Old 16 Sep 2004, 15:23 (Ref:1098362)   #1
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
diz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Marshals for 5 December @ Anglesey

ANGLESEY CIRCUIT CLUB – “CIRCUIT DRIVER WINTER CAR RACES”

Anglesey Circuit Club will be organising their first Race Meeting at the Anglesey Circuit on Sunday 5 December. The ‘Circuit Driver Winter Raceday’ will be a 12 race affair with 2 Heats and a Final for 4 categories that will encompass just about every type of car on the National Racing scene. The meeting will be very much a 'Racing Ahead' type affair.

1. Formula Ford 1600
2. Sports Cars
3. Saloon Cars
4. Single Seater Racing Cars upto 2000cc
Classes will be formed from the entries received.

Sports Cars can be anything from Radicals, Caterhams, Westfields, MGs’, Ginettas, Historic Sports etc.
Saloon Cars can include the likes of XRs’, Stock / Hot Hatch, Ford Saloons, Super Coupe, SELOC BMWs’, Historic Saloons and Alfa Romeos’.
Single Seaters from the ranks of Monoposto, Formula Jedi, Formula Renault 1700, ARP F3, FF2000

Anglesey Circuit Club know that many Track Day drivers have taken their ARDS Test and possess a Race Licence, but many haven't actually raced yet. So if any Track Day drivers fancy a fun race meeting they would be more than welcome to take their first steps into actually racing at this meeting.

The Paddock Bar and Bistro will be open on the Saturday evening for those staying on circuit.

Marshals should notify their availability to Alistair Garrett at marshals@brsccnw.com

Qualifying 1000 - 1055 [4 x 10 mins]
Heats 1-4 1115 - 1210 [4 x 10 mins]
Lunch 1210 - 1300
Heats 5-8 1300 - 1355 [4 x 10 mins]
Finals 9 - 12 1400 - 1515 [4 x 15 mins]

None stop action guaranteed.
Old 16 Sep 2004, 19:52 (Ref:1098662)   #2
Alan Green
Veteran

England
Doncaster
Alan Green should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Marshals for 5 December @ Anglesey

Quote:
Originally posted by diz
The Paddock Bar and Bistro will be open on the Saturday evening for those staying on circuit.
Anglesey, in December, staying on circuit??? Bring many thermals

Seriously, although I can't attend, it sounds like a good idea for a meeting. How about giving the inexperienced or track day drivers a compulsory briefing on Saturday afternoon (for example, after the final track action of the day) to meet the marshals and learn a bit about what we do on racedays*.

*Not the eating pork pies and smuggling industrial magnets bits though!

Al.
Old 17 Sep 2004, 07:14 (Ref:1098975)   #3
flying muppet
Veteran

England
Deepest Shropshire
flying muppet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You can't miss Anglesey in December - I'll be there (but Mrs FM has already baulked at the chance of flagging!)
Old 17 Sep 2004, 07:28 (Ref:1098982)   #4
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
very tempted! Won't know until November though - depends on finances! Would November be too late to volunteer?
Old 17 Sep 2004, 08:48 (Ref:1099031)   #5
mazda59
Racer

Wales
macclesfield
mazda59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
think i'm mad enough to give it a go as well
but only got a tent , so does anyone know some nice warm B&B's open that time of year :-)
Old 17 Sep 2004, 12:17 (Ref:1099225)   #6
bluebeard
Veteran

England
wirral
bluebeard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i'll be there too prob in tent but maybe caravan! hope bar's open
Old 20 Sep 2004, 07:16 (Ref:1101646)   #7
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
diz - what's the closing date for marshals to apply? We won't really know until November if we'll have the funds to travel in December!
Old 20 Sep 2004, 08:43 (Ref:1101700)   #8
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
Quote:
Originally posted by EvilPumpkin
diz - what's the closing date for marshals to apply? We won't really know until November if we'll have the funds to travel in December!
Jenni,
It is never too late for marshals - anywhere.
I'm Secretary of the Meeting, marshals need to liaise with Alistair Garrett at marshals@brsccnw.com
Old 20 Sep 2004, 09:02 (Ref:1101717)   #9
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
Ok well I'll be in touch with Alistair when we know what's happening - if we can come, we'll do our best to bring a carful!
Old 20 Sep 2004, 09:13 (Ref:1101728)   #10
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
oh and can I suggest you also post this on the forum at www.mrmci.com - we may not be the only Irish marshals interested in this as our season effectively finishes in November!
Old 20 Sep 2004, 12:41 (Ref:1101927)   #11
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Who's Jenni?
Old 20 Sep 2004, 12:43 (Ref:1101931)   #12
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I might be there!

Done these "Winter Warmers" at Anglesey a few years back and it was bloody freezing.......but one of the best days I have ever had!
Old 20 Sep 2004, 12:51 (Ref:1101936)   #13
Jan Gower
Racer

Jan Gower should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If I have still not gone into hibernation I will be there. I remember the one and only meeting there in November we were blown up the pit lane and had to fight our way back down!
Old 20 Sep 2004, 12:51 (Ref:1101937)   #14
Jan Gower
Racer

If I have still not gone into hibernation I will be there. I remember the one and only meeting there in November we were blown up the pit lane and had to fight our way back down!
Old 20 Sep 2004, 12:52 (Ref:1101938)   #15
Jan Gower
Racer

I will be there if I have not gone into hibernation by then. I remember the one and only meeting in November we were blown up the pit lane and had to fight to get back down again. It was good fun!
Old 20 Sep 2004, 13:46 (Ref:1101973)   #16
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Mitchell
Who's Jenni?
I'm assuming it's me - at least it has the "i" at the end and since I can't remember Diz's name at ALL even though I should know, I decided not to complain.

Besides, Jenni is quite a nice name - very popular in Irish motorsport!
Old 20 Sep 2004, 14:14 (Ref:1101992)   #17
Jan Gower
Racer

Sorry about the above I am having an 'electronic' nightmare today!
Old 20 Sep 2004, 20:45 (Ref:1102398)   #18
badgeman62
Racer

United Kingdom
chester
badgeman62 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i will be there,but need to know if i should bring a coat or my replica chris bonnington everest survival kit?
Old 20 Sep 2004, 20:59 (Ref:1102408)   #19
KayBee
Veteran

England
Royston Vasey
KayBee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anglesey weather is, to say the least, unpredictable........

It's been lovely and warm and sunny in February and freezing cold and wet in June and August.:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

PS Andy I'd pack everything and more but don't forget something to protect you from the wind.

Old 20 Sep 2004, 21:03 (Ref:1102412)   #20
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
Quote:
Originally posted by EvilPumpkin
I'm assuming it's me - at least it has the "i" at the end and since I can't remember Diz's name at ALL even though I should know, I decided not to complain.

Besides, Jenni is quite a nice name - very popular in Irish motorsport!
Yes it was supposed to be you EP. I'm trying to remember what it should be. I think it could well be Terri - not sure if one R or two. Anyway, whatever your name is, you will be very welcome.
Old 20 Sep 2004, 21:36 (Ref:1102443)   #21
badgeman62
Racer

United Kingdom
chester
badgeman62 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i am sure there will be plenty of wind after everybody will have been in the bar the nite before.
Old 20 Sep 2004, 22:15 (Ref:1102487)   #22
SJC-214
Racer

SJC-214 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I will be there too.

Must be mad to be marshalling at Anglesey in December
Old 20 Sep 2004, 23:55 (Ref:1102538)   #23
blue nose
Veteran

blue nose should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does it matter what month it is as Anglesey is always the best race day on the calender.
Old 21 Sep 2004, 07:40 (Ref:1102648)   #24
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
Yeah it's Terri Diz - although I quite like Jenni - I may decide to change
Old 21 Sep 2004, 13:52 (Ref:1102896)   #25
pit bull
Racer

United Kingdom
In the pit lane, Cheshire
pit bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Got my name down for this one too
must be bloody mad, going to get lots of anti freeze from the bar the night before