Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 4 Jul 2006, 11:51 (Ref:1647939)   #1
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
New Farboud AF10 for GT Racing

Something interesting i have heard on the grapevine. Emotional Engineering , who currently run the Vauxhall Monaro in British GT's, may possibly look at running the Farboud AF10 in GT racing. I know they came very close to running the Farboud GTS before committing to the Monaro, and also know that team CEO Allen Orchard and Arash Farboud have been friends a long time. So, with the Monaro coming to the end of its programme, this would seem ideal timing for the team to take on the AF10 and race in GT's. The team were involved in the styling and chassis design from the outset, and as the AF10 will use the LS7 engine, this could be quite a potent racecar. There is definate credibility in this, and i will watch ( and listen ) with interest. What would your views on such a project be ?
Old 4 Jul 2006, 12:55 (Ref:1647988)   #2
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm all for a bit of variety. And an LS7 engined car should sound the business.
Old 4 Jul 2006, 13:24 (Ref:1648016)   #3
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If the car is as pretty as on the drawings it'll most certainly look the part. Bit of a mix of a Enzo, a Koenigsegg and a Carrera GT.

http://www.autoblog.com/2006/06/29/f...in-motor-show/
Old 4 Jul 2006, 17:56 (Ref:1648217)   #4
Audi R8R
Racer

Audi R8R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll believe it when I see it.
Do Emotional Engineering have the budget to take a car from scratch again and develop it? Look at what they went through with the Monaro, do they really want to do that again?