Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 27 Feb 2001, 13:04 (Ref:66977)   #1
Lemmy
Rookie

Lemmy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So just to kick off, how does this sound for a good F1 if the FIA got there bums into gear. customer engines all round,(just coz I wanna see Minardi do well) ban refuelling all driver aids except active suspension, Big cars, FAT SLICKS and get rid of the Hungaroring
Old 27 Feb 2001, 13:15 (Ref:66979)   #2
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Welcome, Lemmy. Are your Head banging days over?

I agree with many of your proposals, but I think the idea that CART has that each engine supplier is required to service more than one team might be a better solution. Already Honda and Ferrari are doing their part, Daimler Chrysler needs to take on another team and Renault should have kept the Supertech supply going.
But I'm all for slicks and NO driver aids, manaul gearboxes and reduced downforce. (No offense intended, Downforce)
Old 27 Feb 2001, 15:09 (Ref:66986)   #3
Marshal
Veteran

Marshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
While we're on a roll why don't we get rid of telemetry too. I'm sure the ammount of data available mitigates against supprises. If everyone had to guess what was going on and rely on driver feedback I think we'd see more varied results.

Old 27 Feb 2001, 16:02 (Ref:66991)   #4
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Personally I agree with Niki Lauda on this subject. (That's a first, incidentally). However, I doubt very much if the current grid of pilots, with one or two exceptions, would be able to handle these changes.

I have recently been told about an article that was written when the last round of drive-by-remote-control experiments happened, in which a story of a race was told where all existing automatic systems were used and when the winning car pulled into Parc Ferme, the pilot was discovered to be dead. Does anyone have a copy of this? It seems it is trenchant once again.
Old 27 Feb 2001, 17:46 (Ref:67002)   #5
Orange
Racer

Orange should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
WOW

Is this really true, Liz???? If so, is that really where Bernie 'n Max want F1 to go??? I think its high time to get someone who is just nuts about racing in charge over there.... Anyone want the job??!!
Old 27 Feb 2001, 17:57 (Ref:67005)   #6
GURRYP
Racer

GURRYP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lets make the rules/reg more open, to allow a greater variety of engine design. I know we always seem to end up with 1 design, but why is F1 now limited to 3l n/a V10's ??

Weren't things better when we had V8 V12 Flat12 & V6 turbo's ??

Definetly get rid of telemetry. Keep the best drivers trade secrets, secret.

Old 27 Feb 2001, 20:14 (Ref:67036)   #7
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Welcome to 10 Tenths, Lemmy.

As your proposals go, I agree. It's about time we saw something a bit more exciting going on, instead of Max Mosley's "Let's reduce the speed of the cars" rubbish. Have I missed something here, because I was under the impression that F1 cars were supposed to be fast?
Old 27 Feb 2001, 22:15 (Ref:67081)   #8
Lemmy
Rookie

Hey my head banging days may be over, but I'm still a Motorhead.
Thats not a Bad idea for the telemetry, might as well make schuey work for his god knows how much. Dunno 'bout the downforce though 'coz CART has loads (ground effect and all that) so maybe its just the way you get it.
Old 27 Feb 2001, 22:18 (Ref:67082)   #9
Lemmy
Rookie

Oh yeah and cheers for the welcomes. And how about the old nurburgring as a cat among pigeons