Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 17 Nov 2007, 17:58 (Ref:2069671)   #1
LoLola
Rookie

LoLola should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
F5000 Feature Races planned for 2008

The F5000 registry is hard at work and has at least three feature races planned for 2008 marking the 40th anniversary of this group. If have a 5000 car that you have been wanting to get out, come and join us! So far the dates and times are posted on the F5000 web site and they include the Brian Redman race at Road America, the Zippo at Watkins Glen and the Wine Country Classic at Sears Point(oops Infineon). The more the merrier, come on out to participate or watch, either way it will be fun. You can find more info from the organizers at:
http://www.f5000registry.com/events.html
Old 21 Nov 2007, 17:07 (Ref:2072627)   #2
allenbrown
OldRacingCars.com
Veteran

allenbrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridallenbrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good to see - I'll publicise these on OldRacingCars.com. Isn't there also a race at Lime Rock late August?

When are the UK races next year?
Old 24 Nov 2007, 19:53 (Ref:2074842)   #3
LoLola
Rookie

LoLola should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenbrown
Good to see - I'll publicise these on OldRacingCars.com. Isn't there also a race at Lime Rock late August?

When are the UK races next year?
Allen,

I am not aware of any other F5000 feature races at Lime Rock but Seb or Bruce at the registry could answer that one for sure. I know Steve Earle does the Rolex Vintage Races there at the end of August though. Perhaps someone in the UK could contact the registry and coordinate the F5000 races in Europe?

Nick
Old 24 Nov 2007, 20:08 (Ref:2074848)   #4
Simon Hadfield
Veteran

Simon Hadfield should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSimon Hadfield should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I believe Lee Chapman has spoken to the Lime Rock organisers about having an F5000 race at Lime Rock, Michael Schryver, Marcus Pye and myself are all interested in doing a couple of races "back to back", sadly currently Road America falls right in the centre of our historic season. As we have already discussed with Lee and Ted Wenz our only real concern is that it is Formula 5000 not Formula 5700 or as one of the cars repatriated from the US a couple of years back Formula 6300! I have to say the chance to run our cars at Watkins Glen in particular is fantastic!
Old 24 Nov 2007, 21:48 (Ref:2074915)   #5
inpitlane
Veteran

inpitlane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Speaking with David Abbott from New Zealand and a couple of the local guys here in Australia, the F5000 race at next year's Phillip Island Historic in March could have as many as 30 cars if everyone shows.
Would be sensational. If anyone from US or UK or anywhere else for that matter wants more info, PM me and I'll pass on the relevant contact details.
I'll put details of the US events on the In Pit Lane website www.pitlanepr.com
There's also stories from the recent Sandown Historic on the In Pit Lane podcast including one on the Veskanda, and coming soon, the ex Neil Allen Elfin ME8 and one very original ex Moss Maserati.
It's available at the usual Podcast sites such as iTunes.
Old 25 Nov 2007, 22:35 (Ref:2075426)   #6
allenbrown
OldRacingCars.com
Veteran

allenbrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridallenbrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks to Seb, Marcus and David, I now have details of the US, NZ and Australian races. Still no word on the UK races?
Old 1 Dec 2007, 12:51 (Ref:2079320)   #7
Davhut
Racer

Davhut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Hadfield
only real concern is that it is Formula 5000 not Formula 5700 or as one of the cars repatriated from the US a couple of years back Formula 6300! I have to say the chance to run our cars at Watkins Glen in particular is fantastic!
Simon, I've been told all cars will be tech'ed to 5 litre spec. Most of the big motor entries are well known, and actually most are pretty average. You and Marcus will have no issues with them, I believe. Looking forward to shooting some fabulous "period" pics at the Glen and RA.
Don't forget your wets!
David