Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 31 Jul 2018, 20:59 (Ref:3840468)   #26
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Technically it is from about 41% of the lower 48.....
Fair.

Being downstream from Arkansas just sounds nasty. But hey! At least you can shat on NOLA.
Old 31 Jul 2018, 21:16 (Ref:3840478)   #27
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Fair.

Being downstream from Arkansas just sounds nasty. But hey! At least you can shat on NOLA.
The important thing is we get our drinking water from an aquifer. But if you want I can bring you a sample of the river water here to drink at petit
Old 31 Jul 2018, 21:43 (Ref:3840487)   #28
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
scottypinthemix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I have to counter that rain picture with something dry from last year
I still have nightmares about that year

Old 31 Jul 2018, 22:49 (Ref:3840510)   #29
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottypinthemix View Post
I have to counter that rain picture with something dry from last year
I still have nightmares about that year

What the hell is that green stuff in the picture? Did you bring it with you?
Old 1 Aug 2018, 01:11 (Ref:3840523)   #30
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Funny thing is that ditch was mostly filled with urine and excrement from the Apache, not rain.
What did I do?

Quote:
And you were sleeping downstream from such things. Kinda like where you live, 'cept it's urine and excrement from Arkansas, Missouri and Memphis.
I like how Memphis is completely separate from Tennessee in this scenario. It's funny and true!
Old 1 Aug 2018, 02:22 (Ref:3840527)   #31
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
What did I do?

I like how Memphis is completely separate from Tennessee in this scenario. It's funny and true!
You did nothing, but had to make a joke of some kind!

Memphis actually has a very problematic sewage plant that floods frequently and just sends untreated waste into the River. I think it has happened 3 years in a row or something crazy like that.
Old 1 Aug 2018, 03:45 (Ref:3840533)   #32
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
You did nothing, but had to make a joke of some kind!

Memphis actually has a very problematic sewage plant that floods frequently and just sends untreated waste into the River. I think it has happened 3 years in a row or something crazy like that.
You say problematic system, they say Louisiana and everything works fine
Old 1 Aug 2018, 19:42 (Ref:3840720)   #33
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
What the hell is that green stuff in the picture? Did you bring it with you?
That's our UFO landing zone. No takers yet, but we're hoping that the little green folks come visit us one year.
Or, it might have been someone getting some twists out of the light rope and it made of an odd picture.
Old 1 Aug 2018, 22:57 (Ref:3840774)   #34
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottypinthemix View Post
That's our UFO landing zone. No takers yet, but we're hoping that the little green folks come visit us one year.
Or, it might have been someone getting some twists out of the light rope and it made of an odd picture.
I meant the grass, see above camper picture for our usual land conditions. Although I need to check on our clover and sow more next event
Old 2 Aug 2018, 14:31 (Ref:3840877)   #35
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
Quote:
I meant the grass, see above camper picture for our usual land conditions. Although I need to check on our clover and sow more next event
LOL! Yeah, it's nice to have some grass. We still put down 5 or 6 straw bales to be on the safe side in case of "you-know-what."

Old 9 Aug 2018, 08:28 (Ref:3842449)   #36
btracing82
Rookie

btracing82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
this year I have no broken foot and determined to find you guys
Old 9 Aug 2018, 11:13 (Ref:3842473)   #37
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by btracing82 View Post
Excellent, No broken bones is always a plus! We will be in the usual turn 4ish camping spot. I'm sure we will be posting more pics as the event gets closer.
Old 9 Aug 2018, 14:04 (Ref:3842534)   #38
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
It's quite possible that you'll regret finding us...
Old 9 Aug 2018, 14:18 (Ref:3842536)   #39
btracing82
Rookie

Quote:
doubt that always enjoy meeting new people at the track and having a few drinks the only issue im going to have is park back near the spectator hill concessions and sit on the hill and as you know moving from the back part of the track to the front can be a pain but im pretty sure I know where y'all are at think I saw y'all last year I shuttled to the souvenir area and started walking your way but only made it to the picnic tables under the faris wheel I had only been out the cast 5 days and foot was killing me
Old 9 Aug 2018, 18:42 (Ref:3842591)   #40
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
doubt that always enjoy meeting new people at the track and having a few drinks the only issue im going to have is park back near the spectator hill concessions and sit on the hill and as you know moving from the back part of the track to the front can be a pain but im pretty sure I know where y'all are at think I saw y'all last year I shuttled to the souvenir area and started walking your way but only made it to the picnic tables under the faris wheel I had only been out the cast 5 days and foot was killing me
I like meeting new people, too, but depending on the day and time of the day, we may not ALL be so hospitable. Some of us tend get extreme body odor further into the race weekend while others tend to get sloppy drunk by the end of the day. I, of course, do none of these things.

And yep, the shuttle heads right past us and we're fairly close to vendor village.
Old 9 Aug 2018, 20:51 (Ref:3842629)   #41
btracing82
Rookie

Quote:
I like meeting new people, too, but depending on the day and time of the day, we may not ALL be so hospitable. Some of us tend get extreme body odor further into the race weekend while others tend to get sloppy drunk by the end of the day. I, of course, do none of these things.

And yep, the shuttle heads right past us and we're fairly close to vendor village.
Tented at sebring in march and also MotoAmerica at VIR in may so I know all about body odor and also drinking its all part of the expierence
Old 9 Aug 2018, 23:07 (Ref:3842645)   #42
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
He says that as the last guy he invited to stay has stayed and now the loudmouth giant won't ever leave.

Although I guess technically that's joeb but he doesn't count and takes up little space, but there is the fire hazard of his Mazda
Old 10 Aug 2018, 02:52 (Ref:3842684)   #43
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:

i will have it known, that I am the only one of our group to make a trek across the track to shower during the week. So my BO is under control, plus it is like 20 to 30 degrees cooler at Petit than my house, so i'm not hardly sweating.

Quote:
Tented at sebring in march and also MotoAmerica at VIR in may so I know all about body odor and also drinking its all part of the expierence
Good, then I'll introduce you to Jeremy.

Quote:
He says that as the last guy he invited to stay has stayed and now the loudmouth giant won't ever leave.

Although I guess technically that's joeb but he doesn't count and takes up little space, but there is the fire hazard of his Mazda
My mazda hasn't had a fire in years, plus I'm working on a plan to acquire a 1992 Honda Accord coupe with 30,758 miles on it from my grandma, so you never know what I'll show up in this year!
Old 10 Aug 2018, 03:15 (Ref:3842689)   #44
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Excellent! You'll fit right in!

Quote:
Great description. Although I like the one I came up with a couple of years ago. I'll see if I can dig that up...

Quote:
i will have it known, that I am the only one of our group to make a trek across the track to shower during the week. So my BO is under control, plus it is like 20 to 30 degrees cooler at Petit than my house, so i'm not hardly sweating.
We all know you shower in north GA only to wash that excrement and urine from the mighty Mississipp off of you.
Old 10 Aug 2018, 11:25 (Ref:3842755)   #45
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
We all know you shower in north GA only to wash that excrement and urine from the mighty Mississipp off of you.
It's the freshest water he's seen in years and it's COLD, although he is a delicate flower and walks over to the support paddock for the heated shower.
Old 10 Aug 2018, 13:27 (Ref:3842788)   #46
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
We've been over this, we get our drinking, and showering, water from an aquifer. I only wade around in the poop water for work.
Old 10 Aug 2018, 14:48 (Ref:3842803)   #47
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
We've been over this, we get our drinking, and showering, water from an aquifer. I only wade around in the poop water for work.
And where does the water in the aquifer come from? Melting glaciers?
Old 10 Aug 2018, 15:10 (Ref:3842807)   #48
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
And where does the water in the aquifer come from? Melting glaciers?
Maybe, but probably rain water a few millenia ago.
Old 10 Aug 2018, 16:18 (Ref:3842816)   #49
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Maybe, but probably rain water a few millenia ago.
Nah, it's really Memphis' septic tank your drinking from...
Old 17 Aug 2018, 23:56 (Ref:3844377)   #50
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
We made it on the Petit poster!

https://twitter.com/RoadAtlanta/stat...226748416?s=19