Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 12 Jun 2013, 10:04 (Ref:3261363)   #26
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
He has no proven foundation for the statement and actually admits that. Don't play psychological games here, no foundation is the subject. Why tell hypothetical stories, it seems something that the man gets off on.
what if there is an element of truth though. thats the foundation. then the rest is using that foundation to make a hypotherical question
Old 12 Jun 2013, 12:53 (Ref:3261505)   #27
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Everything is speculation until Auto Fiction confirms it.
Old 12 Jun 2013, 13:13 (Ref:3261520)   #28
Langers
Veteran

Langers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
If the engine program is as expensive as has been mentioned in the powder room, its a wonder the Erebutians still have money for tea and bikkies.

A hypothetical... for fun..

Imagine if someone were to pay somewhere near $270k a pop for an engine which may or may not have a mandated 'life' of only 300km? And perhaps may come with an airfreight requirement from and to for servicing? Servicing which is a goodly proportion of that alleged sale price.. (40%+)

And before someone says something... apparently there may or may not be an enduro version of the hypothetical powerplants, with a reported 1,200km service life rocking up before Sandown... allegedly...

Presuming any of this actually happened of course
This doesn't really make much sense. Revs are generally what kill engines, and the unit in the Erebus cars is like the others only revving to a lazy 7500 rpm. Even the road car version can handle 8000rpm without race-spec cooling.

Unless the engines are being run very lean for fuel economy, or timing is very far advanced, a 300km life doesn't make much sense.
Old 12 Jun 2013, 21:04 (Ref:3261784)   #29
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Trevor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Old 12 Jun 2013, 22:14 (Ref:3261815)   #30
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malfunction Junction View Post
The relationship with AMG may well prove to be the crux of that long term prospects for the project. The apparent mothballing and potential disposal of Gt assets may provide opportunities, but as Mr Hackett has found, may not.
Mothballing? You mean Erebus didn't run at the last GT round at Phillip Island?

IF, GTRs post has merit you can now see why AMG saw interest in the Erebus engine deal against MBA advice.
Old 12 Jun 2013, 23:56 (Ref:3261852)   #31
Sequel
Racer

Sequel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
And perhaps may come with an airfreight requirement from and to for servicing? Servicing which is a goodly proportion of that alleged sale price.. (40%+)
Airfreighting engines is no big deal and and from what I understand nowhere near your alleged price. All of he front running F3 engines in Australia are airfreighted back and forth to the same engine builder that Erubus use, and assuming the V8 is twice as heavy as the 4cyl, and the cost is twice as much to fly, then you are looking at more like $20k return for freight.

Perhaps they pay $270k for an engine initially, and then $50k for a rebuild (including 40% freight component).
Old 13 Jun 2013, 00:00 (Ref:3261855)   #32
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
They've probably got a short rebuild target initially, to detirmine the service life of the components.

I'd say that'd drawn out a bit as time goes on, with a view to increasing the servicing capabilities of the team locally.
Old 13 Jun 2013, 00:54 (Ref:3261868)   #33
Malfunction Junction
Racer

Malfunction Junction should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMalfunction Junction should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
Mothballing? You mean Erebus didn't run at the last GT round at Phillip Island.

Quite. There were references to the team winding back in an earlier thread (GT?). The "apparent", which perhaps should have been "alleged" was used due to their appearance at that very race meeting, leaving me confused, relieved and impressed at young Mr Le Broq's performance.

Still, I get confused more often nowadays so if its my bad, apologies.

Nonetheless, Mrs K has plenty to spend, though wouldn't $ 270,000 per car be a more sensible figure? Also, didnt the AMG techs that appeared at Symmons pLains bring with them a new spec engine with the single throttle body and longer service life? Or am I confused again? It certainly didnt produce dramatically improved performance.......
Old 13 Jun 2013, 02:28 (Ref:3261889)   #34
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Trevor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Old 14 Jun 2013, 03:06 (Ref:3262415)   #35
Denosaur
Veteran

Albania
Australia
Denosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDenosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
So you know a lot of people who have inherited a billion dollars do you?
I get around in a number of circles.....
Old 14 Jun 2013, 03:12 (Ref:3262419)   #36
Denosaur
Veteran

Albania
Australia
Denosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDenosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Presuming any of this actually happened of course
You got to stop spinning stuff like this GTR, as one day, someone will get you on it......
Old 14 Jun 2013, 03:22 (Ref:3262421)   #37
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To be fair to GTR, to date he's been pretty "pro" Erebus and because of that I'd tend to think he's not muck raking.

The difference between F3 teams sending their engines to Germany and erebus sending their engines to Germany come down to a couple of important points... Firstly there's not a whole lot of devleopment cost on an F3 engine rebuild and probably most importantly, Mercedes want to be involved in F3, they're being paid to be involved in V8 Supercars.
Old 14 Jun 2013, 12:44 (Ref:3262633)   #38
Langers
Veteran

Langers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappelli View Post
To be fair to GTR, to date he's been pretty "pro" Erebus and because of that I'd tend to think he's not muck raking.

The difference between F3 teams sending their engines to Germany and erebus sending their engines to Germany come down to a couple of important points... Firstly there's not a whole lot of devleopment cost on an F3 engine rebuild and probably most importantly, Mercedes want to be involved in F3, they're being paid to be involved in V8 Supercars.
I thought HWA were scaling back the F3 program and that's what created capacity for the Erebus V8 engine program?
Old 14 Jun 2013, 21:03 (Ref:3262812)   #39
Micklegend
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
Micklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMicklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looking at some of the responses here it's a worry that some are willing to judge a person on how they came about their wealth instead of celebrating the fact that they are investing in the sport we all enjoy.
Old 15 Jun 2013, 07:50 (Ref:3262930)   #40
Gaz170
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast, QLD
Gaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micklegend View Post
Looking at some of the responses here it's a worry that some are willing to judge a person on how they came about their wealth instead of celebrating the fact that they are investing in the sport we all enjoy.
I suppose some people are just wary that too many people with "money" have entered the sport and ended up burning a lot of people. Mind you, I don't see Betty doing this, but for some people it's once bitten twice shy.
Old 15 Jun 2013, 19:12 (Ref:3263112)   #41
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langers View Post
I thought HWA were scaling back the F3 program and that's what created capacity for the Erebus V8 engine program?
That may well be the case, but they're (HWA) still supplying the vast majority of the Euro F3 series and plenty of other teams around the world...a quick check of their website shows a nice speil about their F3 (and GT3) activity while a search of the website for an Erebus or V8 Supercar reference comes back with no results... there's a difference between the having the ability to do something and wanting to do it (just ask a plumber how much he charges fora 1am emergency call out).
Old 16 Jun 2013, 22:54 (Ref:3263536)   #42
Denosaur
Veteran

Albania
Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz170 View Post
I suppose some people are just wary that too many people with "money" have entered the sport and ended up burning a lot of people. Mind you, I don't see Betty doing this, but for some people it's once bitten twice shy.
You said it!!! I suppose Betty isn't flogging any superannuation and credit cards, but she's supporting a few other categories, which is all too similar to someone else.

I'll give her credit that there hasn't been any stories circulating that she been throwing her weight around or has sacked personnel on the spot if they've stuffed up.
Old 16 Jun 2013, 22:57 (Ref:3263538)   #43
Umai Naa
Veteran

Go off her Facebook page, she seems very encouraging towards the crew. Especially of Mr Engel, when they embraced after his fine effort yesterday afternoon on the telecast.
Old 17 Jun 2013, 05:11 (Ref:3263616)   #44
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Go off her Facebook page, she seems very encouraging towards the crew. Especially of Mr Engel, when they embraced after his fine effort yesterday afternoon on the telecast.
would you have wanted a hug from Craig Gore?
Old 17 Jun 2013, 07:09 (Ref:3263660)   #45
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
would you have wanted a hug from Craig Gore?
He used to hand them out to his team on occassion, when they did well...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 17 Jun 2013, 22:33 (Ref:3264043)   #46
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
According to This Article, Erebus is now servicing their AMG engines in house in Yatala.. saves a few plane rides you might think...
Old 17 Jun 2013, 23:20 (Ref:3264054)   #47
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
He used to hand them out to his team on occassion, when they did well...
doesn't mean you wanted to receive it
Old 18 Jun 2013, 00:05 (Ref:3264074)   #48
Umai Naa
Veteran

Quote:
According to This Article, Erebus is now servicing their AMG engines in house in Yatala.. saves a few plane rides you might think...
It was only a matter of time, really.
Old 18 Jun 2013, 00:07 (Ref:3264075)   #49
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
It was only a matter of time, really.
From the look of the cars at the weekend, a new induction system & airbox, plus exhaust set up on the 3 AMGs all appeared to be locally crafted..
Old 18 Jun 2013, 00:17 (Ref:3264080)   #50
Umai Naa
Veteran

Quote:
From the look of the cars at the weekend, a new induction system & airbox, plus exhaust set up on the 3 AMGs all appeared to be locally crafted..
Ties with HWA severed, you think?