Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 16 Nov 2006, 15:30 (Ref:1767832)   #1
photohsr
Racer

Canada
Burlington, Ontario
photohsr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Historic F1 at Mosport

I don't know if this is the appropriate place to post this, but thought I would give a heads up for anyone planning to take in some North American races next year. Mosport will celebrate the Fortieth Anniversary of the first Canadian Grand Prix June 22-24. To make it very attractive to UK visitors the Historic Grand Prix cars will be at Watkins Glen two weeks later and Mont Tremblant the following week. It is a rare opportunity to visit three of North America's most historic Grand Prix tracks in the space of a month.
Bob H.
Old 16 Nov 2006, 16:28 (Ref:1767882)   #2
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's the right place as far as I'm concerned Bob. Sounds like a very worthwhile 4 weeks for the enthusiast. Reports and photos after the events would be good, too!
Old 22 Nov 2006, 01:07 (Ref:1771931)   #3
Davhut
Racer

Davhut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Except there are some serious concerns Mt.Tremblant will happen.
Mosport would be a fabulous substitute.
Old 22 Nov 2006, 21:24 (Ref:1772558)   #4
Leighton Irwin
Veteran

Canada
Victoria Harbour (on Georgian Bay)
Leighton Irwin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
40 years! Sigh. I more or less snuck in for the 67 race and slept in my tow car. I ended up working for Cooper. Gopher!!! I do not remember how many Coffee I got during an engine change on Rindt's car. 20 odd hr. job. One of the 2 (just 2) mechanics on the car was one Ron Dennis. Sunday morning two things happened. First I got given a pass by Roy Salvadori and next the organizers asked me if I would go get my Elva for the support race while looking at my F1 pass with a puzzled look. Entry was invitation only and I did not get one. Answer was NO! That was the last time I did not get an invite. I finished the season 5th under 2 litre in the Cdn. Championship with my 1100cc Elva Mk6.
Old 26 Jan 2007, 11:29 (Ref:1826346)   #5
Charles Warner
Racer

United States
Memphis, TN
Charles Warner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davhut
Except there are some serious concerns Mt.Tremblant will happen.
I'd be interested in knowing what these serious concerns are. The entry forms are out and monies have been accepted. There are three Historic Grand Prix weekends in a row for anyone making this trip. Watkins Glen, St Jovite and Elkhart Lake.
Old 26 Jan 2007, 14:51 (Ref:1826541)   #6
photohsr
Racer

Canada
Burlington, Ontario
photohsr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Warner
I'd be interested in knowing what these serious concerns are. The entry forms are out and monies have been accepted. There are three Historic Grand Prix weekends in a row for anyone making this trip. Watkins Glen, St Jovite and Elkhart Lake.
In November, when that post was written, there were two major concerns. The first, a lawsuit over the track breaking the village of Mont Tremblant's noise bylaw, has been settled. The second has to do with the Indy race and the construction required to upgrade the facility to their standards. That is an ongoing concern
Bob H
Old 5 Feb 2007, 23:31 (Ref:1834321)   #7
Davhut
Racer

Davhut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yea,
What he said.