Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 5 Nov 2019, 00:33 (Ref:3938651)   #26
Forda
Veteran

Forda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
It probably deserves its own thread. Ford flogs complain about Roland's money while Roger buys the entire Indycar series and Indianapolis motor speedway
What's the problem here, Mixup?

You should be endorsing this kind of thing, as per the thread discussing Roland and co buying the Supercar series:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
I'd rather see someone who has so much experience in the sport owning it - and you can't ignore the fact that Roland Dane upped the game for engineering and presentation for the whole competition.

Clearly he has quality procedures and an eye for talent, and there's no doubt if he had more involvement in the sport's administration, I don't see how anybody could see it as a negative.

Unless you believe he's the boogie man, which some people obviously do.
Penske is the same fit, if not better for IndyCars; but it seems you're the one now worried about the "boogie man".
Old 5 Nov 2019, 02:46 (Ref:3938661)   #27
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
4 legs good, 2 legs bad.
Old 6 Nov 2019, 00:11 (Ref:3938789)   #28
Denosaur
Veteran

Albania
Australia
Denosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDenosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just wait till Major Events Victoria gets a sniff of this, they'll work out a way to build a third pit lane at Albert Park and host a Triple Header weekend...

As much as I love Indy Car, i wouldn't be jumping on a plate to Sydney to see them race around Eastern Creek. I honestly don't think it is the place for such an event. Yes, some points of the circuit may make it interesting for passing, but the whole location, isn't exactly going to sell the city. Under lights or not...
Old 6 Nov 2019, 02:23 (Ref:3938797)   #29
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Many many moons ago, there was a push to host a street race around Cronulla.
Old 6 Nov 2019, 02:59 (Ref:3938802)   #30
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denosaur View Post
Just wait till Major Events Victoria gets a sniff of this, they'll work out a way to build a third pit lane at Albert Park and host a Triple Header weekend...

As much as I love Indy Car, i wouldn't be jumping on a plate to Sydney to see them race around Eastern Creek. I honestly don't think it is the place for such an event. Yes, some points of the circuit may make it interesting for passing, but the whole location, isn't exactly going to sell the city. Under lights or not...
Even if F1 wanted them there it wouldn’t look good for IndyCar to be on the same bill as F1.At COTA they were 17 seconds a lap slower than F1 and looking at comparative speeds they are significantly slower than F2.Also the quality of racing on road and street circuits this year hasn’t come close to what F1 has come up with at every race since France.
Old 6 Nov 2019, 05:06 (Ref:3938814)   #31
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
Also the quality of racing on road and street circuits this year hasn’t come close to what F1 has come up with at every race since France.
Somehow I doubt that.
Old 6 Nov 2019, 06:12 (Ref:3938820)   #32
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Woodbury View Post
Somehow I doubt that.
I’ve watched all of them.There is a lot of inverted snobbery about F1 among some people who class themselves as “real motor sport fans” who delight in playing tall poppy syndrome with F1.
Old 6 Nov 2019, 07:05 (Ref:3938823)   #33
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The sooner the tally poppy leaves for his rap career the sooner I might watch again. Not to mention some teams allowed to cheat endlessly but others being protested for doing the same thing, when a certain engine supplier decides they should...
Old 6 Nov 2019, 08:41 (Ref:3938841)   #34
champcarman
Veteran

champcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchampcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Woodbury View Post
Somehow I doubt that.
I don't think that's true either, F1 has been producing some great racing (and I am a huge IndyCar fan).
Old 6 Nov 2019, 21:28 (Ref:3938945)   #35
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by champcarman View Post
I don't think that's true either, F1 has been producing some great racing (and I am a huge IndyCar fan).
IndyCar is proof that you don't need to be the fastest category to produce great racing
Old 6 Nov 2019, 22:24 (Ref:3938957)   #36
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
Many many moons ago, there was a push to host a street race around Cronulla.
Many many moons ago, I used to love going to the pie shop (31 flavours?) after a long morning surfing
Old 7 Nov 2019, 12:12 (Ref:3939058)   #37
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Many moons ago we used to race cars down the main street and a certain hot rod was known to lift the front wheels changing up to second. The police station was one street away and they did nothing. As for a street race around Cronulla, I think it will never happen.
Old 7 Nov 2019, 21:52 (Ref:3939127)   #38
Denosaur
Veteran

Albania
Australia
Denosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDenosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
Even if F1 wanted them there it wouldn’t look good for IndyCar to be on the same bill as F1.At COTA they were 17 seconds a lap slower than F1 and looking at comparative speeds they are significantly slower than F2.Also the quality of racing on road and street circuits this year hasn’t come close to what F1 has come up with at every race since France.
It was a more tongue in cheeky response that if Melbourne gets a sniff of Sydney trying to get another international event, they come in and steel it.

Performance differences aside, the 2 on the same bill wouldn't work.

On the other hand, why doesn't Adelaide or Perth have a crack. Perth might get some legs on it, given the Penske business interest over there, so you never know. I would even consider running them at Townsville, just for the shear entertainment factor of that track, given a some decent corners for overtaking.

Whilst the east coast has many time difference benefit of broadcasting back to the states, sometimes you got to think outside the box....