Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 9 Jan 2018, 23:27 (Ref:3791629)   #251
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
I havent slammed watson at all

and your definition of pro does not meet the 12 hour rule, so its irrelevant. Its a rule definition, not a dictionary definition. Watson is considered an AM under the rules (i really dont understand why people are trying to argue about that, its the rule of the event)

And im sure it is a good pro-am line up, however even by your definition of pro and am, only one Am is needed, not 2,
Thus its not going to be as good as others, some of who will have two gold/platinum drivers and only one silver
With you not being a journo or a team owner I dont understand your fascination with the rulebook regarding driver classifications. Not all Pros are equal and neither are all Ams but you obviously dont understand that. Take your head out of the book and just enjoy it for what it is- a damn good event.

Try and take an interest in young Watson even though hes not a Supercar driver
Old 9 Jan 2018, 23:41 (Ref:3791631)   #252
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nicky Bastin in 2014 was a great example of the troubles with reading to much into driver seeding. Unseeded driver by the regulations however lead the entire first stint and set a time of 2:04.9100. The fastest that car went all day despite being alongside Bernd Schneider and Maro Engel.
Old 9 Jan 2018, 23:56 (Ref:3791632)   #253
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
With you not being a journo or a team owner I dont understand your fascination with the rulebook regarding driver classifications. Not all Pros are equal and neither are all Ams but you obviously dont understand that. Take your head out of the book and just enjoy it for what it is- a damn good event.

Try and take an interest in young Watson even though hes not a Supercar driver
So what you are saying is yes Peckstar you are right, Watson is an AM in this event, however he may pretty quick.

Not sure why anyone is even bothering to argue about it He may be a professional driver in real life, but he is considered an AM (unseeded) in this event because he is silver classified
Old 10 Jan 2018, 00:00 (Ref:3791633)   #254
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
Nicky Bastin in 2014 was a great example of the troubles with reading to much into driver seeding. Unseeded driver by the regulations however lead the entire first stint and set a time of 2:04.9100. The fastest that car went all day despite being alongside Bernd Schneider and Maro Engel.
Funny you mention Bastian, hes up on the official Bathurst 12hr website's driver and ride board looking for a seat. He says he can race anything so probably not with AMG anymore.
Old 10 Jan 2018, 00:15 (Ref:3791634)   #255
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Quote:
So what you are saying is yes Peckstar you are right, Watson is an AM in this event, however he may pretty quick.

Not sure why anyone is even bothering to argue about it He may be a professional driver in real life, but he is considered an AM (unseeded) in this event because he is silver classified

The rulebook is not the only thing you should pull your head out of
Old 10 Jan 2018, 00:29 (Ref:3791636)   #256
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post

The rulebook is not the only thing you should pull your head out of
like wise the dictionary for you

Now lets talk racing, less than a month to go

Would be nice to have a few more driver announcments.

An diea of what the New MARCS are would be good as well
Old 10 Jan 2018, 12:47 (Ref:3791714)   #257
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Potential winner:

Strakka Racing - Mercedes-AMG GT3 - Maximillian Gotz / Maximillian Buhk / Alvaro Parente
Old 10 Jan 2018, 20:33 (Ref:3791822)   #258
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Tander joins Audi for Bathurst 12 Hour

Jamec Pem Racing - Audi R8 LMS - Garth Tander (Plat) / Kelvin van der Linde (Gold) / Frederic Vervisch (Gold)

Last edited by peckstar; 10 Jan 2018 at 20:56.
Old 10 Jan 2018, 21:59 (Ref:3791847)   #259
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post
Potential winner:

Strakka Racing - Mercedes-AMG GT3 - Maximillian Gotz / Maximillian Buhk / Alvaro Parente
Strong team

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2018/0...h-strakka.html
Old 10 Jan 2018, 22:35 (Ref:3791857)   #260
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
John Bowe returns to 12 Hour
Old 16 Jan 2018, 05:45 (Ref:3793042)   #261
nafe!
Racer

nafe! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So I come back literally months and months since my last login and mr peck is still dominating the conversations by fighting every single possible point to the death regardless of how minor😂

Can we move the aussie gt stuff to some latvian sub forum just to hide it from him?Just an idea to improve the forum.
Old 16 Jan 2018, 07:17 (Ref:3793048)   #262
Oldtony
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast Australia
Oldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nafe! View Post
So I come back literally months and months since my last login and mr peck is still dominating the conversations by fighting every single possible point to the death regardless of how minor��

Can we move the aussie gt stuff to some latvian sub forum just to hide it from him?Just an idea to improve the forum.
Can be frustrating nafe, but I think he has improved a great deal and occasionally draws attention to something we might not have noticed.
Unfortunately hiding the site tends to make it less used and therefore less useful.
Old 16 Jan 2018, 08:27 (Ref:3793051)   #263
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
So I come back literally months and months since my last login and mr peck is still dominating the conversations by fighting every single possible point to the death regardless of how minor��

goes away for 4 days, my previous two posts have been about team announcements. but the trolls are talking about peckstar

Seriously dude grow up and talk about the racing

Always takes two to argue
Old 16 Jan 2018, 09:00 (Ref:3793055)   #264
My Name Is Dwight
Rookie

My Name Is Dwight should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow such hostility!

Lets talk about the race
Old 16 Jan 2018, 09:24 (Ref:3793063)   #265
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name Is Dwight View Post
Wow such hostility!

Lets talk about the race
do it then

BMW win in my opinion

Entry List at 31 Dec

Think this lists shows 61 cars, is that an increase?
Old 16 Jan 2018, 09:46 (Ref:3793064)   #266
My Name Is Dwight
Rookie

My Name Is Dwight should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Craft Bamboo
Manthey
Jamec Pem
Old 16 Jan 2018, 10:00 (Ref:3793067)   #267
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:

Think this lists shows 61 cars, is that an increase?
you tell us, you know everything...
Old 16 Jan 2018, 10:38 (Ref:3793070)   #268
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
goes away for 4 days, my previous two posts have been about team announcements. but the trolls are talking about peckstar

Seriously dude grow up and talk about the racing

Always takes two to argue
It does take two to argue, and one of those two has to be you it seems
Old 16 Jan 2018, 10:59 (Ref:3793073)   #269
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post
It does take two to argue, and one of those two has to be you it seems
always two sides so be it. part of forums is discussion and debate, move on

any thoughts on the race though, or just want to talk about me

61 entries at 31 december, the biggest ever (at this stage)
Old 16 Jan 2018, 11:16 (Ref:3793075)   #270
D.R.T.
Veteran

A few still too drop off that list though.
Old 16 Jan 2018, 11:30 (Ref:3793081)   #271
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Quote:

Well that already has happened for the most part but I digress....
Old 16 Jan 2018, 13:33 (Ref:3793101)   #272
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

And everyone else is diverting the thread by talking about him. Easy, just don't. You can ignore what you don't want to read and any perceived problem then sorts itself out.

Meantime back to the thread. Marshals' instructions arrived. Haven't seen a sign on time that early since I gave up rally marshalling!
Old 16 Jan 2018, 14:07 (Ref:3793104)   #273
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Watching the 2017 race to get the juices for the race back. Looks like all of the major GT3 manufacturers are back accept for one major absence: Nissan. I hope some other youtube channel steps us to show the race. I doubt it will involve Nismo this time around. I'm sure it will happen though. The only other disappointment is no entries from Lexus and Acura. As usual, I will cheer for Mercedes, the most bad a$$ GT car on the planet. At least here Mercedes gets a fair shot to actually win unlike other places **cough*IMSA*cough***.

Spa in 2017 and the recently run Dubai showed that GT3 cars are starting look vulnerable on the reliability side of things. Look for GTD Daytona and Bathurst to perhaps be a sort of a war of attrition?
Old 16 Jan 2018, 15:18 (Ref:3793117)   #274
Bcarr6
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
Watching the 2017 race to get the juices for the race back. Looks like all of the major GT3 manufacturers are back accept for one major absence: Nissan. I hope some other youtube channel steps us to show the race. I doubt it will involve Nismo this time around. I'm sure it will happen though. The only other disappointment is no entries from Lexus and Acura. As usual, I will cheer for Mercedes, the most bad a$$ GT car on the planet. At least here Mercedes gets a fair shot to actually win unlike other places **cough*IMSA*cough***.

Spa in 2017 and the recently run Dubai showed that GT3 cars are starting look vulnerable on the reliability side of things. Look for GTD Daytona and Bathurst to perhaps be a sort of a war of attrition?
Pretty sure NISMO confirmed streaming even though no Nissan
Old 16 Jan 2018, 15:35 (Ref:3793121)   #275
GregUK
Racer

GregUK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post

Spa in 2017 and the recently run Dubai showed that GT3 cars are starting look vulnerable on the reliability side of things.
Paul Ricard 12 Hours last June showed just how much oil-smoke a Mercedes could make - more than once!!