Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 10 Feb 2019, 19:42 (Ref:3883033)   #1
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
laguna seca adds fencing for 2019

i was at laguna seca on Friday watching indy car testing and noticed catch fencing has been added. on the inside of turn four and outside all the way down to the mothers bridge.outside of turn five down to the marshall's post hut.at the bottom of of the corkscrew and the run from turn nine to turn ten.i also heard people talking about fencing on the outside of turn two. so if you like going to laguna seca and shooting the cars for those iconic pics, just know you might have to change plans on where you like to shoot because most have a catch fence in the way now.

i under stand its for safety and indy car,since these indy cars do run a bit faster than most of whats been running there the last few years.honestly the catch fencing doesn't change much of the aspect in enjoying the cars on the track.i just hope they don't plaster ad banners all over the catch fencing like they do at long beach.
Old 11 Feb 2019, 00:22 (Ref:3883076)   #2
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yeah, it's a tough balance. I fear more are coming for Road Atlanta at some point.
Old 19 Mar 2019, 21:47 (Ref:3891916)   #3
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
A bit of advice if I may?

I'm going to Laguna Seca for the IGTC in a couple of weeks. The impression I have from what I've watched is that I'll need a longer zoom lens to get good pics. Is that so?

I have a 200-500mm lens I can use but it's heavy so I only take it abroad if really necessary. At Sebring I took a 70-300mm and I don't think I even used the full 300mm. But would that be enough for LS?

Thanks in advance.
Old 14 Apr 2019, 11:48 (Ref:3897424)   #4
fozzl
Rookie

Germany
Nürnberg
fozzl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can anyone please share his experience with the new fencing in Laguna Seca.
Is it possible to get some cool pics from the cars without credentials?
Old 22 Apr 2019, 20:12 (Ref:3899046)   #5
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
I visited Laguna Seca for the first time for the 8 Hours race in March, so I had no experience of it before the new fencing.

I found the track to be one of the best I have visited for photography, including at the Corkscrew. Every corner has multiple great angles. There are lots of raised areas to see/shoot over the fences - it's a very hilly place. In most places the fences aren't high anyway. I had absolutely no problems. And to answer my own question above, my 70-300mm lens was plenty. There were very few places where longer than 300mm would be useful. And the Corkscrew was mostly shot at 100-150mm zoom.

The only part of the track not accessible to spectators is the outside of the circuit from turn 6 up the straight to the outside of the Corkscrew. This means that you can only see/shoot the Corkscrew from the inside of the track.

My pics from the 8 Hours are here: https://bit.ly/2InEow8
Old 24 Apr 2019, 17:18 (Ref:3899430)   #6
fozzl
Rookie

Germany
Nürnberg
fozzl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for your answer.
I know LS too, i was there last Year for the Rennsport Reunion.
But your cool pics helps to sleep better until Imsa in September, so i can shoot again great pics around the circuit.

You can see my pics from Rennsport here:

https://www.facebook.com/udo.kathede...1163662&type=3