Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 11 Dec 2018, 23:31 (Ref:3869562)   #1
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Sebring 2019

Anyone else counting the days???

I'm super excited about our campsite this year, have first timers coming from England, Holland, Romania, and Australia. The whole world knows what a big deal Sebring will be next year and I can't wait to show the track to these guys for the first time. Think they're going to be pretty stoked on the access we have at Sebring as over in Europe they don't have nearly the access that we do.

We also have cute little backpacks for our first timers to wear. They'll be hauling around our drinks and snacks. Look for the following backpacks:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Old 17 Dec 2018, 15:08 (Ref:3870868)   #2
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
scottypinthemix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
Anyone else counting the days???

I'm super excited about our campsite this year, have first timers coming from England, Holland, Romania, and Australia. The whole world knows what a big deal Sebring will be next year and I can't wait to show the track to these guys for the first time. Think they're going to be pretty stoked on the access we have at Sebring as over in Europe they don't have nearly the access that we do.

We also have cute little backpacks for our first timers to wear. They'll be hauling around our drinks and snacks. Look for the following backpacks:

totally counting the days.
Lance (rookie) is stoked to wear his backpack.
I'm ready, even made a countdown
https://www.timeanddate.com/countdow...nt=serif&csz=1
Old 21 Dec 2018, 21:12 (Ref:3871882)   #3
fergus_r
Veteran

United Kingdom
fergus_r should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Looking forward to my third Sebring in as many years. Some new challenges with WEC squeezed in- the timetable is absolute madness- but I'm looking forward to seeing how it pans out!
Old 23 Jan 2019, 16:50 (Ref:3877979)   #4
andrewn7
Rookie

United Kingdom
andrewn7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandrewn7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will be first time visit for me and my Son and cant wait! Thinking about the Gurney terrace tickets - would anybody recommend them? Any other tips much appreciated. Thanks, Nick
Old 24 Jan 2019, 02:45 (Ref:3878084)   #5
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Totally missed this thread. I had plans on going. Need to rally some troops (and myself) and see what's what....

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewn7 View Post
Will be first time visit for me and my Son and cant wait! Thinking about the Gurney terrace tickets - would anybody recommend them? Any other tips much appreciated. Thanks, Nick
I've never sat in the terrace in the 5 or 6 trips I've taken but I wonder how much you could see from up there. it might be worth it! Certainly could see the main straight and T1 well but me personally; I would rather be down with the "groundlings" in Green Park.

Old 24 Jan 2019, 22:24 (Ref:3878404)   #6
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
Quote:
For me, paying the extra $ to have any sort of reserved seating is not worth it.
IMHO you're not doing it right if you're not walking around all weekend. There is so much to see.
How old is your son? Also, do you plan on camping all weekend?
Old 25 Jan 2019, 08:24 (Ref:3878462)   #7
andrewn7
Rookie

United Kingdom
andrewn7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandrewn7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottypinthemix View Post
For me, paying the extra $ to have any sort of reserved seating is not worth it.
IMHO you're not doing it right if you're not walking around all weekend. There is so much to see.
How old is your son? Also, do you plan on camping all weekend?
He's 14. We will be stopping about an hour away, as part of a family holiday to Orlando / WDW. We've got a rental car so would plan on going back and to each day.

I think I've heard enough to persuade me to not part with the extra $ for the Gurney terrace
Old 25 Jan 2019, 10:28 (Ref:3878499)   #8
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
He's 14. We will be stopping about an hour away, as part of a family holiday to Orlando / WDW. We've got a rental car so would plan on going back and to each day.

I think I've heard enough to persuade me to not part with the extra $ for the Gurney terrace
The Mouse and Sebring! I've debated taking my kids and wife and just dumping them off in Orlando and heading South as it's their spring break. they don't like even going to Road Atlanta with me (its 40 mins away from us).

Just know that traffic in and out of the circuit each day is going to likely be daunting (I wouldn't really know as I camp at the circuit when I go) and Orlando, depending on where you're staying is at least an hour and 45 away. That's a lot of driving but is worth doing both trips, if your time allows.
Old 25 Jan 2019, 17:52 (Ref:3878607)   #9
andrewn7
Rookie

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
The Mouse and Sebring! I've debated taking my kids and wife and just dumping them off in Orlando and heading South as it's their spring break. they don't like even going to Road Atlanta with me (its 40 mins away from us).

Just know that traffic in and out of the circuit each day is going to likely be daunting (I wouldn't really know as I camp at the circuit when I go) and Orlando, depending on where you're staying is at least an hour and 45 away. That's a lot of driving but is worth doing both trips, if your time allows.
Yep, that's the plan for Wife and daughter, thankfully Son likes his endurance racing

Road Atlanta, went there once the year it was rained off after 5 hours, but it was still epic!

We're on the SW side of Orlando, kind of abeam Kissimmee. The mouse had better be damn good for the cost of it!
Old 29 Jan 2019, 15:56 (Ref:3880448)   #10
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
Quote:
Yep, that's the plan for Wife and daughter, thankfully Son likes his endurance racing

Road Atlanta, went there once the year it was rained off after 5 hours, but it was still epic!

We're on the SW side of Orlando, kind of abeam Kissimmee. The mouse had better be damn good for the cost of it!
Feel free to stop by our site while roaming the track. We'll cook up some food for you and your son. Obviously, there is never a shortage of adult beverages either.
Once we get the site operational on Wednesday morning, I'll post some pix of it so you can find us. We have some easy to recognize decorations.
This is where we are every year:

Old 30 Jan 2019, 14:21 (Ref:3880676)   #11
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
You should consider sleeping in your rental car on Fri night with the WEC race not ending until midnight and the 12H proceedings starting early on Sat. morning.
Old 30 Jan 2019, 15:21 (Ref:3880687)   #12
andrewn7
Rookie

United Kingdom
Scotty - thank you very much, that's really kind of you. We'll definitely aim to pop by, assuming we can find our way round - I am guessing you are in the middle of what is called Green Park?

CoachEp - that's good advice. I've not actually seen a timetable yet, but will definitely consider the sleepover in the car idea.

Cant wait now
Old 2 Feb 2019, 03:34 (Ref:3881259)   #13
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
You should consider sleeping in your rental car on Fri night with the WEC race not ending until midnight and the 12H proceedings starting early on Sat. morning.
And the Friday night Green Park proceedings lasting until Sunday morning...
Old 2 Feb 2019, 12:02 (Ref:3881309)   #14
champcarman
Veteran

champcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchampcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Had every intention to be there this year but an important wedding in Belgium will keep me away. With the St Pete Indy this would be an awesome Florida couple of weeks. Maybe next year but this year the Spa 6 Hours will have to do.
Old 3 Feb 2019, 09:20 (Ref:3881610)   #15
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Heading out for our fourth visit - 2000, 2006, 2013.

From previous experience, this time will be bringing a small step to be able to shoot photos over the fence.

Will be looking back at my 2013 photos and will post some on Flickr in the next few days.
Old 4 Feb 2019, 17:08 (Ref:3881919)   #16
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Scotty - thank you very much, that's really kind of you. We'll definitely aim to pop by, assuming we can find our way round - I am guessing you are in the middle of what is called Green Park?

CoachEp - that's good advice. I've not actually seen a timetable yet, but will definitely consider the sleepover in the car idea.

Cant wait now
Schedule has been out since Sept. last year, here's the updated version:

https://competitors.imsa.com/sites/d...619_new1_0.pdf
Old 5 Feb 2019, 18:46 (Ref:3882127)   #17
andrewn7
Rookie

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Schedule has been out since Sept. last year, here's the updated version:

https://competitors.imsa.com/sites/d...619_new1_0.pdf
Found it the other day, thanks. Definitely considering the sleepover in the car on the Friday now.
Old 5 Feb 2019, 21:11 (Ref:3882149)   #18
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Years ago I bought terrace tickets. Not worth it IMHO. The shade is nice, but the view gets a little dull.
Old 6 Feb 2019, 03:45 (Ref:3882182)   #19
Coach Ep
Veteran

By email (edited) today:

Quote:
Viewing and Parking Options Expanded for SuperSebring; Superticket Advance Purchase Discount Ends Feb. 14

Although several of Sebring International Raceway’s prime viewing and parking options are now sold out for the epic SuperSebring doubleheader, March 13-16, several new options have been made available at America’s most historic sports car racing venue.

RESERVED PARKING
Reserved trackside parking for cars and RVs adjacent to the track is available on a limited basis. A new reserved parking area for cars and RVs in the East Paddock has been created for fans who want to be guaranteed a spot in one of the most convenient locations at the famous circuit. These reserved 20 x 50-foot spots are as close as a fan can get to the WEC, Michelin Pilot Challenge and IMSA WeatherTech paddocks. Reserve your spot today and have four days of fun in the shadow of the world’s greatest race teams. For reserved parking availability in the East Paddock area and other locations, please call 800.626.7223.

CAR PARKING
Due to increased advanced ticket sales, Sebring Raceway must create more efficient parking options to ensure that everyone who wants to be a part of SuperSebring will be able to get into the property Friday and Saturday. Sebring officials plan to set aside a large area for ‘Daily Car Parking’ between the Midway vendors and Turn 6. Please be advised that all overnight parking or camping must take place outside these ‘Day Car Parking’ lots.”

Gates open at 6 a.m. on Wednesday, March 13, and remain open 24 hours a day through Saturday’s 12-hour race.
Old 6 Feb 2019, 22:42 (Ref:3882307)   #20
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwh43scale View Post
Heading out for our fourth visit - 2000, 2006, 2013.

From previous experience, this time will be bringing a small step to be able to shoot photos over the fence.

Will be looking back at my 2013 photos and will post some on Flickr in the next few days.

As promised -
https://flic.kr/s/aHsmvdwikj
Old 7 Feb 2019, 13:46 (Ref:3882400)   #21
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
Nice photos! I still have a shot I took that year of one of the R18s with a nice background of palm trees as my desktop photo on my computer.
Old 11 Feb 2019, 21:56 (Ref:3883386)   #22
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
Yeah!

Sent from my spaceship using Tapatalk
Old 15 Feb 2019, 18:33 (Ref:3884455)   #23
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
Had another Brit confirm yesterday. We're up to six international visitors in our camp now.

Man, have a feeling we're gonna see crowds this year like we've never seen...
Old 15 Feb 2019, 22:12 (Ref:3884492)   #24
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
And I'm getting the feeling I may not be able to break away for this one...
Old 18 Feb 2019, 13:27 (Ref:3885007)   #25
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've already concluded with the work I still have for the wedding there's no chance I can take a week out of town sadly. One day I'll get there but not any time soon.