Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 20 Mar 2024, 00:55 (Ref:4201926)   #76
Petoli
Racer

United Kingdom
Petoli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I suspect we will have a few announcements before the season launch and at the launch itself

Sport77 was announced last week as official agent for JAS Honda in the UK and the article about it said that they were expected to announce 2 more drivers in the coming weeks

Perhaps they maybe some FL5 Civics
Old 20 Mar 2024, 13:28 (Ref:4201982)   #77
coffinpilot
Racer

coffinpilot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There was talk from some Mini racers testing at Croft today that someone associated with the JCW championship is inked in for a Sport 77 seat.
Old 21 Mar 2024, 16:03 (Ref:4202134)   #78
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
https://www.tcr-uk.co.uk/joe-marshal...-title-charge/

Joe Marshall now confirmed with the same Audi.
Old 27 Mar 2024, 12:08 (Ref:4202972)   #79
coffinpilot
Racer

15 drivers now registered by TCR UK (One or two doing part time I think?) Six entries remaining to be filled.

Media day tomorrow, I won't be there, but I'm at Snetterton today to watch the WSR BMW lot, and four names have popped up in relation to free TCR seats while chatting with the tin top crowd - Jamey Tonks, Senna Proctor, Oliver Cottam and James Griffith.
Old 27 Mar 2024, 13:21 (Ref:4202984)   #80
Rubio
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Rubio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Shame that many fast drivers are missing from the entry list (Winfield, Shepherd, Constable).

Brickley tested a Cupra Leon (VZ?) at Barcelona a few weeks ago, wonder if he could be looking for a seat elsewhere in Europe. Or become the second Area driver?

Interestingly, just 2 Hyundai cars are registered.
Old 27 Mar 2024, 13:34 (Ref:4202987)   #81
Redron
Rookie

Redron should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was thinking the same.

5 tcr race winners mentioned in the last 2 posts not in the series or at the moment in any other series is a shame.

Maybe the 2nd area seat is one of them.
Old 28 Mar 2024, 20:04 (Ref:4203196)   #82
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://www.tcr-uk.co.uk/alex-jones-...LQXPI4lSTf7fu8

Alex Jones joins the TCR grid, Michael Crees is involved possibly driver coaching
Old 29 Mar 2024, 14:12 (Ref:4203302)   #83
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffinpilot View Post
15 drivers now registered by TCR UK (One or two doing part time I think?) Six entries remaining to be filled.

Media day tomorrow
how come there is no entry list put out at media day or have i missed it?
Old 29 Mar 2024, 14:25 (Ref:4203303)   #84
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by touring fan01 View Post
how come there is no entry list put out at media day or have i missed it?
They posted one on Twitter and I assume other social media yesterday / the day before. Still 6 TBCs

https://x.com/tcruk_series/status/17...T11pmdgnSSDQzA

Last edited by Evantra; 29 Mar 2024 at 14:47.
Old 29 Mar 2024, 16:37 (Ref:4203319)   #85
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
thanks

it doesnt classify which ones are class b and also which ones are not full season entries like alex jones for example

anyone help me with that?
Old 29 Mar 2024, 16:45 (Ref:4203323)   #86
SSmith
Veteran

SSmith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by touring fan01 View Post
thanks

it doesnt classify which ones are class b and also which ones are not full season entries like alex jones for example

anyone help me with that?
Will Beech, Jeff Alden, Cedric Bloch, Simon Mauger, Mark Smith and Rick Kerry are all in Gen 1 Cup. The TBAs from DW Racing, Ben Sharpe Racing, and Capture Motorsport will also be in Gen 1 Cup.
Old 29 Mar 2024, 16:47 (Ref:4203324)   #87
coffinpilot
Racer

Luke Sargant is a part time entry.
Old 29 Mar 2024, 17:25 (Ref:4203327)   #88
touring fan01
Veteran

thanks
so thats

6 gen1 class full season entries
9 outright class full season entries

2 part time entries
4 gen1 class tbas

wish their entry list marked which was which!
Old 6 Apr 2024, 10:15 (Ref:4204013)   #89
coffinpilot
Racer

This Viktor Andersson racing a single Lynk and Co story sounds interesting. From what I've heard Proalloys are struggling a bit with the car so he's in to replace Bensely, but the team wanted both in the two cars with Viktor there to show the pace of the car to prospective drivers for the rest of the season.
It already has the sounds of a disaster for the year coming. I have a feeling it will not be on the pace this year.

https://www.tcr-uk.co.uk/viktor-ande...s-hatch-debut/
Old 6 Apr 2024, 15:20 (Ref:4204017)   #90
SSmith
Veteran

Quote:
This Viktor Andersson racing a single Lynk and Co story sounds interesting. From what I've heard Proalloys are struggling a bit with the car so he's in to replace Bensely, but the team wanted both in the two cars with Viktor there to show the pace of the car to prospective drivers for the rest of the season.
It already has the sounds of a disaster for the year coming. I have a feeling it will not be on the pace this year.

It certainly doesn't sound that positive for the team and their prospects. BUT thinking positively for the series and for people watching, it will be nice to have a TCR Europe and TCR Scandinavia regular competing in the UK, even if its only for one weekend. With their experience of the Lynk & Co, Viktor and Mattias Andersson should be able to help Pro Alloys work through any issues. If issues persist after support from the Anderssons - then I would be concerned for the programme.
Old 6 Apr 2024, 16:06 (Ref:4204018)   #91
Adamcas87
Racer

England
Old hairpin
Adamcas87 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAdamcas87 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

They need help setting it up as it’s the same car he used it TCR Europe
What’s wrong with that?
Old 6 Apr 2024, 16:45 (Ref:4204020)   #92
coffinpilot
Racer

Nothing wrong with that at all, there are a couple of cars over the years in TCR UK that could have done with a bit more input from more experienced operators in that way.

If it is as complicated as one driver who tested (and will race a different TCR car instead) believes it to be then I think it'll be a struggle with one driver (a fast one) with no TCR experience.

I honestly wish someone like Josh Files had could have got the budget for the drive, or one of the BTCC drivers who went to the Porsche Cup, or a Proctor or Butcher, or a missing TCR driver like Constable or Winfield. That kind of experience would make all the difference.

I'm just basing my opinion second hand from people in the TCR paddock who've said the reason they missed media day is that the team are not ready, for those reasons. I guess we'll know by this time next week whether that is a plank of an opinion or not.

I really hope Viktor puts in enough of a performance to 'sell' the drive in the second car to someone with the experience to lead.
Old 8 Apr 2024, 15:17 (Ref:4204230)   #93
annasto
Rookie

annasto should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Adam Shepherd back for another year in a new Cupra with Area Motorsport. Good to have another race winner back

https://www.tcr-uk.co.uk/adam-shephe...a-2024-season/

Sent from my Pixel 7a using Tapatalk
Old 8 Apr 2024, 15:38 (Ref:4204232)   #94
SSmith
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by annasto View Post
Adam Shepherd back for another year in a new Cupra with Area Motorsport. Good to have another race winner back

https://www.tcr-uk.co.uk/adam-shephe...a-2024-season/

Sent from my Pixel 7a using Tapatalk
Excellent news
Old 9 Apr 2024, 19:52 (Ref:4204395)   #95
stuart thompson
Veteran

England
Northfleet, Kent
stuart thompson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So how many cars can I expect too see in qualifying on Saturday?
Old 10 Apr 2024, 16:39 (Ref:4204494)   #96
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brad Thurston joining the TCR grid in an Audi with Sport77

https://www.tcr-uk.co.uk/bradley-thu...Bg1tPZ4IRUD0p0
Old 10 Apr 2024, 20:14 (Ref:4204527)   #97
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Entry list for Brands Hatch

1CARL BOARDLEYCBM WITH HART GTCUPRA LEON COMPETICION TCR
11ALEX JONESGO-FIX HONDA BY SPORT77HONDA CIVIC TYPE-R
16CALLUM NEWSHAMJH RACINGHYUNDAI I30 N TCR
17BRAD HUTCHISONMPH RACINGCUPRA LEON COMPETICION TCR
18SIMON MAUGERMAUGER MOTORSPORTCUPRA TCR
19JEFFREY ALDENMATRIX MOTORSPORT WITH DW RACINGOPEL ASTRA TCR
20VIKTOR ANDERSSONPRO ALLOYS RACINGLYNK & CO 03 TCR
22RICK KERRYEDF MOTORSPORTCUPRA TCR
27WILLIAM BEECHCAPTURE MOTORSPORTVOLKSWAGEN GOLF GTI TCR
28BRADLEY THURSTONSPORT77AUDI RS3 LMS TCR SEQ
50DARELLE WILSONDW RACINGVAUXHALL ASTRA TCR
77MARK SMITHRICHMOND FIRE MOTORSPORTCUPRA TCR
99JOSEPH MARSHALL-BIRKSROB BOSTON RACINGAUDI RS3 LMS TCR GEN II
111RYAN BENSLEYPRO ALLOYS RACINGLYNK & CO 03 TCR
115LUKE SARGEANTR.S VEHICLE SALES WITH AREA MOTORSPORTCUPRA LEON COMPETICION TCR
117ADAM SHEPHERDAREA MOTORSPORT WITH SHEPHERD MOTORSCUPRA LEON COMPETICION TCR
285DARRON LEWISDLR WITH JH RACINGHYUNDAI I30 N TCR

https://brscc.co.uk/wp-content/uploa...April-2024.pdf
Old 10 Apr 2024, 22:26 (Ref:4204547)   #98
coffinpilot
Racer

So are the wheels are coming off the Will Powell wagon?
He's not entered, but the guy who is supposed to be making his ace debut later this year is in his car?
Cedric Bloch isn't there, but someone else is racing the car instead?
Old 11 Apr 2024, 09:39 (Ref:4204592)   #99
SSmith
Veteran

Quote:
So are the wheels are coming off the Will Powell wagon?
He's not entered, but the guy who is supposed to be making his ace debut later this year is in his car?
Cedric Bloch isn't there, but someone else is racing the car instead?
The funny thing is that the entry list contradicts multiple previous TCR UK press releases. First of all, wasn't Bensley supposedly missing Brands Hatch? Then in yesterday's Brad Thurston announcement on the TCR UK website, Will Powell is quoted as saying “With Cedric Bloch and Alex Jones starting later in the season, we’re building up to run four entries, two Audi RS3 Gen1s and two Go-Fix Honda FK7s, by the end of the year which is in line with the organic growth of our challenger team.”

That contradicts previous statements made by that team, that are then contradicted by the entry list! Goodness knows what exactly is going on.

Looking at the entry as a whole, 17 entries is OK - assuming they all show up! By my count its 10 "new" TCR cars and 7 "Gen1" cars.
Old 11 Apr 2024, 09:44 (Ref:4204595)   #100
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSmith View Post
The funny thing is that the entry list contradicts multiple previous TCR UK press releases. First of all, wasn't Bensley supposedly missing Brands Hatch? Then in yesterday's Brad Thurston announcement on the TCR UK website, Will Powell is quoted as saying “With Cedric Bloch and Alex Jones starting later in the season, we’re building up to run four entries, two Audi RS3 Gen1s and two Go-Fix Honda FK7s, by the end of the year which is in line with the organic growth of our challenger team.”

That contradicts previous statements made by that team, that are then contradicted by the entry list! Goodness knows what exactly is going on.

Looking at the entry as a whole, 17 entries is OK - assuming they all show up! By my count its 10 "new" TCR cars and 7 "Gen1" cars.
Didn’t think Wilson was meant to be back either!