Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 14 Dec 2018, 15:49 (Ref:3870245)   #26
Graz
Veteran

Ireland
Graz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
essentially it's the autosport show with a bit more motion involved. like i say, that's a personal perspective - a lot of people very much enjoy it, but i'm not a massive fan of watching point to point racing like hillclimbs or rally trackside. the cars are great to look at and like andrewc says, there's a huge range there but personally, not for me.

it's a good event to tick off the list, and essentially a temporary museum for some seriously cool toys. but i'd struggle to do more than one day there, to be honest. personally i wouldn't bother with all four days at the fos, and i'd spend the entrance money on another bike event instead! the bsb at brands will be brilliant, that's a great choice. if you fancy some grass roots bikes as well, the thundersport events are a good day trip, very well run events with a good range of machinery about.
Cheers, thanks for that. We figured one day with the travel etc. wasn't enough, 2 days might have been ideal but then the extra cost to go to 4 days wasn't nuts so we went for it.
Old 14 Dec 2018, 17:05 (Ref:3870272)   #27
kobefly
Veteran

Argentina
Germany
kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!
I really appreciate your help with this.

This is all information I am taking with me and also using for advanced booking of what I need. You have already been of great help the fist time I went to see some racing events to Europe in 2017 (6hSpa of WEC, Monaco and Paris ePrix of Formula E) and you are doing it again!
Old 14 Dec 2018, 17:08 (Ref:3870274)   #28
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
essentially it's the autosport show with a bit more motion involved. like i say, that's a personal perspective - a lot of people very much enjoy it, but i'm not a massive fan of watching point to point racing like hillclimbs or rally trackside. the cars are great to look at and like andrewc says, there's a huge range there but personally, not for me.

it's a good event to tick off the list, and essentially a temporary museum for some seriously cool toys. but i'd struggle to do more than one day there, to be honest. personally i wouldn't bother with all four days at the fos, and i'd spend the entrance money on another bike event instead! the bsb at brands will be brilliant, that's a great choice. if you fancy some grass roots bikes as well, the thundersport events are a good day trip, very well run events with a good range of machinery about.
I've been to FOS as few times - I always find that doing it in one day means I'm pushed to see everything I want to. If you watch all the groups of vehicles going up the hill that's half the day gone (I usually skip the road cars and bikes if possible - they're of no interest to me) . Then there's the rally stage which I personally enjoy - there's usually a good range of Group B cars being thrashed and you don't get that everywhere.

Wandering around the paddock area you can get incredibly close to the cars (head in cockpit close) and some of the cars really do need to be seen close up ("The Beast Of Turin" for example). There are cars at Goodwood that you just don't see anywhere else - I shudder to think of the combined value of the cars in the Goodwood paddocks!

It's not an event to do every year - but it's certainly one to tick off the list if you've never been. IIRC the Thursday at FOS is very much road car stuff and not motorsport (although the proper toys will be in the paddocks by that point anyway) so that's worth thinking about when sorting tickets.
Old 14 Dec 2018, 17:45 (Ref:3870281)   #29
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
I've been to FOS as few times - I always find that doing it in one day means I'm pushed to see everything I want to. If you watch all the groups of vehicles going up the hill that's half the day gone (I usually skip the road cars and bikes if possible - they're of no interest to me) . Then there's the rally stage which I personally enjoy - there's usually a good range of Group B cars being thrashed and you don't get that everywhere.
that's a good shout, and an excellent justification for taking two days to do the festival if you're interested in seeing more of the hill action.
Old 27 Dec 2018, 14:10 (Ref:3872653)   #30
kobefly
Veteran

Argentina
Germany
kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!
Thank you all, I have my itinerary almost ready and I have decided to attend Goodwood FOS for one day, either Saturday or Sundary which I belive are the days with more action.
Old 14 Jan 2019, 10:57 (Ref:3876076)   #31
mattbull
Rookie

mattbull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like you are filling your weekends pretty well. For some midweek Banger/Stock Car racing I do recommend Wednesday nights at Arlington Stadium, near Eastbourne. Great track to watch from, you are right up close to the action.

Fixtures here http://www.spedeworth.co.uk/venue.php?name=Eastbourne

The Legends on the 19th June are usually good and the Classic Hot Rods and Heritage cars on 3rd July are well worth a look, Bangers are pretty much on every week too for a bit of bash/crash...
Old 21 Jan 2019, 13:37 (Ref:3877518)   #32
kobefly
Veteran

Argentina
Germany
Thank you all for the information and great ideas!

I finally completed my itinerary which includes 5 days at Le Mans and 2 at Goodwood (Thursday and Sunday). If I run into any other racing event or museum in the rest of the trip I will probably take it, but if not, I will still be attending to two of the events I have seen on TV since I was a child so it will be great.

June
9 to 12 at Normandy (France)
12 to 17 at Le Mans (France) (24 hours)
17 to 20 at Dublin (Ireland)
20 to 23 at Highlands (Scotland)
23 to 27 at Edinburgh (Scotland)
27 to 29 at York (England)
29 to 1 at Bath

July
1 to 8 at London (Goodwood 1st and 4th day)
Old 22 Jan 2019, 09:23 (Ref:3877650)   #33
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I live close to York so if you want any ideas of what to see let me know.
Old 22 Jan 2019, 11:33 (Ref:3877668)   #34
kobefly
Veteran

Argentina
Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
I live close to York so if you want any ideas of what to see let me know.
I will appreciate that a lot! I've already sent you a private message. Thanks!
Old 9 Aug 2019, 15:04 (Ref:3922089)   #35
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So how did your trip to the UK and the Festival of Speed go?
Old 9 Aug 2019, 21:39 (Ref:3922136)   #36
kobefly
Veteran

Argentina
Germany
It started in France, I went to Le Mans and then, at the end of the trip, I attended on Thursday and Sunday to Goodwood.
Getting there from London was not easy, both days I left London around 3am, one by train, other by underground to the airport and rental car then but IT WAS TOTALLY WORTH IT.
The amount of things you see in Goodwood is incredible! I enjoyed every minute, I was worried about gettig there and how tired I would be but Goodwood keeps you busy and awake all the time.
Also, I went another day to Brooklands, pretty interesting place to visit!
I hope I can keep going to racing events in Europe in the future. This is my second trip I take advantage for this kind of things and it's the best money and time spent by far.
Old 10 Aug 2019, 00:05 (Ref:3922148)   #37
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Fantastic. I’m glad you had such a great time.
Old 10 Aug 2019, 14:46 (Ref:3922193)   #38
kobefly
Veteran

Argentina
Germany
Thanks! It was awesome.
Thank you all very much for your great advice.