Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 27 Nov 2013, 22:51 (Ref:3337544)   #1
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Power-plant mix and match

OK I'm bored already so was reading through some of the tech and sporting Regs for next 2014 and stumbled upon a few things I hadn't realised.

Each driver is allowed 5 Power-plants per season But Each component of the power-plant is individually interchangeable.

There are 6 components...
A = Engine
B = Kinetec Motor Generator
C = Heat Motor Generator
D = Battery
E = Turbo
F = Electronics

So Race 1 is going to see 1A,1B,1C, 1D,1E and 1F
But Race 2 could see for example... 1A, 2B, 1C, 2D, 2E and 1F

Should a team need a 6th of any component it's a 10 place grid drop, and for a 6th of any subsequent other its another 5 places
The same applies to a 7th, 8th etc.

Here's a stinger ... if you don't qually high enough for your full penalty, you take what you can and serve the rest at the next race.

This only carries over once so for example
A Sauber might 15th so take 8 places to be last on the grid at the race where item 6 was changed and drop 2 more places from the 12th place it qualified at the next race.
OR
A Marussia qualifying in 19 would only drop 3 at the race where item 6 is used and qualifying in 20th at the next race 2 more. It wouldn't carry on until all 10 places had been dropped.

Another Item I noticed is that in 2014 gear boxes have to go 6 races consecutively rather than 5. The same 5 place grid drop for changing out of sequence.

8 forward gears in 2014 but the Ratios have to be nominated before the first event, and carried all season. 2014 only there is a wild card in which the set of ratios can be re-nominated.

The Red Bull trick of asking to check the cogs looks to be legitimised, and each car can have this done 5 times across the season without the team having to produce evidence of possible damage.

This has probably been covered in that huge thread that ran for 2 years, but it was time for a new one anyway.

Feel free to correct me if I've misread, the regs or you understand them better than me.

Last edited by ScotsBrutesFan; 28 Nov 2013 at 01:05. Reason: Spelling
Old 27 Nov 2013, 23:42 (Ref:3337567)   #2
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
Here's a stinger ... if you don't qually high enough for your full penalty, you take what you can and serve the rest at the next race.
harsh stinger!
Old 28 Nov 2013, 12:52 (Ref:3337736)   #3
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
So if you regularly qualify last it could take all season to get the penalty sorted!!!!
Old 28 Nov 2013, 13:16 (Ref:3337743)   #4
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
So if you regularly qualify last it could take all season to get the penalty sorted!!!!
No please reread the Marussia example
Old 28 Nov 2013, 13:24 (Ref:3337745)   #5
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
No please reread the Marussia example
Thanks missed that bit. Reading too fast.
Old 28 Nov 2013, 17:29 (Ref:3337818)   #6
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
generally i dont like the idea of penalties carrying over multiple races given the nature of the championship being a series of one off Grand Prix but that said it could be interesting if a top team got stuck with a multiple race penalty in the midst of a title battle.

SBF, certainly it would add an extra layer of intrigue in the fantasy league!
Old 28 Nov 2013, 19:43 (Ref:3337872)   #7
Chazmando
Rookie

England
Chazmando should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The penalty thing isn't fair for Marussia/Caterham. They could be starting last 5 times in a row, which would really hamper them.
Old 28 Nov 2013, 20:37 (Ref:3337897)   #8
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazmando View Post
The penalty thing isn't fair for Marussia/Caterham. They could be starting last 5 times in a row, which would really hamper them.
And they don't already?

Remember this carry over penalty relates only to Engine components which are supposed to last 4 races.

The chances of a team actually having to use a 6th of something won't be that massively high - short of major design flaw.