Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 7 Jul 2009, 13:35 (Ref:2497278)   #1
Martin Haven
Veteran

England
Royal Leamington Spa
Martin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMartin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMartin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
GP2 LIVE on British Eurosport

Just to let you know that this weekend's GP2 races will both be live on British Eurosport 2...

The rest of the season will also be shown and talks are underway for future seasons as well...
Old 7 Jul 2009, 13:37 (Ref:2497281)   #2
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
excellent news, thank you martin
Old 7 Jul 2009, 14:24 (Ref:2497306)   #3
ford prefect
Racer

United Kingdom
Wellingborough
ford prefect should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fantastic news, now all Eurosport needs to do is sack the idiot that commentated on the last Superleague Formula race (Mike Lawrence?), get another channel for all their motorsport commitments and clone Martin Haven.

Shouldn't be a problem, should it?
Old 7 Jul 2009, 14:30 (Ref:2497309)   #4
lauren1995
Rookie

lauren1995 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
thanks for posting this martin!!!

please tell me that gareth rees will be commentating?!?!? his expert knowledge has really been missed this year. eurosport should use him for the renault 3.5s and superleague racing also.

and i hope mike lawrence will be allowed nowhere near gp2. he just sits there reading off wikipedia and other websites word for word and never even looks at the screen. even carlton kirby is like a million times better. i usually think commentary is quite a hard job but anyone could do what he does. well perhaps not quite... i don't reckon eurosport could find anyone else as miserable as him. unless andy murray is available. lol
Old 7 Jul 2009, 14:36 (Ref:2497313)   #5
lauren1995
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford prefect View Post
and clone Martin Haven.
the guy who did the superleague on their website was actually as good as martin (i had to stop watching eurosport because of mike lawrence). i think his name was ben something. maybe they could use him?? there was some french dude on there as well. he was quite good.
Old 7 Jul 2009, 14:38 (Ref:2497314)   #6
Kidzer
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Kidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good news, this is.

Old 7 Jul 2009, 15:32 (Ref:2497340)   #7
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren1995 View Post
the guy who did the superleague on their website was actually as good as martin (i had to stop watching eurosport because of mike lawrence). i think his name was ben something. maybe they could use him?? there was some french dude on there as well. he was quite good.
That was Ben Edwards with Bruce Jouany. I'm sure you would'nt have to look very far to see how popular Ben Edwards is, he's da man!

Thats taking nothing away from Mr. Haven of course, that guy should be on the New Years Honours list for services to Motorsport!
Old 7 Jul 2009, 15:48 (Ref:2497346)   #8
neil_davidson2
TT Photo Of The Year Winner - 2009 & 2010
Veteran

England
Swindon, UK
neil_davidson2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridneil_davidson2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great news - thanks for sharing Martin.

I don't suppose there's any chance of picking up (and rebroadcasting) the races that have already been broadcast on the defunct channel is there?

Or is that just being greedy?
Old 7 Jul 2009, 16:38 (Ref:2497372)   #9
LucaBadoer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Harrogate, N Yorks.
LucaBadoer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fantastic news, Mr Haven! Hope Eurosport have booked your services for the weekend.

Has been odd for me this season so far.... making do with a few youtube clips for my GP2 coverage... (!) What would we do without Eurosport?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford prefect View Post
....sack the idiot that commentated on the last Superleague Formula race (Mike Lawrence?)
That wasn't Mike Lawrence - the guy you're thinking of is David Richardson.

Mike's a pretty solid commentator. Haven't heard him for a while, but he was calling some live SEAT EuroCup racing on Eurosport2 last season. (Not to be confused with the other Mike Lawrence!)
Old 7 Jul 2009, 17:22 (Ref:2497398)   #10
the sniper
Veteran

European Union
Birmingham
the sniper has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
the guy who did the superleague on their website was actually as good as martin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peat View Post
That was Ben Edwards with Bruce Jouany. I'm sure you would'nt have to look very far to see how popular Ben Edwards is, he's da man!
Indeed it was Ben. The man is a God in my eyes!

The is great news Martin, I hope you and Gareth will be commentating. Is there any chance of qualifying being shown live or delayed on the Friday evening/Saturday morning? Short highlights of FP and quali before the 1st race would be nice if nothing else can be done.

Btw, according to the Eurosport website, the deal is for 2009, 2010 and 2011: http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/070720...cures-gp2.html
Old 7 Jul 2009, 18:44 (Ref:2497431)   #11
lauren1995
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucaBadoer View Post
That wasn't Mike Lawrence - the guy you're thinking of is David Richardson.
it was mike lawrence. he introduced himself during the commentary.

they were having a go at mike lawrence on midweek motorsport last week as his superleague commentary was so bad. nick damon said lawrence is the world's worst commentator & that the whole thing was the worst broadcast of a mostsport event that he had ever seen!!
Old 7 Jul 2009, 19:02 (Ref:2497440)   #12
Martin Haven
Veteran

England
Royal Leamington Spa
Martin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMartin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMartin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sniper View Post
according to the Eurosport website, the deal is for 2009, 2010 and 2011: http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/070720...cures-gp2.html
When I posted the thread, I wasn't sure that had been confirmed... a lot has been firmed up since lunchtime !!

As regards Qual... let's walk first... I know British Eurosport would always like to do as much as they can with the rights they buy (viz Bobsleigh and Skeleton last winter...) so maybe there's a chance... I will make the suggestion...

It may be that showing qual (even as highlights) might cost extra wonga and, as you can all probably appreciate, that is in just as short supply at British Eurosport HQ as everywhere else... but it doesn't hurt to ask...
Old 7 Jul 2009, 20:41 (Ref:2497494)   #13
the sniper
Veteran

European Union
Birmingham
the sniper has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Haven View Post
As regards Qual... let's walk first... I know British Eurosport would always like to do as much as they can with the rights they buy (viz Bobsleigh and Skeleton last winter...) so maybe there's a chance... I will make the suggestion...

It may be that showing qual (even as highlights) might cost extra wonga and, as you can all probably appreciate, that is in just as short supply at British Eurosport HQ as everywhere else... but it doesn't hurt to ask...
Thanks Martin, I'd really appreciate you asking. As I understand it, the BBC had the rights for all of the GP2 sessions, including practice and qualifying, hopefully Eurosport have a similar deal. FOM are notoriously tight though so I won't hold my breath, we'll be lucky if they don't cut the feed off before the end of the race...

I'm not surprised there's not much money spare in British Eurosport having acquired quite a few deals following Setanta's collapse, that's why I'll save my Formula BMW Europe recommendation till next year.
Old 7 Jul 2009, 21:25 (Ref:2497512)   #14
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
promise us 'That Count' Kirby is not allowed anywhere near this... Please!
Old 7 Jul 2009, 22:38 (Ref:2497530)   #15
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Fantastic news, thanks Martin!

This season has been hard work so far, trying to find live web streams, grabbing races by bittorrent and catching ridiculously short highlights on "Mobil 1: The Grid"... great to have it back where it belongs!

And yeah, keep Carlton "nightmare!" Kirby away from it please.
Old 7 Jul 2009, 22:50 (Ref:2497537)   #16
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Great stuff, antoher two races to pack into my busy weekends - good job I should have Sky+ by Saturday. I can't wait, just need to catch up on who's making waves this year.
Old 8 Jul 2009, 21:05 (Ref:2497961)   #17
lauren1995
Rookie

Gareth Rees is back!!

GET IN!!!!

Old 8 Jul 2009, 21:25 (Ref:2497972)   #18
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Will he be the same? He got Kirbied in the DTM...
Old 8 Jul 2009, 22:37 (Ref:2498027)   #19
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghinzani View Post
Will he be the same? He got Kirbied in the DTM...
He'll be fine. He's with Martin, so it'll be the old team re-united. That's what the tweet said.
Old 9 Jul 2009, 19:58 (Ref:2498589)   #20
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Found out on a ticker during the WSR highlights a little earlier.

Sense prevails... YEEAHHHH
Old 10 Jul 2009, 20:21 (Ref:2499158)   #21
Gareth Rees
Rookie

Gareth Rees should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I'm blushing
Old 11 Jul 2009, 06:33 (Ref:2499298)   #22
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks good-1h 15m live slot on British Eurosport2-3pm this afternoon