Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 19 Nov 2015, 09:49 (Ref:3591435)   #726
YorkshireLad
Veteran

United Kingdom
skipton, north yorkshire
YorkshireLad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One of the photos of damage looks not far from the mulsanne parking area, it shouldn't be to hard to now see from a distance with out been in trouble.
Old 30 Nov 2015, 12:43 (Ref:3594463)   #727
YorkshireLad
Veteran

United Kingdom
skipton, north yorkshire
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448887324.649690.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	124.8 KB
ID:	46471 I got bored a few weeks ago, the chance of a new grandstand annoyed me so I drew what I wanted to see. Thought I'd share it.
Old 30 Nov 2015, 12:51 (Ref:3594465)   #728
claude2cv
Racer

claude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkshireLad View Post
Attachment 46471 I got bored a few weeks ago, the chance of a new grandstand annoyed me so I drew what I wanted to see. Thought I'd share it.

So is the plan to send the GTs around the by pass loop to get out of the way of the prototypes or is it a Joker section like they us in Rallycross?

Sean
Old 30 Nov 2015, 13:01 (Ref:3594466)   #729
YorkshireLad
Veteran

United Kingdom
skipton, north yorkshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by claude2cv View Post
So is the plan to send the GTs around the by pass loop to get out of the way of the prototypes or is it a Joker section like they us in Rallycross?

Sean

Haha! Could do, my idea was to try preserve as much of the corner as possible, just extend the banks we'll lose next year. Blank the road sections to the roundabout with Armco on race days, plus a tunnel to the other side for viewing down to Porsche curves.

If they do decide to go for the grandstand (looking up to Porsche curves) they'll be hardly no room for the normal riff-raff to view. Which is a shame as I used to sneak round the first layer of fence and the tree they've cut down to view all the way up.
Old 7 Dec 2015, 13:19 (Ref:3596130)   #730
PorscheFanNo1
Veteran

Sweden
Winner's Circle
PorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Am I the only one who really dislike the section after the Porsche curves? The fast right-left (called Corvette Corners?) that adds nothing to the track, its only a tight single-line spot where the GTE's are always holding up the Protos, as well as the Ford chicane that is well past its before date, same here single-line even in crawling speed coming up to take the green (or tricolour) flag? Wouldnt it be time to create something here that actually adds something to the track, as well making the pit entry safer?
Old 7 Dec 2015, 17:25 (Ref:3596164)   #731
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PorscheFanNo1 View Post
Am I the only one who really dislike the section after the Porsche curves? The fast right-left (called Corvette Corners?) that adds nothing to the track, its only a tight single-line spot where the GTE's are always holding up the Protos, as well as the Ford chicane that is well past its before date, same here single-line even in crawling speed coming up to take the green (or tricolour) flag? Wouldnt it be time to create something here that actually adds something to the track, as well making the pit entry safer?
I have no issues with the Ford Chicane. I personally think it is one of the best spots to view the race from.
Old 7 Dec 2015, 18:41 (Ref:3596178)   #732
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
That whole section might be a bit single-line and tight, but it's a great place to spectate from and see the cars on the limit, so I vote "keep it".

Particularly now that they moved the ferris wheel down there.
Old 7 Dec 2015, 21:13 (Ref:3596217)   #733
YorkshireLad
Veteran

United Kingdom
skipton, north yorkshire
La Sarthe/Bugatti Circuit track changes

This corner ?? Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449523260.204761.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	464.9 KB
ID:	46479

Last edited by YorkshireLad; 7 Dec 2015 at 21:21.
Old 7 Dec 2015, 22:39 (Ref:3596242)   #734
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
New fan viewing area at Indianapolis Corner on the way as part of new public road build -

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2015/1...n-the-way.html
Old 8 Dec 2015, 07:11 (Ref:3596337)   #735
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Goodwin View Post
New fan viewing area at Indianapolis Corner on the way as part of new public road build -

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2015/1...n-the-way.html
Finally some actually great news.
Old 8 Dec 2015, 07:24 (Ref:3596339)   #736
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That is awesome news.
Old 8 Dec 2015, 07:50 (Ref:3596342)   #737
PorscheFanNo1
Veteran

Sweden
Winner's Circle
PorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkshireLad View Post
This corner ?? Attachment 46479
Yes that one Am I mistaken in that it has been named Corvette Corner a couple years ago?
Old 8 Dec 2015, 08:08 (Ref:3596345)   #738
YorkshireLad
Veteran

United Kingdom
skipton, north yorkshire

How much of arnage are they stealing and compensating with an Indy area? The bank at the Indy end used to run further round the corner didn't it?? Is this what they're going to reinstate I wonder, the inside(outside of the Indy corner) is too dangerous for a public viewpoint.

Last edited by YorkshireLad; 8 Dec 2015 at 08:17.
Old 8 Dec 2015, 08:17 (Ref:3596346)   #739
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
In the eighties and nineties the viewing area at arnarge included a much bigger area for viewing at the corners before arnarge and you could see the cars as they approached the corners, i think that area was closed about 20 years ago
Old 8 Dec 2015, 09:51 (Ref:3596365)   #740
YorkshireLad
Veteran

United Kingdom
skipton, north yorkshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
In the eighties and nineties the viewing area at arnarge included a much bigger area for viewing at the corners before arnarge and you could see the cars as they approached the corners, i think that area was closed about 20 years ago

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449568073.085535.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	546.4 KB
ID:	46480 GT6 you are right. The fence in the middle of the spectator area was indeed closed off, I wonder if this will be reopened.

I also did a photo to show what i would like to see happen, highlighted in blue.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449568291.109664.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	530.3 KB
ID:	46481
Old 8 Dec 2015, 10:44 (Ref:3596379)   #741
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
What are you using to get those views? I've used Google Maps and I haven't seen that feature on there.
Old 8 Dec 2015, 11:08 (Ref:3596386)   #742
YorkshireLad
Veteran

United Kingdom
skipton, north yorkshire

It's maps on iPhone, 3D tab then drag two fingers down screen to get a lower angle. It's since I updated, whole circuits like that.
Old 8 Dec 2015, 14:02 (Ref:3596413)   #743
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PorscheFanNo1 View Post
Yes that one Am I mistaken in that it has been named Corvette Corner a couple years ago?
You are (sorry), CC is the left hander before that - it's where the Dildowing was put into the wall in '12 and where recently a huge gravel trap was installed.

Don't know the name of the fast right-left kink combo (if it has one in the first place?).
Old 8 Dec 2015, 14:14 (Ref:3596416)   #744
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Modern Corvette Corner is the most disgusting corner on the entire circuit.

The bit after that is 'OK', acceptable
Old 9 Dec 2015, 17:21 (Ref:3596652)   #745
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Construction has started on the 4 new garages.

http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/la-...ands-a-debute/
Old 9 Dec 2015, 17:57 (Ref:3596657)   #746
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Neat, good to have things finally progressing on single area of the circuit where it actually matters.

You know it's shots like that where you can't tell whether it's December or June without knowing the context

Though the reasoning for only having two in operation despite having all four constructed by race is still utterly mind baffling.

Anyway so you have 3 free slots now with Audi, Porsche and Nissan sadly giving up 3rd cars, plus these new garages. So that's five. But the 4 Fords and recurring G56/8 immediately fill it up. So all the new teams will have to fight it up with "existing" ones. No way the reserve list is gonna contain anything less than ten.
Old 9 Dec 2015, 18:03 (Ref:3596659)   #747
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
But the 4 Fords
The 4 Fords might be partially compensated if the persistent rumour of no GTE-Pro Porsches turns out to be true.
Old 9 Dec 2015, 18:10 (Ref:3596662)   #748
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
The 4 Fords might be partially compensated if the persistent rumour of no GTE-Pro Porsches turns out to be true.
I thought the prospect of "replacement" Felbermayr Porsche(s) was semi realistic
Old 9 Dec 2015, 20:01 (Ref:3596674)   #749
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Construction has started on the 4 new garages.

http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/la-...ands-a-debute/
I wonder where the parc ferme will be now they are building on its location.
Old 9 Dec 2015, 21:34 (Ref:3596700)   #750
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
DSC says "behind the main Race Control building", that would be the open space at the southern end of the paddock I guess.