Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 7 Apr 2021, 17:03 (Ref:4044981)   #10
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
It is utterly ridiculous . It is a one size fits all policy , and collateral damage to an understandable ban on events where spectators are of necessity packed tightly together , such as in covered grandstands .

I can already go to shops and ,from next week , myriad other places , indoors and out - and yet I cannot stand outdoors (as on a walk, in the park , on the beach, playing golf , going fishing etc ) at a race circuit. I can understand why caution is needed for very popular events , but with common sense - such as limiting total tickets - there is not even the tiniest impediment to attending club motor sport .

I don't buy the 'oh, but they can't favour one sport over another argument ' either. To take an example, the Angling Trust sought clarification that fishing was ok to practice and it has been permissible since May last year , subject to some common sense restrictions. Should I have been told to stay at home throughout , despite outdoors being safe ?