Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Closed Thread

Old 27 Aug 2001, 19:02 (Ref:136630)   #51
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
If the driver/sponsors are paying for it all there's nothing stopping us all putting our hands in our pockets and making a donation to charity. At Rockingham today they were charging nearly £60 for 3 laps in a Richard Petty Experience NASCAR. We'll all happily pay £20-25 for a Touring Car, Powertour or whatever meeting. Surely it's not too much to ask to shell out another £20 for this.
Old 27 Aug 2001, 19:04 (Ref:136632)   #52
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
That's a large sum of money. Maybe it's best to enter on the public day on the Sunday and for us to just pre book a few slots in our favourite cars ? That way WE pay and not the driver...
Old 27 Aug 2001, 20:58 (Ref:136698)   #53
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It seems only fair we put our hands in our pockets.
If I remember correctly Rick was given a load of tickets for the corporate day (and didn't actually use them all). Someone should do the maths and see whether the driver paying the cash upfront and dividing it up amongst us is better than all of us paying seperatly.
Old 27 Aug 2001, 21:32 (Ref:136719)   #54
Chris Y
Nature's servant
Veteran

United Kingdom
Over there, over here
Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Craig Antill
That's a large sum of money. Maybe it's best to enter on the public day on the Sunday and for us to just pre book a few slots in our favourite cars ? That way WE pay and not the driver...
That's the way it's going to have to work for my laps.. I can't stump up 700 squid!

So I'll be relying on the organisers to sort it all out for me. If I recall, last year it was 10 quid per go, but you had to take whatever ride was available, although you can pay an extra tenner to nominate a driver - this is how we got a few laps in the Minis last year.
Old 28 Aug 2001, 07:57 (Ref:136918)   #55
RickP:Clio51
Veteran

England
Zurich
RickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Folks,
It is a pleasure to offer rides to the fans who had given us such active support during the year.
I think I did suggest that people who felt the need to contribute put a donation in the pot at signing on and I would like to encourage that again this year.
I don't think I would want to impose a fee as it is our way of saying thank you!
We are fortunate that our sponsors, in particular freeparking.co.uk and NTWebhost.co.uk give us a budget to include the charity day as the true cost when entry, tyres and mechanics plus transport and wear-and-tear are taken into account is quite significant...
Cheers
RickP
Old 28 Aug 2001, 19:30 (Ref:137187)   #56
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Has the charity day always been held at Snetterton? I know it was last year. If it is traditionally held at Snetterton, why? I'd love to head along, but the idea of trekking from Lancashire to Norfolk in the middle of November is not really my idea of fun
Old 28 Aug 2001, 19:47 (Ref:137194)   #57
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
That's really very generous of your sponsors, Rick I do agree with the donation bit though...

So who gets first run in the V6 then ? Definately put me down for a go!!
Old 29 Aug 2001, 07:06 (Ref:137502)   #58
Veteran

England
Zurich
RickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just noticed it clashes with the winter series for the Clio 172... that may cause a problem...
Else you are booked in Mr Turtill.
R
Old 29 Aug 2001, 22:02 (Ref:138086)   #59
Chris Y
Nature's servant
Veteran

United Kingdom
Over there, over here
Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by RickP:Clio51
Just noticed it clashes with the winter series for the Clio 172... that may cause a problem...
Why? You're planning to race the V6 in it? I thought you'd sold both 172s?
Old 29 Aug 2001, 22:17 (Ref:138110)   #60
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Chris Y
Why? You're planning to race the V6 in it?
Now there's an idea. Just need someone to distract the scutineer at the right moment.
Old 30 Aug 2001, 06:59 (Ref:138292)   #61
Veteran

England
Zurich
Mmm, like your thinking Reds
That'd scare the little b*ggers on the straights wouldn't it?
Chris, Mr Fish has Jim Jrs Championship winning Clio for hire for the Winter Series, I won't be in it, but someone we know might be...
R
Old 4 Sep 2001, 17:44 (Ref:141230)   #62
WoodyTJ
Veteran

WoodyTJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ok so what's the plan.

I've got a slight problem ...... as some of you know I couldn't make it last year due to a friends wedding. Well I've been invited to another friends evening reception and yep its on the 17th November .... think someone is trying to tell me that I shouldn't go!

Anyway I would still like to go - but before I go and book the hotel I just wanted to check it was going ahead?
Old 4 Sep 2001, 21:53 (Ref:141417)   #63
Chris Y
Nature's servant
Veteran

United Kingdom
Over there, over here
We invited you first Woody Yes, it is still on as far as I know..
Old 4 Sep 2001, 22:25 (Ref:141444)   #64
Lorna
Veteran

Lorna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What are you like, babes! (says the person who has missed a wedding and a christening this year because of Mondello and Knockhill!)

I'm going to be there. Can I have a read, please, in:

Chris's car

and

Rick's car

and

John's car

hehe!
Old 4 Sep 2001, 22:30 (Ref:141451)   #65
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Lorna, is having a read in the car a way to avoid nerves
Once again, all I can say is why does this have to be at Snetterton I want to go
Old 5 Sep 2001, 06:53 (Ref:141572)   #66
Veteran

England
Zurich
Still up for debate at this time... waiting for a decision...
You'll be the first to know...
RickP
Old 5 Sep 2001, 10:17 (Ref:141631)   #67
pb btcc
Veteran

pb btcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
17th november is a week after my birthday so I might see what i can do.
Old 5 Sep 2001, 17:27 (Ref:141954)   #68
WoodyTJ
Veteran

WoodyTJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Lorna
What are you like?
I must be mad/crazy for wanting a go in all 3 cars.
Old 10 Sep 2001, 20:20 (Ref:144596)   #69
Rache
Racer

Rache should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
wow big engine

Rick after seeing that MONSTER engine and sitting in your car you have to put me down for a few laps......how does one go about booking a place, is it a first come first served basis?? Will gladly pay for a spin!

PS Can I drive.....
Old 11 Sep 2001, 07:18 (Ref:144793)   #70
Veteran

England
Zurich
No.

It did look a bit fierce alongside the baby clio though didn't it?

I'll try and confirm we are going to be there.

Rick
Old 11 Sep 2001, 11:59 (Ref:144885)   #71
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I bagsied my go in the Integra aaaaages ago , I'd love a go in Rick's lurrrrrvely Clio too pllllllllease...
Old 11 Sep 2001, 12:23 (Ref:144899)   #72
Veteran

England
Zurich
Sorry, but I have been asked to not let anyone ever sit in the V6 again.
It seems someone mistook a rear engined VW Caravelle for a rear engined Clio V6 and was trying to corner it in a similar fashion?

Of course I shall consider that quality grovel for a place Mr Fan. Still trying to get confirmation that we will be going...
RickP
Old 11 Sep 2001, 15:40 (Ref:144951)   #73
BAR Babe
Racer

BAR Babe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Crikey Rick you weren't in the thing!
It was a very, well, entertaining experience.

I did however not need a change of underwear so think i did well and am getting in training for anything anyone would like to do to me on the Charity day.....OH PLEASE!!!...?

As I mentioned, as long as it isn't Mr. Antill driving i'm up for it.
The more i think about it, the more i'd like a go.
I feel i ought to start saving!!!

After hearing that beast of a machine against the little clio's on Saturday, its just left me wanting to see more!

Here Rick, if your considering grovelling requests for rides... I DID tell you i'd trust you to take me round in that beast of a machine of yours...
I would go with the i'm young, female, nubile, reasonably inteligent with a good sence of humour, but you've met me now so i've completly beggared that one up!!!

Roll on November!
Old 11 Sep 2001, 17:13 (Ref:144972)   #74
pb btcc
Veteran

pb btcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
which car to choose hmmmmmmmm Interga or V6 or any the others.
Old 11 Sep 2001, 21:21 (Ref:145071)   #75
Chris Y
Nature's servant
Veteran

United Kingdom
Over there, over here
You can always have another go, pb

I'm still waiting for the information to come through from the organiser.. I'll give him a tinkle tomorrow I reckon.. And possibly a phone call as well
Closed Thread