Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 20 May 2000, 04:58 (Ref:12140)   #26
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Neil, I should have said North Americans. Canadians are almost (not quite) as bad as Americans when it comes to car obsession.

Heeltoe6, I don't know how you can possibly argue that the globe is not getting hotter, thanks to increasing CO2 levels in the upper atmosphere. All you have to do is look at temperatures of the past 50 years. There is a clear, steady rise. But I am curious, what eveidence do you have that the earth, is not getting hotter? To be honest, you are the first person I have ever heard, who didn't own a CO2 spewing industry (maybe you do) that tried to argue it.
Old 20 May 2000, 15:57 (Ref:12141)   #27
Heeltoe6
Veteran

Heeltoe6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jay: Well, actually, according the NASA's own satellites, during a 10 yr period during the 80s, found only a negligible change (a decrease, in fact) in temperature.

But my real point is that how do we know that global warming is not a natural process. As we've only been recoridng temperautes for 100 years, a minuscule fraction given the Earth's history, we can't scientfically proclaim that global warming in caused by man. If anyhting, it's the "the sky is falling" attitude a lot of people take to the issue, when really it's quite unproven, that I am against. These scientists are relying on unrpoven computer models to predict the future, when they themselves admit reliable models which can predict future temp/CO2 levels will not be around for at least a few years.
Check out http://www.sovereignty.net/p/clim/cctutorial.htm

Also, read a peition/arguement against the conclusion of global warming that 17,000 scientist signed onto, at http://www.oism.org/pproject/s33p36.htm
but be warned it is very lengthy

Oh, btw, don't own any CO2 emiting factoires

[This message has been edited by Heeltoe6 (edited 20 May 2000).]
Old 20 May 2000, 16:46 (Ref:12142)   #28
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Never let it be said that I don't check people's sources.

Heeltoe, I would have looked at the page you cited, but AOL didn't like something about it, and on both occasions, gave me an almighty system crash.

Pity. I would have liked to see the presentation. I'm sceptical, but I am always interested to see the evidence on both sides.

For me, like on GM crops, the greenhouse gases jury is still out.
Old 20 May 2000, 18:46 (Ref:12143)   #29
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
How many of these scientists who have signed on rely on government money to support their research. Look at what other reasons they have to sign on and you might find they are looking to be out of work soon if they cannot find another crusade to jump onto. I cannot say for sure if there is anything to global warming or not, but I know that many of those in "research projects" routinely spend billions of tax payer dollars and regularly produce no results that a layman could with nothing more than common sense.
Old 22 May 2000, 23:05 (Ref:12144)   #30
Green_man4421
Racer

Canada
Quebec, Canada
Green_man4421 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Go to some smog filled hell whole called a city breath and coff check your blood for all the Sh!t that is in the air that you breathed, Global warming or no global warming the fumes are stil messin the place up

Some of those people that say global warming is fake are just trying to defend their own way of living because that is what they care about most nothing but themselves.
Old 23 May 2000, 16:48 (Ref:12145)   #31
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Certainly they are. I have been to Los Angeles twice and their smog levels are atrocious. You can smell it when you get off the plane. Does that mean we need to suddenly change our lives completely when the reason behind it is the wind never blows in LA? People there regularly commute forty or fifty miles across LA to work and back everyday, *****ing constantly about traffic and smog while they wait alone in the car. Because they will not use the ridiculously poor bus system or at least car pool I am required to alter my life? I think not. I am all for cleaner burning cars, alternate power plants, and cleaning up big business. But these things are relied upon by everyone everyday and cannot be made to go away as if by magic.
Old 23 May 2000, 21:32 (Ref:12146)   #32
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I should point out that the noticable affects of global warming have (arguably) only begun to occur in the last few years.

We have only started mass producing large amounts of CO2 from cars and factories during the last 150 years. The effects of this and more CO2 will take longer before you will step outside and say "oh, it is much hotter now than it was 30 years ago".

here as a sight from the govt of Canada that has some info on global warming: http://climatechange.nrcan.gc.ca/eng...tml/index.html
Old 25 May 2000, 10:05 (Ref:12147)   #33
Green_man4421
Racer

Canada
Quebec, Canada
Green_man4421 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
KC if it means the long term survival of millions of species yes I think it is worth giving up.

Should we just live on even if we are causing great amounts of distruction? No we should try to stop it.

I can see your point but their are many out their that could alter their transport arangments to make the air we all breath much cleaner,

Before we all choke