Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 17 Mar 2011, 16:18 (Ref:2847566)   #101
SAMD
Veteran

SAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Fascinating Claire- thanks for taking the time to inform us. I can now abandon my idea borrowed from yacht racing where transponder would be mounted on end of a rectractable bowsprit fitted to front of car

WRC have used GPS tracking for a while now. Originally touted for safety reasons as if car goes off or breaks down on stage the organisers can spot it, it also allowed them to make sure cars weren't off route between stages and maybe being serviced when they shouldn't.....

Think how complicated time keeping at Le Mans 24hrs must have been before electrics, electronics and computers were introduced.
It look like your bowsprit idea will need resurected Mike. I was thinking of an electric ariel myself. Only to be switched on in neck and neck circumstances
Old 17 Mar 2011, 17:04 (Ref:2847593)   #102
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Fascinating Claire- thanks for taking the time to inform us. I can now abandon my idea borrowed from yacht racing where transponder would be mounted on end of a rectractable bowsprit fitted to front of car
You could fit a retractable hill-climb-style "beam breaker"!
Old 18 Mar 2011, 01:05 (Ref:2847866)   #103
Paulaweybridge
Veteran

United Kingdom
Paulaweybridge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaulaweybridge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Marcus,

808 times. Not guilty sir, honest !!!

Certainly a dozen if not more.

YouTube needs a more accurate counting system....

Hope to see you in your magnificent car in the not too distant future.

Are you taking her to the Brands Hatch Masters meeting in May?

Take care

Paula

PS. 891 views now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Mussa View Post
Hi Paula
You must be the one who commented - so you actually saw it 808 times?
I just heard that they found the reason for my low oil pressure - pick up too close to the bottom of the sump, and the sump must ground from time to time as it is worn. I promise I never went over a kerb!
All the best
Marcus
Old 18 Mar 2011, 12:03 (Ref:2848063)   #104
Marcus Mussa
Veteran

United Kingdom
Monaco
Marcus Mussa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarcus Mussa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The idea is to do all the Masters Series, including Brands Hatch, plus the Gold Cup end August. The car is kept in the UK so it is easy to do this. Next outing is at Barcelona 8-10 April.
All the best
Marcus

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This is a photo taken by me! At Mosport at the 3rd Can Am event. There was a big accident at the first start and the nose was damaged. The team borrowed an unpainted nose for the restart. Gregory finished 10th.
Old 18 Mar 2011, 17:42 (Ref:2848255)   #105
Paulaweybridge
Veteran

United Kingdom
Paulaweybridge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaulaweybridge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Awesome Marcus.

Looking forward to seeing your car at Brands.

Good luck in April and thank you for the wonderful foto as well.
Old 9 Apr 2011, 21:30 (Ref:2861034)   #106
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TV Coverage

Coverage of this meeting is now being shown on Motors TV - started last night I think and is repeated a number of times in the coming days. Thought it was a good mix of driver interviews, Masters organiser inputs and decent amount of race coverage. Worth a watch if you get chance.
Old 10 Apr 2011, 19:13 (Ref:2861504)   #107
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Couldn't agree more, good coverage although a shame they missed Frank Lyons accident in the Lola.
Old 10 Apr 2011, 20:30 (Ref:2861544)   #108
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is Frank OK though Dave.
Old 11 Apr 2011, 07:29 (Ref:2861709)   #109
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah he was fine, something broke on the car which gave him an interesting moment or two, chatted with him afterwards and he was very philosophical about it. If it had been me in the car I'd of needed a new pair of underpants!