Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 29 Oct 2009, 08:55 (Ref:2571873)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Williams Facility in Doha

Obviously because I'm posting from there I found this interesting. Maybe we'll get some four wheeled motorsport here soon.

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlin.../10/10148.html
Old 29 Oct 2009, 10:25 (Ref:2571904)   #2
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Interesting development that I can't help thinking has something to do with backing either for the team as a whole or for the new facility.

Speaking generally for the UK I feel that this is just the sort of thing we need to develop here rather than send overseas. We cannot compete with the mass production of most things and so developing technology and selling it is something the UK has to do to create jobs here. I am all for free trade and congratulate Williams on this diversification to use knowledge gained from racing, something McLaren have done very well in the past.

The technology that the UK motorsport industry has developed over the last 50 years is very important and provides work and revenue. It should be encouraged by government and should not be allowed to slip away as our manufacturing industry has been allowed to slip away. The comparison with Germany is really very sad. The German government has not stood by and let its manufacturing industry decline but has somehow managed to keep it going whereas UK Governemnts of all complexions have taken little real action to keep industries like motor manufacturing, shipbuilding and even chemicals, pottery and textiles here. We are world class in motor sport related technology and with a Government Minister who is deeply involved in racing I would hope they would recognise the potential value to the UK economy of the industry, and the showpiece that is the British GP for example.

The Williams move is a tiny thing in the overall scheme of things and in the modern world of IT links putting that in Doha is a simple matter and it also strengthens the link with the area as an export market but I hope it is an isolated incident and not the start of a trend.

Sorry to bang on so but in my lifetime I have seen the decline in manufacturing in the UK get to the point where we rely on Bankers for wealth creation and see where that has got us. Mark my words!!!

End of rant

Last edited by old man; 29 Oct 2009 at 10:31.
Old 29 Oct 2009, 10:46 (Ref:2571910)   #3
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Good points all.