Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 30 Dec 2019, 17:01 (Ref:3949082)   #1
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
MOTORS CUP, CIRCUIT BUGATTI LE MANS

French HVM meeting, but includes a visit by the CSCC.
Old 24 Jan 2020, 12:13 (Ref:3953112)   #2
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
French meeting on the Bugatti track, vey much different from the 24 Hours one.
CSCC Classic, CSCC Modern, NK HTGT and TOYO Tires 7 Race Series.
Other grids are typical french championship but you all are welcome.
May be Andy could help with the name of the CSCC Series, please?
Old 27 Jan 2020, 21:44 (Ref:3954107)   #3
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
French meeting on the Bugatti track, vey much different from the 24 Hours one.
CSCC Classic, CSCC Modern, NK HTGT and TOYO Tires 7 Race Series.
Other grids are typical french championship but you all are welcome.
May be Andy could help with the name of the CSCC Series, please?
Gerard, I am not sure how many grids CSCC will have at this event; we normally have separate grids for cars from 60s ( Swinging Sixties), 70s and 80s (future classics), 90s (modern classics), 2000s (new millennium) plus separate grids for Tin Tops, Turbo Tin Tops, 7 type cars(magnificent 7s), Special Saloons/Modsports and an Open series if a car doesn’t fit in to any of the above!

I suspect that we will have two grids at this meeting (but not sure); one for the 60s cars and a combined grid for the rest (an Inter-series race, its what happens at our Spa races).

Unfortunately the Toyo 7 series (not a CSCC series) doesn’t allow the wide variety of 7 type cars that CSCC allows in its Magnificent 7 series so my car isn’t eligible for this race. Some of our Magnificent 7 series cars may race in the inter - series race but I don’t like racing a 7 amongst the “heavy metal” so it’s probably not for me.
Old 28 Jan 2020, 07:21 (Ref:3954144)   #4
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Thank you Andy! From your clarification and the website, I'd go for three grids, Future Classics, Modern Classics and Toyo 7. How many cars in NK HTGT will be there, I dont know.

I remember racing the Caterham 1800 in enduro, in the wet the GT drivers, 911's or Vipers, can't see you. And in fact many dont care!
Old 27 Jan 2020, 08:54 (Ref:3953959)   #5
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Andy, do you think you could come?
Old 27 Jan 2020, 09:23 (Ref:3953971)   #6
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
I'm planning on bringing the Lenham MG to this meeting...
Old 27 Jan 2020, 10:41 (Ref:3953975)   #7
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Great news, David! Will you bring some tenthers with? Your Lenham is eligible for CSCC Classic, right? If you like to enter it in another french series, let me know I've a reasonably good relationship with Asavé boss, Alain Goupy. In principle he is very much period correct oriented, yes anorak, but why not in invitation class meaning no HTP?
Take care when adjusting your gearing, the pit straight -ligne droite des stands- is longer than appear in the vids…
Old 27 Jan 2020, 18:52 (Ref:3954083)   #8
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Does ASAVE run the Maxi 1300 series? I may be interested.
Thanks for the tip on gearing, better update my spreadsheet and check which spare diff ratios I have!
Old 27 Jan 2020, 20:23 (Ref:3954099)   #9
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Maxi 1300 is a series in itself and I read they won't go to go this year. I gave two phone calls today just in case, GT Classic and Salooncar are merged for this event. If I'm right the track can legally accept up to 50 and more cars. Still waiting for Asavé answer but you're much welcome in the Salooncar series Claude Maurel is a nice person very much experienced in running a series, ex racer, Franck his son is a good mechanic and racer too. He is specialized in gearboxes, axles and race preparation.

Gearing is a pure nightmare when you go to an unknown place. I recall you do know Dijon track, I would go for the same or maybe what we call "shorter" which means in French slightly lower speed for the same revs as Dijon. Hope I'm clear here…

As soon I get more specific info, I'll PM if its OK with you. Seems Bugatti track is really expensive to rent, lets manage something for your pleasure without flattening your wallet…
Old 28 Jan 2020, 08:26 (Ref:3954150)   #10
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gerard, the Toyo 7 series isnt run by CSCC and so we have no choice there, and probably cant race with them unless we join them and comply with their regs, which many of us dont.
We tried to get a joint 7 grid with them stSpa but they dont like being beaten by our quicker class cars!
Old 28 Jan 2020, 18:33 (Ref:3954254)   #11
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Andy, it won't surprise you to learn we've almost the same situation here, Caterhams are not always welcome in some grids because they are too fast, not expensive enough regarding big GT's and the driving level is often high.

Anyway, you know me now, would you like to come and race in France alone or with some friends, no doubt we'll find an arrangement. You are very much welcome.

The NK HTGT grid listed is the Dutch one I guess? Not the english version.
Old 29 Jan 2020, 05:32 (Ref:3954327)   #12
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
The NK HTGT grid listed is the Dutch one I guess? Not the english version.
What English version? NKHTGT is Netherlands based, and takes their grids (sometimes big) to other organisers meetings around Europe..... I know several Brits who race with them as they are better value for money than some, and a friendly / sociable crowd!

https://www.nkhtgt.nl/
Old 29 Jan 2020, 07:08 (Ref:3954332)   #13
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
OK. Just hope it won't change I know many hands who could make this grid thinner, dramatically increase the fees and definitely spoil the ambiance. Believe me we have experienced people in this area!
Old 29 Jan 2020, 07:15 (Ref:3954334)   #14
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
Quote:
Andy,

Anyway, you know me now, would you like to come and race in France alone or with some friends, no doubt we'll find an arrangement. You are very much welcome.
Many thanks, Gerard, that’s very kind, we will have to see how far what I laughingly describe as my “budget” can stretch one day.
Old 29 Jan 2020, 12:39 (Ref:3954389)   #15
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Andy, if this can give you some more motivation, this is from our Salooncar grid at Charade this year:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNoXy8PUafc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaciANbmffQ
Hope you're much impressed! Yes its from a Seven and yes the white car is a 996 Cup…
Old 2 Feb 2020, 18:26 (Ref:3955314)   #16
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Don't know what the entry fees are going to be for this meeting for CSCC yet - I'd like to do it just for the experience, but the pension only stretches so far

A mate of mine who is defecting from the BMW Compact Cup to come race his Alfa Romeo Junior Z in the Swinging Sixties is really keen to do Le Mans, though, so I'll probably have to come along if only to support him
Old 2 Feb 2020, 18:56 (Ref:3955319)   #17
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Don't know what the entry fees are going to be for this meeting for CSCC yet - I'd like to do it just for the experience, but the pension only stretches so far

A mate of mine who is defecting from the BMW Compact Cup to come race his Alfa Romeo Junior Z in the Swinging Sixties is really keen to do Le Mans, though, so I'll probably have to come along if only to support him
I do like a Zagato Junior - i look forward to seeing that race.
Old 2 Feb 2020, 19:35 (Ref:3955325)   #18
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
I like this car too. Is it a 1300 or a 1600, the bodies are slightly different if I remember well. I think we had only the small displacement imported here and in only few were seen on the road.
Strange enough a 26R owner well known by Mike has a 1600…
Old 3 Feb 2020, 18:09 (Ref:3955520)   #19
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Running it as a 1300 Junior Z, I believe. He's still working on completing it - keeps dropping hints about me going to sort the wiring

Pics of it a few monthjs ago:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg JuniorZ rear.jpg (1.17 MB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg Juniorz front.jpg (1.01 MB, 11 views)
Old 5 Feb 2020, 20:50 (Ref:3955994)   #20
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Just checked with Asavé boss, some places still available for Brits chaps, race is one hour but I find the entry fee sky high… Depending on what will be the GBP/€ rate at this time.
Old 4 Mar 2020, 07:25 (Ref:3961412)   #21
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
If you accept a "just for fun" invitation, may be we can do something but it will probably be with a Mazda. Lets try to adjust our schedules and why not a tenths team? Not many, only the best!
Old 25 Mar 2020, 20:47 (Ref:3966839)   #22
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
Gerard

here I am - all 1.76m of me....
Old 26 Mar 2020, 05:52 (Ref:3966873)   #23
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Ha, voil* qui me fait grand plaisir! No worry its an invitation meaning if you're on the circuit just join.
Not realistic to think about bringing the Capri and the Mazda. Had a look to lap times, a 130 hp MX on road Avons at 45€ each is as fast as a good french MG B on race tires.
Wont be hard to have 145 hp just adjusting the intake. If you have any suggestion, please do!
Suspensions, brakes, lsd, gearbox are really good, only the engine is a pain.
Designed for a motorcycle and restricted, I'd say few power and almost no torque. In principle very reliable at this stage of tune.

Depending on the situation at this moment - probably they will need entries - we could have the choice either two short races or one one hour.

Have to do something with the seat, 1,91 m for me…

There will be a tomorrow. Historic racing will survive. Soyons fous, faisons des projets d'avenir!
Old 27 Mar 2020, 15:27 (Ref:3967216)   #24
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

Have to do something with the seat, 1,91 m for me…

There will be a tomorrow. Historic racing will survive. Soyons fous, faisons des projets d'avenir!

A good height, 1.9 for me
Old 26 Mar 2020, 07:32 (Ref:3966886)   #25
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
David just hope it will be a cold and rainy weekend. The chassis is really well balanced. By the way, hope you accept some toe-in at front… May be we can adjust the lsd too its a Kaaz…