idea.

I will.

Toby M
And I meant 'warm and geeky' in the best possible way Genuinely welcome encyclopedic knowledge told in the nicest manner possible

I even Sky+ the motogp race instead of watching it live on beeb, just for the commentators.

Here endeth my sycophantic ramblings.
Old 21 Oct 2009, 20:21 (Ref:2566592)   #10
Toby Moody
Rookie

vacuum cleaner?
Old 21 Oct 2009, 21:49 (Ref:2566669)   #11
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hey there Tobe, glad to know you have a gander on here now and again.

I simply enjoy the pair of you trying to talk and finish off a biccie when something happens!! I imagine a Partridge moment of coughing up said biccie into empty hand!

Have learned many cool snippets on a Friday after a half day at work. And enjoy the general fun and mickey taking!

For those of us that cant get Eurosport anymore after years of loyal viewing a podcast would be great.
Old 21 Oct 2009, 22:06 (Ref:2566680)   #12
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not to mention, for those of us from across the pond.

I'd love to see a feature such as this. Your commentary is trumps over what Speed give us over here.
Old 22 Oct 2009, 06:05 (Ref:2566834)   #13
Toby Moody
Rookie

Thanks all.

This Fri, Sat and Sunday again it's MotoGP then. Malaysia and the potential for the title to be wrapped up. What might VR do to celebrate...?

Send in questions to motogp.eurosport@yahoo.com and we'll answer them on air. Just make sure they are decent good questions...!

Tobe
Old 24 Oct 2009, 19:16 (Ref:2568838)   #14
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby Moody View Post
vacuum cleaner?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kirby_Company
Old 24 Oct 2009, 20:12 (Ref:2568867)   #15
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
I am http://www.confused.com/
Old 26 Oct 2009, 06:47 (Ref:2569832)   #16
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidStHubbins View Post
https://BywayofExplanation.org

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...=carlton+kirby

Old 26 Oct 2009, 09:54 (Ref:2569918)   #17
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
http://www.cheers.com.au/

(http://www.whatamidoing.com/)
Old 26 Oct 2009, 14:11 (Ref:2570106)   #18
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Mr. Moody, my appologies. Most of the posters in the bikes forum are not right in the head.
Old 26 Oct 2009, 20:15 (Ref:2570293)   #19
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhansen View Post
Mr. Moody, my appologies. Most of the posters in the bikes forum are not right in the head.
I take issue with that, David St H and I know exactly what we are on about, and should do considering the amount of time we spent locked inside Neil Kites boutique when Janine had the doors put on back to front.
Old 27 Oct 2009, 18:12 (Ref:2570896)   #20
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghinzani View Post
I take issue with that, David St H and I know exactly what we are on about, and should do considering the amount of time we spent locked inside Neil Kites boutique when Janine had the doors put on back to front.
That was a cosmic shambles. Janine spent three weeks ironing out my shakras after that episode.
Old 6 Nov 2009, 19:41 (Ref:2577243)   #21
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

Dennis Noyes in the box today was hilarious stuff, guests like him are always top quality. Shame Tom Jojics got a job next year too, his insight, like Spaldings, is spot on.
Old 6 Nov 2009, 20:45 (Ref:2577273)   #22
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i'm just watching the FP1 .. man so much laughing .. i've started my MotoGP "career" with Dennis and Martin . so many memories ..

PS ..
can I say screw you BBC ??

Ciao Marco
Old 7 Nov 2009, 14:30 (Ref:2577654)   #23
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Agreed Dani, sadly I cant get Eurosport and teh Beebs coverage is so poor I dont even watch GP anymore.

Just the highlights.
Old 7 Nov 2009, 15:04 (Ref:2577668)   #24
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dennis and Julian's stories from the past were making my tea bubble as I drank it yesterday. They all get on so well, which is something that - to me - is what biking is all about (excluding bikie wars, of course - "I shoot you in the eye, you hairy angel of hell!").

The Beeb is not so bad, but it just pales in comparison to Eurosport. I've heard a lot worse.
Old 7 Nov 2009, 19:49 (Ref:2577783)   #25
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

Chunder if you cant get Eurosport then I would recommend the red button for the BBCs 125 & 250 coverage, they use the Dorna World Feed team who are very good, unlike the Moto GP coverage with Charlie Cox Sucker.