Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 11 May 2006, 20:02 (Ref:1606257)   #51
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just popped in here to say "Hi Stoffer"........
Old 11 May 2006, 21:07 (Ref:1606347)   #52
Stoffer Green
Rookie

Stoffer Green should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ayse ... Good to hear from you, you've wandered a fair way from your Le Mans posts! I hear that you are off there again during the awful Football World Cup and that at least you are NOT going in the Saints bus. That was really uncomfortable, wasn't it?
Even Historic racing fans should look at your web-site aysedasi.co.uk, I recommend it. Sorry John, but Ayse has been such a fan of Le Mans for so long that his interest is almost historic.
Old 11 May 2006, 22:11 (Ref:1606429)   #53
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Stoffer, would you please pass my very best wishes to Willie when you see him. Hopefully he will make an appearance at the Revival Meeting later this year?
Old 12 May 2006, 09:43 (Ref:1606823)   #54
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoffer Green
Even Historic racing fans should look at your web-site aysedasi.co.uk, I recommend it. Sorry John, but Ayse has been such a fan of Le Mans for so long that his interest is almost historic.
Not a problem, Stoffer; I agree, it's a great site; just click, here:-

http://www.aysedasi.co.uk/

At the end of the day we are all enthusiasts. It's one of the reasons why I'm so delighted that Willie intends to stay close to the sport, even if he doesn't actually race again! How's that for bringing this thread back on topic!
Old 12 May 2006, 13:39 (Ref:1607035)   #55
Pistonbroke
Racer

Wales
Shropshire
Pistonbroke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
According to Motor Sport, Willie's driving a course car at VSCC Oulton Park on 10 June. It'll be good to see him on track again.
Old 31 Jul 2006, 19:59 (Ref:1669247)   #56
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I was hoping to meet Willie at Silverstone at the weekend but sadly it didn't happen for various reasons. However, spoke to him over the phone this evening and he seemed in good spirits. He had pedalled around the Silverstone infield yesterday and it seems that Doctors still consider his level of recovery as remarkable. Willie asked after Andrew Spence and I gave him the situation as described by Sue on Andrew's thread. We also discussed Win Percy and I'll put a short note on Win's thread.

Wille has been to a number of historic meetings this year, and will be at the Goodwood Revival in a Team Manager capacity. Excellent news!
Old 11 Aug 2006, 11:35 (Ref:1679889)   #57
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Nice to hear that Willie got behind the wheel again at Donington last week, testing Bamford's Lancia-Ferrari.
Old 3 Sep 2006, 20:26 (Ref:1700993)   #58
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
I've just got back from Goodwood Revival and had the pleasure of speaking with Willie over the past 2 days. He is certainly in fine form and in good health and spirits, but no mention of any form of racing was even mentioned, other than comparing notes on wheelchair use!!!!!! I should add he is walking totally without any sticks or help, remarkable when you consider how bad he was. The only negative bit to his health appeared to be his ability to kneel now - and having now seen his own x-rays he can understand why he was told not to!!!!!!

He still remains the gentleman he always was.

Steve

Last edited by Steve Tarrant; 3 Sep 2006 at 20:28.
Old 4 Sep 2006, 16:54 (Ref:1701656)   #59
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Many thanks for that Steve. I didn't catch up with Willie at Goodwood, but I did bump into Andrew Kitson, who confirmed that he had spotted him looking in good shape. I agree it's a pretty remarkable recovery.
Old 11 Sep 2006, 20:30 (Ref:1708288)   #60
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
I think in the light of Willie's apparent rude health, considering the circumstances, it is probably time to 'unstick' this thread now. I'm sure we will still be keeping a look out for Willie at any meetings he attends and continue to wish him well.
Old 16 Apr 2007, 10:58 (Ref:1892837)   #61
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire

Finally met up with Willie at Donington yesterday. He was on great form and appears to be in fine fettle. Still a real enthusisat, he has done a bit of testing to give feedback on one or two cars lately, including the Chris Beighton/John Finnimore Le Mans Sunbeam Tiger Coupe. I pestered him again about his last overall victory and he agrees that it is likely that the Alfa TZ2 win at Goodwood in 2003 probably was his last. (I've commissioned Andrew Kitson to paint this victory!) He had, of course, won in the Ligier at Le Mans a few months earlier.
Old 16 Apr 2007, 11:56 (Ref:1892870)   #62
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner

Finally met up with Willie at Donington yesterday. He was on great form and appears to be in fine fettle. Still a real enthusisat, he has done a bit of testing to give feedback on one or two cars lately, including the Chris Beighton/John Finnimore Le Mans Sunbeam Tiger Coupe. I pestered him again about his last overall victory and he agrees that it is likely that the Alfa TZ2 win at Goodwood in 2003 probably was his last. (I've commissioned Andrew Kitson to paint this victory!) He had, of course, won in the Ligier at Le Mans a few months earlier.
yes I double took when I saw him in uniform when I was testing last Wednesday. That would make sense as the Sunbeam was there, although I dont like them as a rule that car has great presence.
Old 16 Apr 2007, 12:05 (Ref:1892881)   #63
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I also had a good chat to him at Donington yesterday. He said he has given up racing on the instructions of his wife! Lovely guy.