Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 6 Apr 2021, 02:39 (Ref:4044764)   #51
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
That is pretty awesome, but didn't we have the same in the past for less money?
Not even close on square footage and frontage. We have about 4x the space and 4x the frontage for about 10x the cost. You and I should start a GoFundMe for these fools that pulled the trigger when they did!
Old 6 Apr 2021, 09:53 (Ref:4044785)   #52
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Better make the most of the extra space then. All that money needs to be worth it. Not sure if a GoFundMe would work, but you can try
Old 6 Apr 2021, 12:00 (Ref:4044809)   #53
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think it is 118' in theory, the spots are 18'x50'. Although why 18' as it seems 20' would be better for all and accommodate a canopy/awning and RV. And I guess RVs like Mark the Postman are screwed since he'll be out the back and have to buy an additional spot since I'm sure his bus and trailer are over 50' long.

But I think next year I'll buy the pass and select an additional parking pass instead of early entry, or just pay for the parking and let someone use it for Petit and Mitty since I do like not wanting in line and taking my time to set up. Especially since next year will be $600/spot for the season IF there's no increase, getting to be expensive to drink in comfort trackside
Old 26 Apr 2021, 18:16 (Ref:4047959)   #54
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ok, be ready for it. Kemp has signed the Daylight Saving bill into law for Georgia to go to permanent DST. Federal law blocks it from becoming official but there is a movement to change that law and 14 states have DST permanent laws already.

https://www.ajc.com/politics/permane...N6VKND3DVZROY/

Sorry, that's 32 states who have passed permanent DST laws. And a bipartisan group has proposed the Sunshine Protection Act of 2021 in Congress to make the entire country stay on DST. So stay tuned, the time may not change the Sunday of Petit week everyone
Old 27 Apr 2021, 01:12 (Ref:4048017)   #55
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Ok, be ready for it. Kemp has signed the Daylight Saving bill into law for Georgia to go to permanent DST. Federal law blocks it from becoming official but there is a movement to change that law and 14 states have DST permanent laws already.

https://www.ajc.com/politics/permane...N6VKND3DVZROY/

Sorry, that's 32 states who have passed permanent DST laws. And a bipartisan group has proposed the Sunshine Protection Act of 2021 in Congress to make the entire country stay on DST. So stay tuned, the time may not change the Sunday of Petit week everyone
I have long supported the elimination of this relic law. Why move your clock forward in the spring just so you can move it back in the fall? It's pretty much how I feel about pants, why do I put them on in the morning just so I take them off at night?
Old 27 Apr 2021, 01:57 (Ref:4048020)   #56
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Again. Pants *snigger*
Old 13 May 2021, 13:56 (Ref:4051471)   #57
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
scottypinthemix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
we'll still maintain our normal real estate outside turn 10 (blue circle) that we've had for 20+ years, but there are a couple new additions to the family.
We got 2 side-by-side Reserved RV spots just behind. (red marks)
A lot of us are all old AF and the days of sleeping in a tent on uneven ground are done. The young'ins of the group can have at it.
We'll still setup the ez-up village, the movie screen and the kitchens on the old spot.
renting a couple RVs on outdoorsy will be an added expense, but well worth it IMHO.
Attached Thumbnails
RA.PNG  
Old 13 May 2021, 19:24 (Ref:4051533)   #58
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
See that muddy spot next the the tree just above the 4 in Turn 4, the only dirt in the entire area? Yeah, that where some fat guy decided to camp and enjoy the muddy mess that is Road Atlanta.

Oh, and our new reserved spots go from that tree along the road to the next dirt patch above the motorcycle chicane entrance
Old 13 May 2021, 20:46 (Ref:4051542)   #59
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
We’re pretty close to booking flights getting people over here and going. Pretty confident of travel by then and it looks like you can get refundable flights easily.

Still got room for a car and a tent?
Old 13 May 2021, 21:17 (Ref:4051546)   #60
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Yes sir, we will save a bit of space even if joeb has to park elsewhere. Oh wait, he's a mod so I have to be nice or get booted off the forum and I can't stir the pot any longer for fun. I'll be there tuesday with my reserved spot and saving extra space based on numbers of camping passes purchased, even if i have to measure out the space and be obnoxious so no one wants to camp near
Old 13 May 2021, 22:06 (Ref:4051550)   #61
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Bloody brilliant.
Old 13 May 2021, 23:50 (Ref:4051556)   #62
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
May have to think on things and plan another good race day bit of cooking. I'll definitely have to bring the big grill instead of the walkabout then as well.
Old 14 May 2021, 02:53 (Ref:4051573)   #63
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
May have to think on things and plan another good race day bit of cooking. I'll definitely have to bring the big grill instead of the walkabout then as well.
I'm listening.....
Old 14 May 2021, 18:38 (Ref:4051702)   #64
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
I expect a tasting of these offerings at the track, assuming prices will be much lower in Louisiana so someone better get on it

https://robbreport.com/food-drink/sp...ntury-2817790/
Old 16 May 2021, 15:25 (Ref:4051920)   #65
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Bloody brilliant.
I can't believe you have to wait until November for this race this year, but I'm already looking forward to it!

Quote:
walking past the apartments by our house the other day I saw a walk about sitting there and I thought of the 1-year when you brought the big Weber.

Quote:
I expect a tasting of these offerings at the track, assuming prices will be much lower in Louisiana so someone better get on it

https://robbreport.com/food-drink/sp...ntury-2817790/
THose are almost all out of my price range!
Old 17 May 2021, 01:13 (Ref:4051993)   #66
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Yeah, I woulda brought it last year but reduced numbers meant walkabout would work. This year I'm expecting the usual crew and hopefully the Bacons again. And some interloping ferriners (or however Field writes it) to join with Tony and talk that weird English.

I'm open to suggestions for race day roasted meats. If I can test a few rounds I could do ribs, usually in the smoker but think I could wing it on the Weber. If I get a trailer I may have to bring some fuel for the gennie and bring the smoker. Yeah it's early but gotta practice so I'm not winging it trackside. And with the deck almost done I can get to grilling again.
Old 17 May 2021, 15:13 (Ref:4052057)   #67
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Yeah, I woulda brought it last year but reduced numbers meant walkabout would work. This year I'm expecting the usual crew and hopefully the Bacons again. And some interloping ferriners (or however Field writes it) to join with Tony and talk that weird English.

I'm open to suggestions for race day roasted meats. If I can test a few rounds I could do ribs, usually in the smoker but think I could wing it on the Weber. If I get a trailer I may have to bring some fuel for the gennie and bring the smoker. Yeah it's early but gotta practice so I'm not winging it trackside. And with the deck almost done I can get to grilling again.
The walkabout is old news, the new thing is the "Expert Grill". There were a row of these sitting in front of the meat case at local Walmart.
Old 17 May 2021, 18:31 (Ref:4052095)   #68
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Improvement on the Lowes "standabout" with wheels and a handle there. FANCEEEEE
Old 21 May 2021, 02:30 (Ref:4052479)   #69
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
COTA apparently wants the 37 campers to get an early start Saturday of the Cup weekend. Practice for Super Trofeo starts at 7 am, but only for campers as gates don't open until 8 am, WTF guys. Guess it could be worse and Star Mazda at 7 am at Petit
Old 29 May 2021, 21:26 (Ref:4053777)   #70
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Now that the deck is mostly finished I can move on to Petit prep. Taking suggestions to test so I'm not cooking it for the first time at the track. Gonna bring the big Weber again.

Testing a pork belly cooked like brisket this afternoon mostly because we had a belly in the fridge. Considering trying a couple brisket in it next and likely multiple racks of ribs. Usually do both in the Bradley but running the gennie for 12-14 hours to run it doesn't sound like a plan.

And yes, foreign visitors are allowed to vote. And considering making both smoked and just cured back bacon to bring for breakfast as well, since some people think streaky bacon is the wrong bacon.
Old 29 May 2021, 22:43 (Ref:4053780)   #71
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
The answer is belly cooked like brisket is quite tasty but will kill you.
Old 1 Jun 2021, 17:17 (Ref:4054253)   #72
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Now that the deck is mostly finished I can move on to Petit prep. Taking suggestions to test so I'm not cooking it for the first time at the track. Gonna bring the big Weber again.

Testing a pork belly cooked like brisket this afternoon mostly because we had a belly in the fridge. Considering trying a couple brisket in it next and likely multiple racks of ribs. Usually do both in the Bradley but running the gennie for 12-14 hours to run it doesn't sound like a plan.

And yes, foreign visitors are allowed to vote. And considering making both smoked and just cured back bacon to bring for breakfast as well, since some people think streaky bacon is the wrong bacon.
I love that the race is 6 months out and you are now "prepping"

I am extremely interested in how the Brisket turns out. That is something you could even do ahead of time and just warm it on the Weber.
Old 1 Jun 2021, 18:43 (Ref:4054263)   #73
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
There's a "tailgate" brisket recipe that uses a well trimmed flat and can be cooked in around 4- hours. Usually I get a full packer brisket and butcher it myself in to the point and the flat. Flat is the leaner piece, often a rectangle with just the thin fat cap, the point is where the deadly and oh so tasty fatty bits are. Harder to carve as the grain moves a bit but much better marbling and what I always request at Das BBQ here, first cut brisket at 11 am and it's 50/50 meat to fat with lots of pepper and smoke.

But yes, brisket also warms nicely although you lose a bit of the bark as you want to warm it with some liquid usually beef stock.

And you've seen me cook, I'm not trying to test something there and eff it up. That wasn't the first time I had made the pork belly roast on the rotisserie and grilled sweet potatoes in the fat dripping from 2019. That was the third one. The wife is already prepping new recipes for the fall and testing 2 new cookies. But she's professional so maybe a bit more pressure when you're selling it.
Old 14 Jun 2021, 01:10 (Ref:4056292)   #74
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Stay tuned to this space, considering a new toy and if I do potential for ribs one night and brisket on raceday. And a new way to make biscuits and cinn rolls
Old 14 Jun 2021, 13:53 (Ref:4056350)   #75
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Stay tuned to this space, considering a new toy and if I do potential for ribs one night and brisket on raceday. And a new way to make biscuits and cinn rolls
I'm intrigued! Some type of robot butler perhaps?