Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 18 Aug 2018, 03:08 (Ref:3844395)   #51
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I see us. I mean y'all. I had to leave last year....

I do like it! The poster. Not the leaving the night before the race last year.
Old 18 Aug 2018, 03:13 (Ref:3844398)   #52
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
I see us. I mean y'all. I had to leave last year....

I do like it! The poster. Not the leaving the night before the race last year.
I like how the cars are in order of current championship standings at the front.
Old 24 Aug 2018, 18:21 (Ref:3845842)   #53
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
scottypinthemix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
bump because this is the longest Friday ever & I need PLM to be here right now.
just got another 10x10 for the campsite. I think that puts us at a total of 10 or 11 canopies for the area.
Old 24 Aug 2018, 19:05 (Ref:3845848)   #54
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottypinthemix View Post
bump because this is the longest Friday ever & I need PLM to be here right now.
just got another 10x10 for the campsite. I think that puts us at a total of 10 or 11 canopies for the area.
And people have complained about me owning 3 and us using 4-5. That's a hella portable pavilion you have there.

And I was thinking the same thing this morning, was a BEAUTIFUL 70 degree morning with the windows down and radio up and would have been a great day at the track. Technically there's "racing" this weekend but can you really call Gridlife racing?
Old 24 Aug 2018, 20:34 (Ref:3845870)   #55
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
And people have complained about me owning 3 and us using 4-5. That's a hella portable pavilion you have there.

And I was thinking the same thing this morning, was a BEAUTIFUL 70 degree morning with the windows down and radio up and would have been a great day at the track. Technically there's "racing" this weekend but can you really call Gridlife racing?
Our headcount runs about 20, so my theory is we cannot have too much shelter or alcohol.
As much as i like being at the track, Grid Life isn't my bag.
I was thinking about heading up there one day for the Ferrari Challenge in September. I need to set foot on the property!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Old 25 Aug 2018, 00:40 (Ref:3845890)   #56
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Our headcount runs about 20, so my theory is we cannot have too much shelter or alcohol.
As much as i like being at the track, Grid Life isn't my bag.
I was thinking about heading up there one day for the Ferrari Challenge in September. I need to set foot on the property!

Ferrari challenge is Sept 14-16, I was thinking about a Sat day trip, cigars and a couple beers listening to V12s and V8s sounds good

The next weekend is the Fall Historics and there will DEFINITELY be a Sat trip up for that. It's smaller than the Mitty but still cool cars from HSR. But this year F3 US will be in track as well, not a stellar lineup with only 5 cars but want to see and hear them in person. The F4 sounded decent for a spec small formula car last year. Plus a chance to sow some more clover in turn 4 as well.
Old 25 Aug 2018, 00:48 (Ref:3845895)   #57
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
And FYI joeb, the F3 circus be in your neck of the woods some weekend in October at the track no one wants or visits. But good news you can rent high performance cars at the track.
Old 25 Aug 2018, 01:36 (Ref:3845902)   #58
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
And FYI joeb, the F3 circus be in your neck of the woods some weekend in October at the track no one wants or visits. But good news you can rent high performance cars at the track.
Hmm, do i get the DP, or the car that goes on 2-wheels?

In real news, I just ordered my tickets. And I have zero pop-up tents, just my new sleeping tent.
Old 30 Aug 2018, 19:32 (Ref:3847123)   #59
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Drove through Braselton today.

Soooooon....
Old 30 Aug 2018, 19:40 (Ref:3847126)   #60
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Drove through Braselton today.

Soooooon....
This was the first time Tapatalk has actually given me an alert saying someone posted in this thread even though those are my settings.....
Old 30 Aug 2018, 19:56 (Ref:3847132)   #61
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
This was the first time Tapatalk has actually given me an alert saying someone posted in this thread even though those are my settings.....
It's very sporadic.
Old 30 Aug 2018, 22:21 (Ref:3847153)   #62
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Trackside soon, going up for Ferrari and Historics. Not quite the same week of fire, meat, cars and dirty comments from a certain swamp citizen but needed. And a good chance to see about getting more clover going.

Thinking about buying a grill to assemble trackside and breakdown in to the box rather than that (not an) Aussie (not so) walk-about grill someone found at Lowe's. Plus a little larger since we see to need to space over fire.
Old 31 Aug 2018, 01:28 (Ref:3847159)   #63
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Trackside soon, going up for Ferrari and Historics. Not quite the same week of fire, meat, cars and dirty comments from a certain swamp citizen but needed. And a good chance to see about getting more clover going.

Thinking about buying a grill to assemble trackside and breakdown in to the box rather than that (not an) Aussie (not so) walk-about grill someone found at Lowe's. Plus a little larger since we see to need to space over fire.
Sounds like a good weekend too me, post some pics of the site to make us jealous
Old 31 Aug 2018, 01:33 (Ref:3847161)   #64
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:

That Lowe's Aussie grill is a bunch of BS.
Old 31 Aug 2018, 02:27 (Ref:3847167)   #65
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
The Coleman Road Trip series of grills are good. We have a couple that have been running strong for many years. They collapse down well and don't take up a lot of space.
One of our folks bought a Blackstone flat top a while back. That thing is sweet. Eggs, bacon and home fries.
I'm really talking myself into wishing September away quickly.

Old 31 Aug 2018, 17:18 (Ref:3847279)   #66
simontibbett
Rookie

United States
GA
simontibbett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looking forward to Petit, I’m local so I get excited once I see local businesses put flyers up. Lol

Kind of hopeful I’ll miss it to run 24H Series at Spa that weekend though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 31 Aug 2018, 18:29 (Ref:3847286)   #67
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
Quote:
Originally Posted by simontibbett View Post
Looking forward to Petit, I’m local so I get excited once I see local businesses put flyers up. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah. We should see the billboards go up around Atlanta in about a week or so...

Old 5 Sep 2018, 02:41 (Ref:3848261)   #68
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
So Broad, what does the campsite look like after this weekend?
Old 5 Sep 2018, 10:40 (Ref:3848299)   #69
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
So Broad, what does the campsite look like after this weekend?
Pretty sure he's not going until next weekend based on the schedule. Maybe he went to grid life, but it's gotten dry as a bone again here. Tallest brown grass I've ever seen around here till it's gotten cut and thrown into the streets.
Old 5 Sep 2018, 12:37 (Ref:3848315)   #70
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Yeah, next weekend is Ferrari Challenge. If Decatur is any indication we should have some clover cover but the weather between here and there is a big change most of the time. And the weekend after Historics so a good month at the track in the fall

And hell no there was no Grid Life last weekend, my caps aren't flattened here.
Old 6 Sep 2018, 01:01 (Ref:3848415)   #71
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Pretty sure he's not going until next weekend based on the schedule. Maybe he went to grid life, but it's gotten dry as a bone again here. Tallest brown grass I've ever seen around here till it's gotten cut and thrown into the streets.
Quote:
Yeah, next weekend is Ferrari Challenge. If Decatur is any indication we should have some clover cover but the weather between here and there is a big change most of the time. And the weekend after Historics so a good month at the track in the fall

And hell no there was no Grid Life last weekend, my caps aren't flattened here.
My mistake, thought you were going last weekend.
Old 6 Sep 2018, 03:38 (Ref:3848437)   #72
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
My mistake, thought you were going last weekend.
Nah, book festival took up all my time but hey free bourbon and might get a whole case of Woodford for my efforts as well so lots of free booze
Old 6 Sep 2018, 13:42 (Ref:3848491)   #73
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Nah, book festival took up all my time but hey free bourbon and might get a whole case of Woodford for my efforts as well so lots of free booze
Now you're just trying to make me jealous. I don't think I've ever gotten free booze before. Outside of a birthday present.
Old 6 Sep 2018, 14:22 (Ref:3848496)   #74
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
Road Atlanta Casting Call

https://www.11alive.com/article/ente...a/85-590662260
Old 6 Sep 2018, 16:34 (Ref:3848516)   #75
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Yes! my favorite part:

Quote:
Seeking background to play 1960s Parisian spectators
Looks like my personal wardrobe style is finally going to pay off!