Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 8 Apr 2018, 17:23 (Ref:3814088)   #276
loon
Racer

loon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridloon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If only the Honda engine was in the back of McLaren's world beating chassis they would be on course to win the title
Old 8 Apr 2018, 17:26 (Ref:3814096)   #277
ibsey
Rookie

ibsey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Not quite as simple as you make out, Chunterer.

Firstly, Honda actually financed Brawn during the early days, to the tune of several, possibly hundreds of, millions. And secondly, although Mugen was a totally autonomous business, it was started by a member of the Honda family.

Just looked it up to refresh my memory; it was actually the son of the founder of Honda that formed Mugen.
I remember that Nakano married the daughterof Mugen's boss which was a wise career move as Prost couldn't sack him during the 1997 season.
Old 8 Apr 2018, 17:34 (Ref:3814106)   #278
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibsey View Post
I remember that Nakano married the daughterof Mugen's boss which was a wise career move as Prost couldn't sack him during the 1997 season.
Welcome to 10-10ths.
Old 8 Apr 2018, 17:35 (Ref:3814107)   #279
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibsey View Post
That is...brilliant I hadn't heard that one before!
Old 8 Apr 2018, 18:12 (Ref:3814126)   #280
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think we know wich engine Red Bull will use next season after today
Old 8 Apr 2018, 18:13 (Ref:3814129)   #281
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
And which driver?
Old 8 Apr 2018, 18:14 (Ref:3814130)   #282
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Burn.
Old 8 Apr 2018, 18:22 (Ref:3814133)   #283
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
And which driver?
You don't seem to remember Max scored 2 4th places for Toro Rosso
Old 8 Apr 2018, 18:34 (Ref:3814135)   #284
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
There are two drivers in Red Bull...
Old 8 Apr 2018, 18:46 (Ref:3814138)   #285
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
There are two drivers in Red Bull...
the rumour is Daniel will go to Ferrari

and this should be a good team

Old 8 Apr 2018, 18:48 (Ref:3814139)   #286
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Congratulations Toro Rosso Honda! Great results for Gasly regardless of the retirements. Hartley had a rough race. Collision at start was minor, but his fault. Even with penalty he was in 10th place at one point.

In the end, it seems like this engine, that has its roots int the 2017 redesign, has promise. Let’s hope they can continue to unlock both power and reliability. I am sure they will still have some ups and downs over the course of the season. But so far 2018 is looking to be exciting!

Richard
Old 8 Apr 2018, 19:43 (Ref:3814165)   #287
loon
Racer

loon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridloon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nielsen View Post
You don't seem to remember Max scored 2 4th places for Toro Rosso
And Vettel won for Toro Roso
Old 8 Apr 2018, 19:53 (Ref:3814173)   #288
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by loon View Post
And Vettel won for Toro Roso
when the Toro Rosso was still a Red Bull chassis with a Ferrari engine
Old 8 Apr 2018, 20:04 (Ref:3814178)   #289
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nielsen View Post
I think we know wich engine Red Bull will use next season after today
I think in 2019 the main RB team have no other choice as Renault have told them they will not supply them anymore, it seems they talked themselves out of the Renaut deal with constant public slammings of the Renault motor.......so TR have to make the Honda motor work......well done I must say, McLaren have been made to look shamefully bad since moving to Renault, I don't see Boullier lasting for long there.
Old 8 Apr 2018, 21:06 (Ref:3814203)   #290
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Well done on getting both cars to the flag, especially Gasly in fourth
Old 9 Apr 2018, 01:31 (Ref:3814249)   #291
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
In my season preview I noted that Toro Rosso will have a brilliant season with Honda.
Then it's seen I had the chrystal ball with me...
Old 9 Apr 2018, 10:25 (Ref:3814333)   #292
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
That was a very good drive by Gasly! Finally a good result for Honda! Though both RBR's and a Ferrari DNF'd, 4th is a fantastic result Toro Rosso. Even if Gasly had finished 7th, that still would have been a good result.

Good drive by Gasly. Very good drive. Starting to wonder if it was the driver or the engine that brought on that result for Toro Rosso Honda? Considering the other Honda finished 13th??
Old 9 Apr 2018, 13:19 (Ref:3814398)   #293
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
Considering the other Honda finished 13th??
Albeit having been given a 10 second pitlane stop penalty when running in the points.
Old 9 Apr 2018, 14:34 (Ref:3814418)   #294
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yeah, bearing in mind Hartley's penalty, there's no doubt that was a good performance from the Toro Rosso car (and possibly Honda engine), not taking anything away from the peddlers.
Old 9 Apr 2018, 15:25 (Ref:3814432)   #295
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by knighty View Post
I think in 2019 the main RB team have no other choice as Renault have told them they will not supply them anymore
Contracted via FOM for 2019 - if RBR decide they want it.
Old 9 Apr 2018, 15:38 (Ref:3814437)   #296
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
big congrats and very much a good showing but it is still only one race.

i think the biggest take away for the team and Honda has got to be the renewed motivation this result will provide them.

very much looking forward to see how they play out the season with regards to development cycle, engine changes, penalty races etc. its going to be an interesting season for them.
Old 9 Apr 2018, 16:00 (Ref:3814443)   #297
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post

i think the biggest take away for the team and Honda has got to be the renewed motivation this result will provide them.

very much looking forward to see how they play out the season with regards to development cycle, engine changes, penalty races etc. its going to be an interesting season for them.
I agree. As much as I was down on dire predictions after the first race, I am also trying to contain my enthusiasm based upon this past weekend. We are just two races in. Still a very small sample. One very bad and one very good. I guess the take away is that they are at least able to run at the front of "everyone else" at least at that track. Let see how it goes throughout the season.

Richard
Old 9 Apr 2018, 16:04 (Ref:3814444)   #298
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
The odd thing is, you could argue the Honda has been more reliable than the Renault in red bulls hands this year.
Old 9 Apr 2018, 16:04 (Ref:3814445)   #299
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post

The overiding issue is when will they start having to take engine penalties? With 3 engines (ICE's in F1 jargon) for the year allowed before penalties apply, here we are two races into a twenty one race season and both cars are already on their second engines having chosen to run newly updated units from Honda in Bahrain.
Old 9 Apr 2018, 16:36 (Ref:3814456)   #300
AdrianM
Racer

AdrianM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
The overiding issue is when will they start having to take engine penalties? With 3 engines (ICE's in F1 jargon) for the year allowed before penalties apply, here we are two races into a twenty one race season and both cars are already on their second engines having chosen to run newly updated units from Honda in Bahrain.
If each one is a decent step it probably won't matter that much to still get reasonable finishes. At some races half the grid will be changing engines so as long as they get the paperwork in first they'll still be halfway up the grid with a decent power engine.