Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 13 Sep 2011, 15:43 (Ref:2955005)   #251
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I have never seen two people run a race team before, so if Highcroft are the ones to run the DW what gives?
You'd actually be surprised... When Peka won the 24 hours of Spa a few years ago with the Vette they had 1 full-time employee and a bunch of weekend warriors...
Old 13 Sep 2011, 15:46 (Ref:2955008)   #252
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
You'd actually be surprised... When Peka won the 24 hours of Spa a few years ago with the Vette they had 1 full-time employee and a bunch of weekend warriors...
And in 2008 the RLM guys were consistently making a point about Virgo Motorsport (who incidentally took the LMS title in GT2 that season) having less than 5 full-time employees and everyone else being weekend warriors.
Old 13 Sep 2011, 15:50 (Ref:2955010)   #253
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Highcroft is still fishing for dollars.... Remain positive, send out PR, Hope, Hope, Hope....
Old 13 Sep 2011, 23:35 (Ref:2955194)   #254
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!
Anyone notice the tub...yeah, pretty sure that's an AMR-One tub. Couple of things, and before you say it, no, it's not a -02a tub (and pretty sure these shots come out of AAR). Second, notice the rocker mount recesses. That's the clue for a couple of reasons. First, -02a had torsion bars. But...more importantly, why would the Delta Wing have rocker recesses that far rearward when the front suspension is so far ahead of the tub? Delta Wing is using an off the shelf tub, and that's the explanation for the left hand drive to right hand drive swap.
Old 13 Sep 2011, 23:47 (Ref:2955198)   #255
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MulsanneMike View Post
Anyone notice the tub...yeah, pretty sure that's an AMR-One tub. Couple of things, and before you say it, no, it's not a -02a tub (and pretty sure these shots come out of AAR). Second, notice the rocker mount recesses. That's the clue for a couple of reasons. First, -02a had torsion bars. But...more importantly, why would the Delta Wing have rocker recesses that far rearward when the front suspension is so far ahead of the tub? Delta Wing is using an off the shelf tub, and that's the explanation for the left hand drive to right hand drive swap.
Wow, AMR-One tub? The performance associated with that thing would make me want to stay away! Not to say the tub was the issue with that car, but still!
Old 14 Sep 2011, 00:06 (Ref:2955203)   #256
davehenrie
Racer

United States
Post Falls Idaho(up in the Skinny part)
davehenrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddavehenrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Was Pekka campaigning a seasoned, well-sorted car that was developed over many years by the factory, or were they starting from scratch with a brand new concept, new engine format, new construction materials, new handling package? Just curious.

dh
Old 14 Sep 2011, 01:26 (Ref:2955225)   #257
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MulsanneMike View Post
Anyone notice the tub...yeah, pretty sure that's an AMR-One tub. Delta Wing is using an off the shelf tub, and that's the explanation for the left hand drive to right hand drive swap.
Ok, and oh brother. Could you conceivably graft on a delta thing proboscis on that tub and make it work? It would have a weight penalty because of the existing structure for the 'normal' suspension, so this half-weight concept seems to be fading a bit in the light of that photograph.
Old 14 Sep 2011, 01:45 (Ref:2955226)   #258
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe View Post
Ok, and oh brother. Could you conceivably graft on a delta thing proboscis on that tub and make it work? It would have a weight penalty because of the existing structure for the 'normal' suspension, so this half-weight concept seems to be fading a bit in the light of that photograph.
I think the weight from the hardpoints in the AMR-One's tub for conventional suspension would be inconsequential. But then this could also be a bespoke for Delta Wing monocoque sans inserts.
Old 14 Sep 2011, 03:02 (Ref:2955231)   #259
Try Hard
Veteran

China
Taicang
Try Hard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
IMO... using an off the shelf tub makes a lot of sense (although why use a AMR-One rather than a 01a given the Highcroft involvement, no idea). If anything, a little bit more credability... or am I dreaming?
Old 14 Sep 2011, 03:49 (Ref:2955235)   #260
KSR88
Rookie

United States
California
KSR88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How is using anything "off the shelf" in line with Garage 56 at LeMans. I guess Aston had alot of junk tubs left from their project that suffered from incorrect basic assumptions. At least they are bring the real car to Laguna.
Old 14 Sep 2011, 04:02 (Ref:2955238)   #261
davehenrie
Racer

United States
davehenrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddavehenrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSR88 View Post
How is using anything "off the shelf" in line with Garage 56 at LeMans. I guess Aston had alot of junk tubs left from their project that suffered from incorrect basic assumptions. At least they are bring the real car to Laguna.

Yes, the 'real' car, but with an engine severly detuned. Kinda like the last variation of the Audi R8. Merely a shadow of it's former self. We, the fan, would be better served by unleashing the 'old' engines. Let the Judd Wail at full song, let the Aston scream, don't force the cars to putz around.

(sorry, what was the topic of this thread again? )
Old 30 Sep 2011, 13:45 (Ref:2962953)   #262
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So it looks like the DeltaschWing has come out of the closet. Oh, and it will have Michelin rubber.

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...with-michelin/
Old 30 Sep 2011, 14:35 (Ref:2962970)   #263
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...ance-8413.html

Man , this just does not look safe to me .

Oh , and it looks bloody terrible !!!
Old 30 Sep 2011, 14:47 (Ref:2962978)   #264
Gil Abobeleira
Veteran

Gil Abobeleira should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That thing is so............

Old 30 Sep 2011, 14:57 (Ref:2962985)   #265
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGD View Post
So it looks like the DeltaschWing has come out of the closet. Oh, and it will have Michelin rubber.

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...with-michelin/
They should have stuck the Michelin Tyre Man in the cockpit; they missed a trick there.
Old 30 Sep 2011, 15:08 (Ref:2962989)   #266
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
I guess not putting mirrors on it was part of the weight savings!

It's LHD. That's interesting.
Old 30 Sep 2011, 15:31 (Ref:2962995)   #267
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
They'll use a 1.6T engine, given they'll use the AMR-One tub I wonder if they'll be using the Prodrive/BMW WRC engine?

In the flesh the car doesn't look as strange as the rendering, in fact when I saw it in the red livery my first thought was Panoz LMP1, not weird pointy thing.
Old 30 Sep 2011, 16:52 (Ref:2963014)   #268
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
in fact when I saw it in the red livery my first thought was Panoz LMP1
Wash your mouth out !!!
Old 30 Sep 2011, 23:13 (Ref:2963267)   #269
davehenrie
Racer

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...ance-8413.html

Oh , and it looks bloody terrible !!!

Sitting up on a pedestal, adds to the alien-ness of the car. Check out the Speed link listed above and at least you'll see the car roll out on tires. I'm waiting for Dave Richards to challenge the DW with his AMR-one. Caro y Caro.

dh
Old 1 Oct 2011, 00:45 (Ref:2963294)   #270
Carsandmotorracing
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
Carsandmotorracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Someone's going to get hurt in this. It doesn't look safe, and it's bloddy uglyt as well. I mean REALLY ugly.
Old 1 Oct 2011, 00:53 (Ref:2963296)   #271
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
In the flesh the car doesn't look as strange as the rendering, in fact when I saw it in the red livery my first thought was Panoz LMP1, cut in half.
Fixed that for ya
Old 1 Oct 2011, 16:29 (Ref:2963524)   #272
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm sorry, I'd like to be enthusiastic, but the darned thing is utterly hideous.......
Old 1 Oct 2011, 19:57 (Ref:2963785)   #273
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The ugly doesn't bug me because it says nothing of its raceiness, DPs are hideous but the racing is good( they are not prototypes like they claim though those are cars in a formula from 19xx tube frame protos really?) This thing is being exhibited to do what the design was not though to do or even designed despite the 'rFactor' sim showing it on a road course- it is an oval based Indy500 racer where special differential and narrow front could be pulled off. This will lap but at Audi/peugeot speeds no it will be discarded for that I think.if we are all wrong then this will still not lead the revolution as lightwwieght and smaller motor formula will work better as it is simply understood better statically and dynamically . The 4 wheel race trike spaceship design is an exercise.
Old 1 Oct 2011, 20:20 (Ref:2963801)   #274
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Sorry if it's already been covered in here but does anyone know about rearward visibility on this? I'm assuming it HAS to have wing mirrors still even if running outside regs? Or would a rear-facing onboard camera suffice?
Old 2 Oct 2011, 08:14 (Ref:2964232)   #275
Tom908V12
Veteran

France
Paris(France)
Tom908V12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would have prefered the electric or fuell cell proto to be chosen as 56th car at Le Mans