Old 25 Jul 2019, 16:50 (Ref:3919320)   #1
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
scottypinthemix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Petit Le Mans 2019

It will be here before you know it.
I haven't taken any real time off work since Sebring, so I'm ready, already.

https://www.timeanddate.com/countdow...nt=serif&csz=1
Old 25 Jul 2019, 20:40 (Ref:3919353)   #2
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I was thinking, "MAN, this is early", but then I realized, man, this is early!

Looking forward to it Scotty. How's the weather looking?
Old 31 Jul 2019, 18:55 (Ref:3920580)   #3
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
How's the weather looking?
Drunk?
Old 1 Aug 2019, 03:15 (Ref:3920613)   #4
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Might have to start my cigar buying to let them rest and figure out my beer selection. I've burned out on IPAs hand-in-hand with the decrease in quality products. And of course hit Cabela's and see if there's new stuff I need for this year.
Old 1 Aug 2019, 13:31 (Ref:3920665)   #5
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Might have to start my cigar buying to let them rest and figure out my beer selection. I've burned out on IPAs hand-in-hand with the decrease in quality products. And of course hit Cabela's and see if there's new stuff I need for this year.
I'm debating on whether or not I should try and drive my wife's car up. It is definitely more spacious and comfortable, but it does have one less pedal. Although that could be a blessing in ATL traffic. Thinking about a peach pass too to make the drive easier. Not sure if I'll be joined by my brother or dad this year.
Old 1 Aug 2019, 13:39 (Ref:3920667)   #6
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
Quote:
I've never been an IPA fanatic. There are a few I really like.
We still have just over 2 cases of Hopslam stored away for race week.
I am, however, a big time imperial stout fanatic.
Started the collection already. (It helps to live walking distance from Scofflaw brewing)

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Old 1 Aug 2019, 19:07 (Ref:3920708)   #7
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm over that was almost daily but somehow I think they wouldn't be happy with me stopping in the city car to pick up some beer. Also, those guys SUCK at parking and lining the street over there, almost saw a couple cars get smashed by a 53' truck making a delivery around the corner off of Chattahoochee.
Old 1 Aug 2019, 19:08 (Ref:3920709)   #8
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I'm debating on whether or not I should try and drive my wife's car up. It is definitely more spacious and comfortable, but it does have one less pedal. Although that could be a blessing in ATL traffic. Thinking about a peach pass too to make the drive easier. Not sure if I'll be joined by my brother or dad this year.
More importantly, is it a Mazda with a turbo? Cause that may have to park in the lot sir, there's a lot of camping gear to burn up with the inevitable turbo fire.
Old 1 Aug 2019, 19:39 (Ref:3920713)   #9
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
More importantly, is it a Mazda with a turbo? Cause that may have to park in the lot sir, there's a lot of camping gear to burn up with the inevitable turbo fire.
Non-turbo Mazda for the wife's CX-5. And typically there are very few turbo fires when a car is parked with the engine off....
Old 1 Aug 2019, 22:49 (Ref:3920736)   #10
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Non-turbo Mazda for the wife's CX-5. And typically there are very few turbo fires when a car is parked with the engine off....
You say that but is that true? I think they have found a way before
Old 2 Aug 2019, 08:25 (Ref:3920788)   #11
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
And typically there are very few turbo fires when a car is parked with the engine off....
It is at the point when the engine is switched off and parked that turbo fires can be a greater risk.

How many drivers of cars with turbos take the time to let their car idle, and cool the turbo at the end of a journey?

The owner's manual of Saabs contained advice to let the car idle for 2-3 minutes at the end of a journey to let the turbo cool down.
Old 2 Aug 2019, 10:56 (Ref:3920808)   #12
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
How's the weather looking?
Quote:
Hazy and blurry with a 100% chance of Drunk
Fixed it
Old 2 Aug 2019, 10:58 (Ref:3920809)   #13
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
While I've come around on several, IPAs, by definition, are gross.
Quote:
Take Grandma's Accord.
Old 2 Aug 2019, 11:24 (Ref:3920814)   #14
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
While I've come around on several, IPAs, by definition, are gross.Take Grandma's Accord.
It will look great with GA red clay and a canopy dent on it
Old 7 Aug 2019, 22:15 (Ref:3921870)   #15
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
While I've come around on several, IPAs, by definition, are gross.Take Grandma's Accord.
I don't think I can fit my ice chest in the Accord, so it's a nonstarter. Wife's CX5 on the other hand can handle more than all my gear. And possible Evan a few IPA's
Old 14 Aug 2019, 21:26 (Ref:3922791)   #16
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
I just got a sweet Road America tshirt in the mail from my dad's trip there a couple weeks ago. he also mentioned that he is deciding if he wants to make the trip to Petit this year. It has probably been 5 years or more since he went. He recently went part-time at his job, which meant dropping to only 4 days per week instead of 5, so he is looking to occupy his time...

If he makes it, I will need to reconsider which tent I will be bringing.
Old 17 Aug 2019, 22:14 (Ref:3923140)   #17
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
I just got a sweet Road America tshirt in the mail from my dad's trip there a couple weeks ago. he also mentioned that he is deciding if he wants to make the trip to Petit this year. It has probably been 5 years or more since he went. He recently went part-time at his job, which meant dropping to only 4 days per week instead of 5, so he is looking to occupy his time...

If he makes it, I will need to reconsider which tent I will be bringing.
Hope you get to bring the tent you want to.

On a similar note, my dad is cleaning out some things and gave me these, which I'll try to bring to PLM for show and tell. They're pretty effing sweet and in mint condish.

Miss Road Atlanta 76' is smokin hot, btw.
Old 18 Aug 2019, 20:04 (Ref:3923309)   #18
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Hope you get to bring the tent you want to.

On a similar note, my dad is cleaning out some things and gave me these, which I'll try to bring to PLM for show and tell. They're pretty effing sweet and in mint condish.

Miss Road Atlanta 76' is smokin hot, btw.
Maybe she'll be there this year and you can meet her in person
Old 18 Aug 2019, 20:46 (Ref:3923320)   #19
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Maybe she'll be there this year and you can meet her in person
Of course that's all you'd comment on
Old 19 Aug 2019, 16:04 (Ref:3923400)   #20
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
Quote:

Looking forward to it Scotty. How's the weather looking?
I'm having trouble locating a 50 day extended forecast for Braselton.

On another note, does anyone here own or have any experience with this scanner? https://racingelectronics.com/collec...roducts/re3000
The OTA programming has me intrigued.
I have an old one (Uniden BC-95XLT) that requires manual programming and is far from user friendly. I'm not the biggest fan of it.
Old 21 Aug 2019, 00:24 (Ref:3923567)   #21
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottypinthemix View Post
I'm having trouble locating a 50 day extended forecast for Braselton.

On another note, does anyone here own or have any experience with this scanner? https://racingelectronics.com/collec...roducts/re3000

The OTA programming has me intrigued.

I have an old one (Uniden BC-95XLT) that requires manual programming and is far from user friendly. I'm not the biggest fan of it.
Keep an eye here. You can always pay for that 50 day cast but its gonna do what its gonna do
https://www.almanac.com/weather/longrange/GA/Atlanta

All I have are old Unidens. I've given up on scanning these events. I seem to miss what I came for trying to find teams and their talk.
Old 21 Aug 2019, 00:25 (Ref:3923568)   #22
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
If anyone needs a track map, here you go!
Old 21 Aug 2019, 00:56 (Ref:3923571)   #23
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
If anyone needs a track map, here you go!
I guess that is why that pavilion is inside T3, old concession stand. Cool map
Old 21 Aug 2019, 02:36 (Ref:3923580)   #24
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
I was trying to figure out if they thought I was going to bring beverages for everyone.
Old 22 Aug 2019, 01:41 (Ref:3923695)   #25
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
I was trying to figure out if they thought I was going to bring beverages for everyone.
That works for me!