Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 18 Jul 2018, 03:11 (Ref:3837220)   #1
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Petit Le Mans 2018

I just ordered a new tent, so my preparations have officially begun! Don't know if I'll be bringing my brother again this year, but I'll be there on Wednesday evening.

Anybody else start prepping yet?
Old 18 Jul 2018, 17:43 (Ref:3837357)   #2
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
I was just thinking that I'll be down to camp again Friday night and hang out with you all again. Was fun last year!
Old 20 Jul 2018, 20:27 (Ref:3837728)   #3
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Haven't even thought about it yet, new tents were purchased but tiny backpacking tent for her trip. Haven't found any new toys to buy for the camp yet, might get a new flag pole so we can truly take over. But I am running out of space in my truck so I can't get many new things.

Although I'm thinking some time soon the tow behind smoker of the father-in-law might just be brought out for Petit. It's a beast and think I can grill in it as well.
Old 20 Jul 2018, 20:39 (Ref:3837733)   #4
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Haven't even thought about it yet, new tents were purchased but tiny backpacking tent for her trip. Haven't found any new toys to buy for the camp yet, might get a new flag pole so we can truly take over. But I am running out of space in my truck so I can't get many new things.

Although I'm thinking some time soon the tow behind smoker of the father-in-law might just be brought out for Petit. It's a beast and think I can grill in it as well.
Tow behind cooker of any type sounds awesome
Old 24 Jul 2018, 13:51 (Ref:3838493)   #5
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A bit early, but a welcome thought to look forward too joeb!

Quote:
That's awesome. From self sufficient to tow behind cooker. Just remember, when giving me crap, I didn't ask you to bring all this stuff, but glad you're (for the timing being) single and childless. Weird things happen after that....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
I was just thinking that I'll be down to camp again Friday night and hang out with you all again. Was fun last year!
Nice! Maybe I'll be able to stick around for the race this year!!
Old 24 Jul 2018, 14:49 (Ref:3838514)   #6
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Not sure. Let me check.

JHamilton, how's the camper looking?

Old 24 Jul 2018, 20:53 (Ref:3838604)   #7
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Not sure. Let me check.

Better than this mythical camper of the Fields I've heard tell of around the campfire I'm guessing.
Old 24 Jul 2018, 21:33 (Ref:3838614)   #8
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Better than this mythical camper of the Fields I've heard tell of around the campfire I'm guessing.
Or the 72 I've never seen...
Old 24 Jul 2018, 22:27 (Ref:3838620)   #9
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Or the 72 I've never seen...
Yup, that one is taped at the seams with gorilla tape and ready to be burnt in sacrifice
Old 24 Jul 2018, 22:41 (Ref:3838623)   #10
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
scottypinthemix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ok, wow.
I thought I was alone in this. Sad part is that the last days I took off from work were for Sebring.
Needless to say, I'm already jittery for PLM.
Old 24 Jul 2018, 23:19 (Ref:3838625)   #11
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
I have mellowed the last two years, think the gf (fine Field, fiance now) has kept me busy and distracted with moving and wedding planning instead of planning camping at Petit and the Mitty as with previous years. Easier to plan and plan when you're a bored single guy after work
Old 26 Jul 2018, 17:18 (Ref:3838923)   #12
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Not sure. Let me check.

ROFL

Quote:
I have mellowed the last two years, think the gf (fine Field, fiance now) has kept me busy and distracted with moving and wedding planning instead of planning camping at Petit and the Mitty as with previous years. Easier to plan and plan when you're a bored single guy after work
It's easier to do a lot of things as single guy after work.
Old 27 Jul 2018, 16:03 (Ref:3839129)   #13
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
Quote:
I just ordered a new tent, so my preparations have officially begun! Don't know if I'll be bringing my brother again this year, but I'll be there on Wednesday evening.

I went up to Cabelas and dropped some coin on a cot.
I've been sleeping on air mattresses for 20+ years & I'm over it.
Got this one on sale for $139 a couple weeks ago. It's so comfortable I feel like a moron for never having bought something like this in the past.
https://www.cabelas.com/product/CABE...9.uts?slotId=2

I'll be up there pre-dawn on Wednesday
Old 27 Jul 2018, 18:38 (Ref:3839167)   #14
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
I'll wave to you from the comfort of my tent, and my Cabelas XL Outfiiter cot, inside the track as you are sitting in the line in your car. Been there and done that long enough and can't really sleep in my current truck so Tuesday arrival and special pass it is, plus extra track viewing time. Yeah it's only CTSC and Miatas on parade but it's cars and race fuel fumes so better than working
Old 29 Jul 2018, 01:29 (Ref:3839679)   #15
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Not sure. Let me check.

I've been thinking about it. Might get started in a week or two.
Old 30 Jul 2018, 20:33 (Ref:3840215)   #16
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
Quote:
I'll wave to you from the comfort of my tent, and my Cabelas XL Outfiiter cot, inside the track as you are sitting in the line in your car. Been there and done that long enough and can't really sleep in my current truck so Tuesday arrival and special pass it is, plus extra track viewing time. Yeah it's only CTSC and Miatas on parade but it's cars and race fuel fumes so better than working
We've turned the waiting in line outside will call into a bit of tradition.
Chow down some breakfast & throw down a shot of to-kill-ya when the open gate whistle blows.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Old 30 Jul 2018, 21:49 (Ref:3840223)   #17
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottypinthemix View Post
We've turned the waiting in line outside will call into a bit of tradition.
Chow down some breakfast & throw down a shot of to-kill-ya when the open gate whistle blows.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Nah, better tradition showing up at 3 on Tuesday to camp in the line or the guys in the first two rows, usually Sunday morning for them. The parking lot party and free flowing beer under the no alcohol sign never gets old. Sleeping in the truck though does
Old 30 Jul 2018, 23:27 (Ref:3840236)   #18
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Nah, better tradition showing up at 3 on Tuesday to camp in the line or the guys in the first two rows, usually Sunday morning for them. The parking lot party and free flowing beer under the no alcohol sign never gets old. Sleeping in the truck though does
Lol, then why sleep? I tried that this week with an early morning flight. Stayed up drinking and crashed for a few hours before the flight. Then of course it was all sorts of turbulent, but I held it together. You're welcome American airlines.
Old 31 Jul 2018, 18:26 (Ref:3840416)   #19
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Old 31 Jul 2018, 18:32 (Ref:3840420)   #20
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Looks festive, I'll be there 10 weeks from tomorrow.
Old 31 Jul 2018, 19:03 (Ref:3840436)   #21
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Looks festive, I'll be there 10 weeks from tomorrow.
Hoping he hasn't cursed us with the dry weather pictures. As I'm here in the office with it absolutely pitch black outside and near constant rolling thunder and reading a Petit thread
Old 31 Jul 2018, 20:02 (Ref:3840446)   #22
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Old 31 Jul 2018, 20:16 (Ref:3840449)   #23
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Funny thing is that ditch was mostly filled with urine and excrement from the Apache, not rain.
Old 31 Jul 2018, 20:35 (Ref:3840455)   #24
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Funny thing is that ditch was mostly filled with urine and excrement from the Apache, not rain.
And you were sleeping downstream from such things. Kinda like where you live, 'cept it's urine and excrement from Arkansas, Missouri and Memphis.
Old 31 Jul 2018, 20:45 (Ref:3840462)   #25
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
And you were sleeping downstream from such things. Kinda like where you live, 'cept it's urine and excrement from Arkansas, Missouri and Memphis.
Technically it is from about 41% of the lower 48.....