Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 10 Apr 2008, 13:32 (Ref:2174533)   #1
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Grand Passione Classic, Donington, 19/20 April

A good friend and fellow 10-Tenths member tells me that I 'must' go to this. Well, I'm going on Saturday, as I have an engagement elsewhere on the Sunday. As I understand it, if you are interested in GP cars through the ages, I reckon this is the one to go to. Other cars, too, of course.

Mentioned here:-

http://www.octane-magazine.com/news.php?seenews=771
Old 10 Apr 2008, 16:59 (Ref:2174656)   #2
TorqueWench
Racer

United Kingdom
Sunny Berkshire
TorqueWench should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why are there 4 Lotus 18s - and not mine? I don't think it's a FJ round?
Old 10 Apr 2008, 17:03 (Ref:2174658)   #3
TorqueWench
Racer

United Kingdom
Sunny Berkshire
I think they've got that wroong - I can't see a race for single seaters that aren't GP cars...???
Old 10 Apr 2008, 17:04 (Ref:2174659)   #4
TorqueWench
Racer

United Kingdom
Sunny Berkshire
Sorry - double post!
Old 10 Apr 2008, 17:09 (Ref:2174662)   #5
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think I'll be there John.
Old 10 Apr 2008, 19:02 (Ref:2174727)   #6
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower
I think I'll be there John.
You'd better be - your name's in the programme!
Old 10 Apr 2008, 19:18 (Ref:2174739)   #7
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Not only is there the most wonderful entry but this is the very first meeting for Masters Racing Club being the permit holding organising club. Most of the clerks and senior officials are 10/10ths members and the team have worked very hard with HGPCA, Ferrari Owners Club and Masters Racing Series themselves to put on a really cracking and professionally run meeting....although the latter will be for others to judge on Sunday evening! Do come and support us.....where else can you see 7 (yes seven) races for Grand Prix cars in one weekend plus top line historic sports and sports racing cars and a paddock that's been designed to get up close and personal with the cars and drivers?
Old 10 Apr 2008, 19:29 (Ref:2174746)   #8
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngee
You'd better be - your name's in the programme!

Oh! REALLY? Spose I'd better turn up then.I thought a late start and arrive about three.
Old 10 Apr 2008, 20:04 (Ref:2174781)   #9
SZRacer
Racer

England
North Cotswolds
SZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be there, in the 'fairly pretty but hopelessly under-powered' Italian usual...

Blimey, just checked and my race is at 9am on Sunday Morning

Suppose I 'll have to be abstemious on Saturday night....

James
Old 10 Apr 2008, 20:16 (Ref:2174793)   #10
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm there in the Vette and Elva x2. Looking forward to it.
Old 11 Apr 2008, 06:17 (Ref:2174999)   #11
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Oh! REALLY? Spose I'd better turn up then.I thought a late start and arrive about three.
Nothing new there then!
Old 11 Apr 2008, 07:23 (Ref:2175022)   #12
LAK
Racer

LAK should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLAK should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hi all. Jason and I will be there debuting our Lancia Aurelia in the HGPCA 50s Sports car race. We're second reserve so may only get a practice but having been to the event last year helping a friend, we're over the moon to be part of such a great event. It's great there will be so many friendly faces to support - we're really looking forward to it. I trust we will be sharing several glasses of wine at the dinner! Can't wait!
Old 11 Apr 2008, 08:21 (Ref:2175050)   #13
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Welcome back Lak,2nd is a pretty good place to start anyway,see you there.

I'm not going to sink so low as even responding to one of the other post's.!LoL
Old 11 Apr 2008, 10:04 (Ref:2175111)   #14
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
I'll be there in the orange romper suit - long days, and an almost certainly cold/wet campsite, but I'm confident that it'll all be worth it considering what's racing
Old 11 Apr 2008, 17:25 (Ref:2175413)   #15
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I'm not going to sink so low as even responding to one of the other post's.!LoL
Ya luv me really !
Old 11 Apr 2008, 18:50 (Ref:2175464)   #16
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireSmith
Ya luv me really !
as long as its not John
Old 11 Apr 2008, 19:05 (Ref:2175473)   #17
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly
as long as its not John
I don't think even Max has plumbed those depths
Old 11 Apr 2008, 19:06 (Ref:2175475)   #18
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Dont'cha know it CLAIRE. I think if Zef shows up,we'll have to conjure something up,2.1ltr GT perhaps.I know he has been building another engine.
Old 12 Apr 2008, 00:32 (Ref:2175608)   #19
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Harrumph... I'd love to be there, but I'm booked as "dad's taxi" for Minime's accredited debut at Silverstone, for FIA GT.

Do people not suppose some of us wanting to see NEW GT cars may fancy the older stuff too?

GRRR!

Wish I was there, I suspect.
Old 12 Apr 2008, 07:24 (Ref:2175674)   #20
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey
Harrumph... I'd love to be there, but I'm booked as "dad's taxi" for Minime's accredited debut at Silverstone, for FIA GT.
Sorry you wont be there Tim, it is a shame they clash but the best of luck at being the taxi...lol... is it double time at the weekends on the meter?
Old 12 Apr 2008, 07:24 (Ref:2175675)   #21
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

There's just TOO much motor racing Tim! The Fat Clerk and I try and do everything but still fail!
Old 12 Apr 2008, 07:52 (Ref:2175681)   #22
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
There's just TOO much motor racing Tim! The Fat Clerk and I try and do everything but still fail!

Thats a bit harsh,I thought The Fat Clerk did OK.
Old 12 Apr 2008, 08:06 (Ref:2175686)   #23
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

Quote:
Thats a bit harsh,I thought The Fat Clerk did OK.
Yes Terry, but he's employed (note I don't say 'works' ) by BT and has sooooo much free time
Old 12 Apr 2008, 08:54 (Ref:2175716)   #24
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Yes Terry, but he's employed (note I don't say 'works' ) by BT and has sooooo much free time

I could be employed by them.
Old 12 Apr 2008, 20:07 (Ref:2176047)   #25
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Well, I'm trekking to Cardiff, Thursday, to get him, and back on Monday, so I guess it is double bubble. But at MY expense.

Why didn't I just go to sleep 19 years ago?