Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who is your driver of the race?
Vettel 36 64.29%
Webber 1 1.79%
Rosberg 3 5.36%
Grosjean 1 1.79%
Alonso 3 5.36%
di Resta 7 12.50%
Hamilton 0 0%
Massa 0 0%
Perez 0 0%
Sutil 0 0%
Maldonado 0 0%
Button 0 0%
Gutierrez 0 0%
Hulkenberg 0 0%
Bottas 0 0%
Ricciardo 0 0%
Vergne 0 0%
van der Garde 0 0%
Pic 0 0%
Bianchi 0 0%
Chilton 0 0%
Raikkonen 5 8.93%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 3 Nov 2013, 15:16 (Ref:3326567)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Driver of the race: Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

Who is your driver of the day?
Old 3 Nov 2013, 15:19 (Ref:3326569)   #2
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kimi of course! He didn't need to show off his talents today!!
Old 3 Nov 2013, 17:04 (Ref:3326612)   #3
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Vettel. Crushed everyone !!

Honestly, how does a driver gain a 28 second gap in 22 laps over his team mate in the same equipment ?
Old 3 Nov 2013, 17:40 (Ref:3326623)   #4
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post

Honestly, how does a driver gain a 28 second gap in 22 laps over his team mate in the same equipment ?
I think some of it is that the equipment is optimized in its design for Vettel.
Old 3 Nov 2013, 18:06 (Ref:3326632)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Pete View Post
Kimi of course! He didn't need to show off his talents today!!
Getting just a tad silly now Pete......

I'll give DiResta that one. Good show.

Quote:

A question I asked those watching with me. They couldn't answer it either.....
Old 3 Nov 2013, 19:53 (Ref:3326673)   #6
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Vettel. Couldn't possibly be anyone else. Well done to di Resta though.
Old 3 Nov 2013, 19:57 (Ref:3326676)   #7
andy666
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
andy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridandy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Vettel , and well done to Di Resta and Massa
Old 3 Nov 2013, 20:15 (Ref:3326694)   #8
REALIST
Racer

REALIST has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I voted for Kimi, for demonstrating what we all truly know, that it's not worth watching any more.
Old 3 Nov 2013, 20:21 (Ref:3326698)   #9
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Di Resta or Vettel. Hmmm, I don't know, I'll plump for one of them.
Old 3 Nov 2013, 20:24 (Ref:3326701)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Oh you silly plumper you........!!
Old 3 Nov 2013, 21:11 (Ref:3326722)   #11
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

Did the 'same equipment' have an operating KERS system?
Nope? I am shocked!
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 3 Nov 2013, 22:33 (Ref:3326751)   #12
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
oh yeah, er... Vettel.
Old 3 Nov 2013, 22:36 (Ref:3326753)   #13
Mr V
Veteran

England
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMightyM View Post
I think some of it is that the equipment is optimized in its design for Vettel.
Wasn't optimised for him yesterday when Webber got pole ?
Old 3 Nov 2013, 22:43 (Ref:3326757)   #14
Mr V
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Did the 'same equipment' have an operating KERS system?
Nope? I am shocked!
KERS accounts for 0.3 seconds per lap, yet Mark was losing over 1 second
Old 3 Nov 2013, 22:46 (Ref:3326759)   #15
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Oh blimey........
Old 3 Nov 2013, 23:38 (Ref:3326768)   #16
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Let's not lose sleep over it, right ?
Old 3 Nov 2013, 23:46 (Ref:3326772)   #17
jsTrecu
Veteran

jsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Vettel, seven in a row and counting...
Old 3 Nov 2013, 23:55 (Ref:3326776)   #18
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:

Genius!

"Vettel. Crushed everyone !!"
Old 4 Nov 2013, 00:46 (Ref:3326792)   #19
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Stollen because it's German and some local retail outlets told me it was nearly Christmas and doughnuts because they're American, the American Grand Prix is next and they are also a part of motorsport and F1.

And although it's expensive, the F.I.A. have shown that they do at least not think a doughnut is worth $25,000.

Edit: Vettel.

Last edited by Born Racer; 4 Nov 2013 at 01:26. Reason: Wrong thread. Meant for the cookery forum.
Old 4 Nov 2013, 01:01 (Ref:3326793)   #20
Danny27
Rookie

Argentina
Buenos Aires
Danny27 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Vettel for me this time
Old 4 Nov 2013, 03:12 (Ref:3326822)   #21
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Alonso took the risk...
Old 4 Nov 2013, 03:21 (Ref:3326823)   #22
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
KERS accounts for 0.3 seconds per lap, yet Mark was losing over 1 second
Mr Webber finished 28 odd seconds behind in a 55 laps race... that's not exactly a second a lap...
Old 4 Nov 2013, 03:34 (Ref:3326824)   #23
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The bird than Kimi was rushing back to his hotel room to shag. She was obviously more exciting to him than staying and watching an F1 race.

Clearly, ain't a fan of F1 are ya Kimi?

But otherwise Vettel. First race in years that I haven't watched live - I'm not getting up 2am for that, and I'm even a Vettel fan.
Old 4 Nov 2013, 03:37 (Ref:3326825)   #24
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Mr Webber finished 28 odd seconds behind in a 55 laps race... that's not exactly a second a lap...
Yeah but he'd built that 28sec in 22 laps. The remaining he was just cruising to maintain it.

By the way what's the signature quote from Lauda? Is that real or just made up?
Old 4 Nov 2013, 04:59 (Ref:3326841)   #25
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzzor View Post

By the way what's the signature quote from Lauda? Is that real or just made up?
From the movie, Rush