Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 14 Oct 2004, 13:40 (Ref:1124281)   #1
mgmog
Rookie

mgmog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mallory Park Top Hat Racing

Hi there all, long time no post, where did summer go? Last weekend was the Top Hat event at Mallory Park, good fun, though all the races semmed to be starting later and later than they should, I wasnt able to hang round till the end, so did the final races get going before dark?.

Some photos are at

http://gallery106656.fotopic.net/c312811.html

they do not do justice to the hard work some drivers had keeping the cars pointing the right way on the hairpin, especially in the XK140.
Thanks to all who competed and marshalled, great fun.
Old 14 Oct 2004, 14:03 (Ref:1124300)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Er,

Can you check your thumbnails please? I think you'll find they are dead links.
Old 14 Oct 2004, 16:09 (Ref:1124406)   #3
mgmog
Rookie

mgmog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi there Peter,

Sorry, I have no problem opening them! anybody else?

Ta
Old 14 Oct 2004, 17:47 (Ref:1124506)   #4
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
They work fine for me.

Especially like the one of the CUT7 E-Type and the UFO BMW.
Old 15 Oct 2004, 05:30 (Ref:1124929)   #5
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Must be my work set up. I'll try again from home tonight.
Old 15 Oct 2004, 06:59 (Ref:1124957)   #6
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
great photos, wish I had entered it now!
Old 15 Oct 2004, 08:06 (Ref:1124989)   #7
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Have to say it was good fun.
Old 15 Oct 2004, 11:49 (Ref:1125150)   #8
Alan Crook
Veteran

Alan Crook should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Mallory Park Top Hat Racing

Quote:
Originally posted by mgmog
Hi there all, long time no post, where did summer go? Last weekend was the Top Hat event at Mallory Park, good fun, though all the races semmed to be starting later and later than they should, I wasnt able to hang round till the end, so did the final races get going before dark?.

All races were run most to shortened time.

At Mallory there is a strict 6pm curfew to be met.

Good racing & nice cars.
Old 15 Oct 2004, 13:02 (Ref:1125219)   #9
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I see you did well in your race, why was it red flagged? was it timed out as well?
Old 15 Oct 2004, 13:14 (Ref:1125227)   #10
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
IIRC the only red flag was in the GTA Challenge race. It ran for 10 laps, stopped and restarted for five.

I got two chances to make my normal poor start and for some reason made two blinding efforts!