Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 31 Mar 2014, 22:52 (Ref:3387231)   #76
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
There are no factory corvettes in GT3. Surely you are thinking of the GTE class cars raced in the US by Corvette Racing.

Hoping for BMW Z4 to actually appear next year. Pipe dream but I wish it was Marc VDS those guys are on top of their game
VDS Gallery:

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=v...w=1440&bih=785
Old 1 Apr 2014, 07:09 (Ref:3387291)   #77
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
2015 Liqui Moly Bathurst 12 Hour: 6-8 February

Id love to see the Bentley down here but as said before it'd be bloody expensive so whoever did so would have to long arms into big pockets
Old 2 Apr 2014, 01:07 (Ref:3387647)   #78
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
ff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
How much is it to buy a Bentley gt3?

Current range is 200Euro for Camaro to 420 Euro for Ferrari I think.. Lambo around 320.
Old 2 Apr 2014, 07:03 (Ref:3387707)   #79
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ff s conscience View Post
How much is it to buy a Bentley gt3?

Current range is 200Euro for Camaro to 420 Euro for Ferrari I think.. Lambo around 320.
a brand new Bentley Continental GT V8 road car is about $450K
this is about $70k to $100k cheaper than AMG SLS

Will let you work out the GT3 option price increase
Old 2 Apr 2014, 08:30 (Ref:3387736)   #80
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
I'm guessing that Bentley will be closer to price of Ferrari.

Surprised no one has mentioned Lowndes racing with AF Corse in this years Spa 24
Old 2 Apr 2014, 08:38 (Ref:3387741)   #81
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
ff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
a brand new Bentley Continental GT V8 road car is about $450K
this is about $70k to $100k cheaper than AMG SLS

Will let you work out the GT3 option price increase
Can you not post irrelevant stuff, thanks.
Old 2 Apr 2014, 08:43 (Ref:3387744)   #82
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
I'm guessing that Bentley will be closer to price of Ferrari.

Surprised no one has mentioned Lowndes racing with AF Corse in this years Spa 24
If it's the same as Ferrari price, it's not expensive in true sense of the word, it's the same. It needs to be mire expensive than the Ferrari to attract the right buyers!

Lowndes deal.... Meh... Just a customer car with gent. Nice all the same, but not what he set out wanting.
Old 2 Apr 2014, 09:10 (Ref:3387759)   #83
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
If it's the same as Ferrari price, it's not expensive in true sense of the word, it's the same. It needs to be mire expensive than the Ferrari to attract the right buyers!
Will Bentley actually sell you one without bringing the works team out here to run it every meeting? That was originally what McLaren seemed to intend doing, but it didnt seem to end up that way...

There were stories around that MM had investigated the possibility..
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 2 Apr 2014, 09:53 (Ref:3387780)   #84
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Will Bentley actually sell you one without bringing the works team out here to run it every meeting? That was originally what McLaren seemed to intend doing, but it didnt seem to end up that way...

Stories? Where?

Dunno re works only, but it would be a mistake if they tried it.

In other news, the Vicious Rumour 458 clears the paint shop tomorrow for reassembly and we hope it can be together in time to make an appearance at Ferrari Racing days in Sydney next weekend... This is on top of the VRR doorslammer running at Calder this weekend, so we're busy!
Old 2 Apr 2014, 21:01 (Ref:3388027)   #85
EfiOz
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
EfiOz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Bentley is the most expensive GT3 out there by a long shot. Another 70K euro on a 458 plus a lot of unknowns.

It took a lot of work (and carbon fibre!) to turn that land whale into a GT3 contender.
Old 20 Apr 2014, 03:57 (Ref:3395325)   #86
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

Top job Mr Hodge... will the GT hot shots get their record back in 2015?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 20 Apr 2014, 05:08 (Ref:3395334)   #87
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post

Given that there's already a customer car running in British GT, fielded by a relatively inexperienced team, as well as an M-Sport-entered car, I'd say it is clear they'll sell you one to run yourself. Dyson Racing will also be fielding two cars in PWC in North America, starting mid-year.
Old 20 Apr 2014, 15:03 (Ref:3395720)   #88
Langers
Veteran

Langers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Stories? Where?

Dunno re works only, but it would be a mistake if they tried it.

In other news, the Vicious Rumour 458 clears the paint shop tomorrow for reassembly and we hope it can be together in time to make an appearance at Ferrari Racing days in Sydney next weekend... This is on top of the VRR doorslammer running at Calder this weekend, so we're busy!
Is it easy enough to get parts for a 458 GT3 (say 4 days from crash time and ordering to parts landing in AU from IT), or several month lead time?
Old 20 Apr 2014, 22:23 (Ref:3395990)   #89
EfiOz
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
EfiOz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Three to four days from Micchelotto after ordering. The only delays I ever say were major bits (like engines!) that can take a while due to the waiting list for road cars. Anything that was more mundae or GT3 specific was delivered straight away.
Old 22 Apr 2014, 04:08 (Ref:3396492)   #90
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Had some correspondence with Mok Weng Sun over the last couple of days and no surprise that they are definite starters for next year and in the Ferrari. Wonder whether the McLaren was tossed up ? Full driver line up not confirmed at this stage which may be a surprise to some as these guys have been pretty much locked in as soon as the race is over. Would think that Griffin and Baird in particular would be on quite a few teams wanted list.
Old 22 Apr 2014, 06:59 (Ref:3396523)   #91
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Awesome!!

Such a shame what happened to them this year. Can't wait to see that dragon liveried Ferrari back
Old 29 Apr 2014, 11:29 (Ref:3399620)   #92
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langers View Post
Is it easy enough to get parts for a 458 GT3 (say 4 days from crash time and ordering to parts landing in AU from IT), or several month lead time?
Anything that bolts in or on is pretty straight forward.

If it welds in or on, it's a lot harder to get and fit, and even harder to fit correctly in the right spot, in a strong and correct manner.

VRR car will test Monday 5th.

The repairs have only consumed around 100 hours, but the team has no full time staff, so we all just do bits as we can.
Old 29 Apr 2014, 12:37 (Ref:3399650)   #93
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Invite this guy to the B12hr.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/motorsp...-1226898193952
Old 30 Apr 2014, 06:55 (Ref:3399913)   #94
Notso Swift
Veteran

United Nations
37deg 46'52.36" S 144deg 59' 01.83"E
Notso Swift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
^ Like
Old 12 May 2014, 23:37 (Ref:3405661)   #95
champcarman
Veteran

champcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchampcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Interesting to see 888 Race Engineering UK are competing at Brands Hatch this weekend in the Blancpain Endurance round and are mentioning a possible B12 appearance in the future.

Could this involve 888s Australian V8 drivers?
Old 12 May 2014, 23:48 (Ref:3405663)   #96
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Separate companies now, but you never know.
Old 24 May 2014, 02:09 (Ref:3409632)   #97
jd yort
Veteran

Australia
On An Island
jd yort should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sports Sedans are now on 2015 Bathurst Easter Festival Meeting Programme. I am wondering if that opening is caused by a category switching from that event to now be on the 12hr programme. Anyone know the 411?

(It would be great to get Production Sports running up there on that weekend).
Old 25 May 2014, 05:55 (Ref:3410130)   #98
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
AA reporting that the British affiliate of Triple Eight Race Engineering are keen on entering a pair of BMW Z4's and Andy Priaulx as a possibility to fill one of the spots. Will believe it when they're on the grid !!
A step closer ?

Top touring car squad Triple Eight Engineering will make its international sportscar debut in this month's Silverstone round of the Blancpain Endurance Series.
The multiple British Touring Car Championship-winning team will field one of the BMW Z4 GT3s it is running in the British GT Championship in the second round of the BES on May 25 as part of a fact-finding mission for a possible international programme in the future.
Triple Eight team boss Ian Harrison, whose team is in its second season in British GTs in 2014, told AUTOSPORT: "We're going to have a look at the BES and see how it goes - it's a case of suck it and see for us.
"We are making progress as a team in British GTs and we do have international aspirations in sportscars, but at this stage we not ruling anything in or anything out.
"We're definitely looking at the Abu Dhabi race [the Gulf 12 Hours] in December and the Bathurst 12 Hours next year; the beauty of the GT3 category is that you can use the cars all-year round."
Old 28 May 2014, 02:48 (Ref:3411581)   #99
TCR
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
TCR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd yort View Post
Sports Sedans are now on 2015 Bathurst Easter Festival Meeting Programme. I am wondering if that opening is caused by a category switching from that event to now be on the 12hr programme. Anyone know the 411?

(It would be great to get Production Sports running up there on that weekend).
I agree, but can't see it happening as Prodsports are running 2 x 1Hr races at the Bathurst Motor Festival next year.
Old 28 May 2014, 06:26 (Ref:3411628)   #100
jd yort
Veteran

Australia
On An Island
jd yort should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCR View Post
I agree, but can't see it happening as Prodsports are running 2 x 1Hr races at the Bathurst Motor Festival next year.
Yeah I just heard that on Sunday unfortunately. A bit of a shame as they are a perfect fit so hopefully it happens in 2016. Still wondering who has left the Apr Easter meet programme.