Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 14 Apr 2007, 08:17 (Ref:1890886)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Historic Festivals and Packages

Quote:
Originally Posted by me in another thread
Gawd, this is a shift in opinions! What with the CC thread declaring Top Hat boring and this one telling us that Goodwood is a sham, I'm almost ready to slit my wrists!
So if the opinons of some of our posters are correct are our festivals and packages i.e. Masters doing things wrong?

If so what is the solution?
Old 14 Apr 2007, 09:15 (Ref:1890919)   #2
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Peter, definitely not time to slit wrists; more to rejoice, surely. The range of historice events is so wide now that we have to make choices. Actually too many for me, since it means missing some! Any event is bound to lead to its detractors and supporters. It's an old saying but nevertheless true, that you can never please all of the people all of the time.

If Goodwood is a sham, don't go. It's only a sham if you elect to see it that way; it depends what is important to you and why you go. Likewise if Top Hat is boring, but your view is going to be coloured by whether you are an organiser, entrant, driver or spectator, and which of these is the driving force behind any particular event. Sure, every event could be made better from some points of view but how often do we see changes made in response to issues only for a fresh lot of critics to complain about said changes. It's all a balancing act but it would be good if organisers listened to feedback from all interested parties.

Last edited by John Turner; 14 Apr 2007 at 09:17.
Old 14 Apr 2007, 15:14 (Ref:1891130)   #3
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some good points John,I base my opinion on my own experiences and also of a lot of "Named "drivers,the general feeling of waiting around for a long while really did get to me last time I was there in 05,I would not consider going back.Perhaps I arrived at the wrong time ,first thing in the morning,it took me a bit over one and a half hours to get from Cambridge to with in 8 miles of the circuit,8mls=45mins,like I said ,that with all the waiting/the crowds etc,I,ll not go again .I agree with Mr Ruston,Silverstone was much better.

Last edited by terence; 14 Apr 2007 at 15:16.
Old 16 Apr 2007, 15:08 (Ref:1893061)   #4
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
for me there are so many options of race series I could, if it was possible, race most weekends, and I still believe theres a gap in the market!

we're currently spoilt for choice, quantity wise, so we can't really complain.

the main factor from most points of view is a case of quality not quantity, and we all have differing opinions of quality!