Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 11 Dec 2013, 11:26 (Ref:3342663)   #26
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
I was under the impression that Ron and Max would both step down from their respective positions, basically for the good of the sport ? If Ron comes back does that mean that Max will too ??? (Certainly hope not !!!!)
Where do people get these ideas from? Max went because it was politically untenable for him to stand again. That Max' presence/departure was some how linked with Dennis presence/departure was never substantiated - at least to my satisfaction. People just thought that idea was cool based on their antipathy and took it to their hearts and so a myth was born - as far as I can see anyway.
Old 11 Dec 2013, 15:02 (Ref:3342726)   #27
henners88
Veteran

Wales
henners88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
Where do people get these ideas from? Max went because it was politically untenable for him to stand again. That Max' presence/departure was some how linked with Dennis presence/departure was never substantiated - at least to my satisfaction. People just thought that idea was cool based on their antipathy and took it to their hearts and so a myth was born - as far as I can see anyway.
Quite. I've never seen any official statement that suggests Ron stepped down for the race team because of Mosley or the Spygate scandal. In fact the only time I have seen this suggested is by fans opinions. Its complete rubbish as far as I am concerned.
Old 11 Dec 2013, 21:49 (Ref:3342893)   #28
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesH View Post
Can someone explain how changing Whitmarsh to Dennis will suddenly make the designers design a better car?

Because as I see it, neither of them are designers. And the problem is the design of the car. Not who is running the team.
It was Ron after all that put their best designer's nose out of joint!
Old 12 Dec 2013, 11:07 (Ref:3343101)   #29
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
Ultimately team principles or CEOs take the fall because their role is to ensure that the organisation is the best it can be, that they have the best people and resources and they are using them effectively. No different to any other large business.

I'm sure Whitmarsh would not say that he doesn't design the car so it's not his fault. He knows the position and although a team, how they perform is his responsibility. He has hired new people so let's see what impact they have over time.
It doesn't matter who the Principle is - it's the designers who make or break the season. As you say, Whitmarsh has brought in new people, just like Ron would have done. On the other hand, have he brought in the right people, or would Ron have brought in the right people?

There are very limited number of F1 designers, so whoever the Principle is they still have to chose from the same pool of talent. That makes things a little different from big business, where there talent pool is much much larger. F1 really is quite an unusual case.
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.