Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 26 Mar 2005, 13:11 (Ref:1262284)   #501
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
the british isles/ireland/ze vorrrld
flexible-flyer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well david sears recently said that super nova could end up with the strongest driver lineup. carroll and pantano are the two best drivers available for the seats and should they team up, as far as i can see, thats the strongest driver lineup!
Old 26 Mar 2005, 14:40 (Ref:1262327)   #502
medler
Racer

medler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by flexible-flyer
well david sears recently said that super nova could end up with the strongest driver lineup. carroll and pantano are the two best drivers available for the seats and should they team up, as far as i can see, thats the strongest driver lineup!
Well he's hardly going to say his driver line will consist of 2 no hopers with loads of cash, is he!
Old 26 Mar 2005, 15:46 (Ref:1262360)   #503
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by medler
Well he's hardly going to say his driver line will consist of 2 no hopers with loads of cash, is he!

fair enough!
Old 26 Mar 2005, 18:47 (Ref:1262448)   #504
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes but at the same time, IMO Carroll and Pantano would make a very strong line up. Pantano, whilst nothing spectacular is a decent enough driver and more than capable of doing a good job IMO. Carroll too has shown what he can do, at least at British F3 level, give him a couple of seasons and who knows.
Old 26 Mar 2005, 20:42 (Ref:1262525)   #505
Gabrio
Veteran

Gabrio should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGabrio should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back
So did I - but Gabrio is almost never wrong.
Thanks KB...But I get it wrong too sometimes... It all depends on whether the info I'm given is true or not.... The guys who wanted to sign Carroll told me he was going to SuperNova with Pantano...So let's see.

Last edited by Gabrio; 26 Mar 2005 at 20:45.
Old 26 Mar 2005, 23:20 (Ref:1262602)   #506
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
italiaracing.net has this article -

Giorgio Pantano è sempre più vicino a concludere la trattativa con la Super Nova per correre nella Formula GP2. Il pilota padovano, ex Jordan F.1, ha dichiarato a italiaracing.net: "Il test a Le Castellet è andato molto bene, ho potuto dimostrare di potere stare davanti. La trattativa con David Sears procede e direi che ci sono buone possibilitÃ* che tutto vada in porto. Ma finché ogni cosa non è perfettamente definita non voglio sbilanciarmi". E fa bene Pantano a non illudersi. Proprio la Super Nova, alla vigilia della stagione 2002, gli preferì Tiago Monteiro. Ora Giorgio, che non è appoggiato da sponsor ma esclusivamente dal proprio talento, deve combattere contro Adam Carroll e Bruce Jouanny, mentre fuori gioco sembra ormai Hayanari Shimoda. Carroll era pronto a firmare con la Victory per la World Series, ma il manager del pilota inglese ieri ha comunicato alla squadra italiana che non era più interessato a tale progetto, liberando così l'ingaggio di Tomas Kostka da parte della formazione di De Bono. Segno evidente che qualcosa si è mosso per permettere a Carroll di sistemarsi in GP2 alla Super Nova con l'appoggio della Bar, che trasformerebbe la struttura di Sears in uno Junior Team. La domanda finale è: Sears punterÃ* su Pantano o sul pur bravo Jouanny, che gode dell'aiuto di alcuni sponsor? Il veneto è stato chiamato ad affrontare i test di Le Castellet della seconda settimana di aprile. E' ovvio che Pantano vi parteciperÃ* se avrÃ* giÃ* messo nero su bianco, non dovendo dimostrare nulla di più.

- which seems to suggest that carroll and his manager turned down a drive in the world series for the super nova seat and that super nova will become a junior team of BAR???? i dont know. i tried a google translation that apart from translating italian into double dutch gave me the impression carroll is confirmed and pantano is fighting it out with bruce jouanny but surely if anyone has a done deal it would be pantano?

Last edited by flexible-flyer; 26 Mar 2005 at 23:21.