Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 19 Jun 2011, 01:29 (Ref:2901676)   #101
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fomoco View Post
so in the end JW, MW, SVG all lost 25 points for a dodgy restart.

thats racing
That restart turn one was priceless, almost tops Matt Neal's shunt in the BTCC.
Old 19 Jun 2011, 02:12 (Ref:2901681)   #102
banksie
Racer

Australia
Victoria
banksie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Stewards report.
Good to see Dumbrell penalised for missing half a lap.
Old 19 Jun 2011, 03:08 (Ref:2901692)   #103
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
JW is starting to get stale, MW had two options, both would result in a penalty, Lee hit JW in turn one, not frosty, Lee escaped, Gis went bush to avoid JW.

MW accepted, Gis accepted, JW is still fuming. Get over it, or go and drive for HRT, JW is still spitting for missing out last year at homebush, now he spits it in Darwin.

The video of all involved was viewd, the determination was JW shunted frosty coming into the turn prior to the restart.

JW is acting like a DIVA.
Old 19 Jun 2011, 03:13 (Ref:2901695)   #104
St00ge
Veteran

St00ge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
Simple answer is to have no passing until after turn one.
or do what F1 do any allow overtaking from the safety car control line which is near the pit entrance normally
Old 19 Jun 2011, 04:26 (Ref:2901699)   #105
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by St00ge View Post
or do what F1 do any allow overtaking from the safety car control line which is near the pit entrance normally
Overtaking or do you mean overlapping?
Old 19 Jun 2011, 06:52 (Ref:2901710)   #106
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
way to go Vis, not to bad either for an ameature driver in third , hey Roland, where was sooky la la JW?,
Old 19 Jun 2011, 07:13 (Ref:2901712)   #107
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fomoco View Post
way to go Vis, not to bad either for an ameature driver in third , hey Roland, where was sooky la la JW?,

Leading the championship, that's where Mr Z car.

Last edited by Reload; 19 Jun 2011 at 07:22.
Old 19 Jun 2011, 07:40 (Ref:2901716)   #108
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
Leading the championship, that's where Mr Z car.
true, but when the driver and team principal blame every one else,and lable othersasnot so professional, they may need to have some time out, asJW said, he was still fuming, so I guess if you are going to give it, be prepared to recieve.

p.s, he is a good driver, just had a dummy spit.
Old 19 Jun 2011, 07:47 (Ref:2901718)   #109
St00ge
Veteran

St00ge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
Overtaking or do you mean overlapping?
overtake.. 40.7

http://www.formula1.com/inside_f1/ru.../8687/fia.html

Nice work by the Giz nice win
Old 19 Jun 2011, 09:02 (Ref:2901740)   #110
archie1
Rookie

Australia
Hunter Valley NSW
archie1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry to hijack this thread but would anyone have a copy of today's qualifying/race (darwin Sunday) they could share, or better yet direct me to a torrent of it somewhere?

The DVD recorder stuffed up much to my disgust.

PM me if you can assist.

All help appreciated.

regards

Andrew
Old 19 Jun 2011, 09:11 (Ref:2901745)   #111
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by archie1 View Post
Sorry to hijack this thread but would anyone have a copy of today's qualifying/race (darwin Sunday) they could share, or better yet direct me to a torrent of it somewhere?

The DVD recorder stuffed up much to my disgust.

PM me if you can assist.

All help appreciated.

regards

Andrew
It is replayed tonight on 7.
Old 19 Jun 2011, 09:25 (Ref:2901751)   #112
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
im a bit over some of these after race one size fits all penalties.

to give Dumbrell a 25 point penalty is wrong (but not for the reason you might think im going to say). The correct penalty for this (if any) is a drive through. the drive through puts him to the back of the field in the situation he was in. but the penalty he recieved was worse than putting him to the back of the field. its inconsistant.

Then Jamie takes out the leader and he gets a penalty that is less than going to the rear of the field (as does the giz, who didnt take out the leader)

At winton you can short cut half the field and get no penalty, at indy you delibrately skip a chicane and get no penalty, But then you do the same thing at Darwin and you get booted to last.

All we want as fans is consistancy, and we are not getting it. after all this time
Old 19 Jun 2011, 09:28 (Ref:2901753)   #113
gregjo
Rookie

gregjo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1and3

at last a ford,shame its a kiwi
Old 19 Jun 2011, 09:46 (Ref:2901763)   #114
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Good news for JC i notice, he will be able to practice in Practice 1 and 2 for those not in the top half of the championship table, a long with the rookie who took his place, just 5 places behind him on the championship table.

and for the record Moffat has beaten Courtney in 7 of the 13 races this year.

he must be so pleased. oh and his ex team mate is in 5th in the championship and Jamie is now double JC in points
Old 19 Jun 2011, 09:51 (Ref:2901767)   #115
DX20VT
Racer

DX20VT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
im a bit over some of these after race one size fits all penalties.

to give Dumbrell a 25 point penalty is wrong (but not for the reason you might think im going to say).
I would have thought that as he has not completed the lap correctly it would not count as so when he let the leaders pass him that would have put him one lap down ???????
Old 19 Jun 2011, 09:54 (Ref:2901770)   #116
archie1
Rookie

Australia
Hunter Valley NSW
archie1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
It is replayed tonight on 7.
Unreal - it is too!

Thanks for that. All is not lost.

Much appreciated.

regards

Andrew
Old 19 Jun 2011, 09:56 (Ref:2901771)   #117
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by St00ge View Post
Or just allow overtaking as soon as it goes green. You're allowed to overtake before the line on a start, so why not on a restart? Green means it's safe to race, so let them get on with it. Arguably that's safer than artificial ways of stopping them racing.
Old 19 Jun 2011, 10:14 (Ref:2901776)   #118
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
you produce some valid thoughst there Woolley. the re-start rules seem to have got overly complicated in recent years, to a point that the fans dont understand.

JC got penalised at GG last year, Jnr earlier this year (cant remember where, it was a race that i missed) for re-start penalties that are overly complicated. and there should have been no doubt in our mind about if there was any fault at the re-start in this round. the penalty, if any, should have been clear and should have occurred during the race, becuase it should be easy to adjudicate.

from the rules

D 11.5 End of SC Deployment
11.5.1 When the Race Director calls in the SC, it will extinguish all the flashing lights,
accelerate away from the field and enter the Pit Lane at the end of that lap. The
lead Car will be required to maintain the prescribed speed until the Safety Car is
entering Pit Lane.
11.5.2 Once the announcement has been made on the RMC that the Safety Car has
entered Pit Lane the lead Car will be permitted to accelerate or maintain its current
speed, but not slow down, up to the Control Line.
11.5.3 As the SC is entering the Pit Lane, the yellow flags and SC boards at the flag posts
will be replaced with waved green flags until the last car crosses the Control Line
11.5.4 When the SC has pulled off the Race Track and the Cars are approaching the
control line, a green light/green flag will be shown at the start line
11.5.5 Overtaking remains strictly forbidden until the Cars pass the control (timing) line
unless a Car slows with an obvious problem. It is permitted to overlap prior to this
line, but only after the apex of the final turn or another turn as nominated by the
Race Director.
11.5.6 Following the withdrawal of the SC, any Cars that are not racing on the lead lap of
the Race are required, as soon as it is safe to do so, to move off the racing line and
let any Cars that are racing on the lead lap to overtake them. Any Car judged to
have failed to comply with this Rule may be have a PLP or other penalties as
determined by the Stewards applied
Old 19 Jun 2011, 10:43 (Ref:2901789)   #119
I16
Racer

I16 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregjo View Post
at last a ford,shame its a kiwi
Sorry to spoil your day - Must PY off to know that a Kiwi is in charge of your most successful bank.

Last edited by I16; 19 Jun 2011 at 11:12.
Old 19 Jun 2011, 11:37 (Ref:2901803)   #120
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
HRT still seem to be very upbeat about the future... Mr Henry is clearly more forthright and social than the previous incumbents... and seems to be leading the team.. The video below shows the amount of work the team had to endure across the Saturday night

It will be difficult for the team to maintain that intensity if the results dont finally start coming...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 19 Jun 2011, 11:42 (Ref:2901806)   #121
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
CL fined $10,000 for a afterace burnout
As I said yesterday HRT got heaps of drama,s there car just dont look fast, me thinks there big trouble in the camp
Well Done Giz, had the pleasure of a tour around the SBR pit and SP Tools car this morning, and got to chat with him
FPR & Frosty have improved with the soft trye dramas they had

Have had a great time up here in Darwin, if you never being put it on your bucket list, the organization is pretty bloody good and hard to beat.
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 19 Jun 2011, 11:43 (Ref:2901809)   #122
Micklegend
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
Micklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMicklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micklegend View Post
Dear Ford Teams,

Get a mirror, stand in front of it, then take a long hard look at yourselves. Once finished, go down to Bunnings and buy a bag of quickset...each grab a spoon, heaped generously, then swallow, along with your pride (if there is any left) then get out there and kick some Holden butt!

Frosty, you found pole, get it again, drive away with your elbows out. Will, back him up and only let a fellow ford driver pass if you must. Stevie J, wring the neck of the #17, Giz...show everyone that Hamilton was no fluke, and Timmy Slade..push push and keep on pushing. Tail gunners Alex and Moff..fend off any attack from the Red Barons at will, and PD...keep up the consistency.

Lets show Holden that they cant dominate, JW has the championship all but won, and rightly so, the bloke is a class act, but we can do just as well without doing anything foolish.

Rant over....and by the way, good luck brighty, nice to see you above the more fancied outfits!
! I think someone read my post and took it seriously.....nice work Ford boys.
Old 19 Jun 2011, 11:50 (Ref:2901811)   #123
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
HRT still seem to be very upbeat about the future... Mr Henry is clearly more forthright and social than the previous incumbents... and seems to be leading the team.. The video below shows the amount of work the team had to endure across the Saturday night

It will be difficult for the team to maintain that intensity if the results dont finally start coming...
ha ha, my fav bit "tim slade slammed into the front of me". of course. always someone else's fault
Old 19 Jun 2011, 11:58 (Ref:2901814)   #124
Driver TBA
Veteran

Driver TBA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Giz & SBR
Nice strategy boys.

DJR seem to be trucking along nicely... Considering all of the talented business, technical and driving people have left the team!
Old 19 Jun 2011, 18:28 (Ref:2901963)   #125
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great racing, competitive racing and lots of drama.
Finally some silverware for the Ford boys and the run for the championship looks a little more exciting.
Congrats to R '' Bradbury" K and SVG.
HRT can only be described as embarassing.
I wouldn't like to be the left wheel man from KR who was "hamming" it up at the camera during the TK pitstop just before his pit and wheel dramas.