Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

SPA CLASSIC Peter Auto
Calendar: Historic Racing
Mike Bell
Race Official

17 May 2019 to 19 May 2019 06:30 to 17:00
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings

The first historic meeting of the year at Spa, and it's big. All Peter Auto grids, including the first race for the Global Endurance Legends cars.

Old 17 Apr 2019, 07:22 (Ref:3898158)   #2
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was wondering if anyone could be able to say why for the Spa Classic spectators are not allowed in on Friday.

I find this quite bizarre and dissapointing as I was planning to go all three days.If anyone could shed some light on the matter or a solution if its the case it would be much appreciated.
Old 17 Apr 2019, 07:33 (Ref:3898160)   #3
Alan Morgan
Subscriber
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
According the the Spa Summer Classic website there is free admission for spectators on all three days...

http://spasummerclassic.com/index.php/free-entrance/
Old 17 Apr 2019, 07:40 (Ref:3898161)   #4
Gerard C
Veteran

Wallis & Futuna
Paris area
Gerard C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Isn't Will taking about Spa Classic by Peter Auto, here?
https://peterauto.peter.fr/wp-conten...-timetable.pdf
If yes, it surely is a matter of insurance and people at the gates. This could increase the costs. Just my bet.
If you're looking for a solution, join a team, any team even a catering one or go the day before and hyde yourself…
Old 17 Apr 2019, 09:08 (Ref:3898176)   #5
Willmaz223
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Isn't Will taking about Spa Classic by Peter Auto, here?
https://peterauto.peter.fr/wp-conten...-timetable.pdf
If yes, it surely is a matter of insurance and people at the gates. This could increase the costs. Just my bet.
If you're looking for a solution, join a team, any team even a catering one or go the day before and hyde yourself…
Yes it is the Peter Auto event.

That was what my dad was saying.Annoyingly I don't really know anyone who goes to the Classic.

It's a shame as Friday is the best day really on my opinion and it was the main event for me this year.

Edit-Having looked at the event website it says the event is open all 3 days but my dad so its not.That tickets are only on the gate on Friday.Have to do some digging.

Last edited by Willmaz223; 17 Apr 2019 at 09:13.
Old 17 Apr 2019, 09:30 (Ref:3898178)   #6
Gerard C
Veteran

Wallis & Futuna
Paris area

Tickets? Why that? People there are nature oriented, just rent fancy dresses and pretend you're Chip and Dale the well known squirrels seen in Rescue Rangers. Bear in mind that one has a brown nose the other being black. Last recommendation stay away from raccoons rutting, they are legions at this time of the year! L'appel de la nature…
Old 17 Apr 2019, 09:36 (Ref:3898179)   #7
Willmaz223
Veteran

Quote:
Tickets? Why that? People there are nature oriented, just rent fancy dresses and pretend you're Chip and Dale the well known squirrels seen in Rescue Rangers. Bear in mind that one has a brown nose the other being black. Last recommendation stay away from raccoons rutting, they are legions at this time of the year! L'appel de la nature…
I'll take that into account .😁
Old 17 Apr 2019, 10:43 (Ref:3898185)   #8
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!
Just a bit of extra info regarding PA events- The entrant only gets 4 passes for an event and has to buy any extra required, so not much chance of a team having spare. Not sure if the spectator access and ‘gate money’ is a circuit thing, or PA. The Spa website link takes you to PA if you try to buy a ticket, but direct to ticketmaster for parking and camping..... Anyway, there will be insurance savings for the organiser if spectators not there, and it’s the same for teams getting in. Last year we were not allowed in on Wednesday as security and insurance weren’t booked and paid for until Thursday!
Old 17 Apr 2019, 10:44 (Ref:3898186)   #9
MartinH
Rookie

Luxembourg
Luxembourg
MartinH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willmaz223 View Post
Yes it is the Peter Auto event.

That was what my dad was saying.Annoyingly I don't really know anyone who goes to the Classic.

It's a shame as Friday is the best day really on my opinion and it was the main eve for me this year.

Edit-Having looked at the event website it says the event is open all 3 days but my dad so its not.That tickets are only on the gate on Friday.Have to do some digging.
Will, PA website links to adv ticket purchase, including a 3 day pass, so must be ok to spectate all 3 days.
Don't forget they rip you off eur 7 a day for parking each day !

We will be there with a yellow Alfa GTAm no. 58, in the HTC race, most probably based in the enduro garages, but not sure which one at the moment.

Call by to say hi.
MartinH
Old 17 Apr 2019, 10:49 (Ref:3898188)   #10
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinH View Post
Will, PA website links to adv ticket purchase, including a 3 day pass, so must be ok to spectate all 3 days.

MartinH
Martin is right- the ticketmaster list has a 3 day entry ticket at the bottom...

https://www.ticketmaster.be/artist/s...billets/968079
Old 17 Apr 2019, 10:51 (Ref:3898189)   #11
Willmaz223
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinH View Post

We will be there with a yellow Alfa GTAm no. 58, in the HTC race, most probably based in the enduro garages, but not sure which one at the moment.

Call by to say hi.
MartinH
Cannot wait,waited a year as I couldn't go last year due to GCSE.I'll make sure if I go.Afer all it is 3 days 😁.Just hope the entries are as good as Round 1.
Old 17 Apr 2019, 11:12 (Ref:3898190)   #12
Gerard C
Veteran

Wallis & Futuna
Paris area
While you're there drive or better ride the old circuit which was an open road. And learn what was Burnenville, Malmedy chicane, Masta and the real Stavelot. Before that try and find some pictures of what was the Raidillon in French or the Eau Rouge in… English!
MartinH has entered in the star of the event category, HTC series, hence it is scheduled on Sunday at 3PM. Dont worry if you see some scars on the cars, the first round is planed on Sat' at 10 PM… La nuit à Spa, tous les coups sont permis!
Old 17 Apr 2019, 12:17 (Ref:3898201)   #13
Kevin Cooke
Rookie

United Kingdom
London SW1
Kevin Cooke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hopefully I'll be there in CER 2 in my March 75S, supposedly finished this weekend! love Spa def my favourite circuit.

Best regards

Kevin
Old 17 Apr 2019, 13:08 (Ref:3898212)   #14
Willmaz223
Veteran

Quote:
While you're there drive or better ride the old circuit which was an open road. And learn what was Burnenville, Malmedy chicane, Masta and the real Stavelot. Before that try and find some pictures of what was the Raidillon in French or the Eau Rouge in… English!
MartinH has entered in the star of the event category, HTC series, hence it is scheduled on Sunday at 3PM. Dont worry if you see some scars on the cars, the first round is planed on Sat' at 10 PM… La nuit à Spa, tous les coups sont permis!
Yes the Night race.Gonna be good to watch,even better to race.
Old 17 Apr 2019, 13:10 (Ref:3898213)   #15
Willmaz223
Veteran

Thankyou all for the advice/tips.

Very much appreciated.

Will