Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 4 Sep 2020, 22:23 (Ref:4000135)   #26
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
I've mellowed from my initial reaction. There is no enforcement of the stated policy possibly, or high take rate for fan pass holders in 3/4. It's fairly quiet for Friday, lots of drive by looking but it's 90 and humid without any cloud cover so AC is recommended, I'm sitting in the shade of my canopy and a fan going. I would not have wanted to camp, tent could bake bread this evening I think. Think I'll be back at 8 for warm up and the support races to get a feel for race day.

I do think I'll have to be here early on Tuesday for Petit to get our usual spot but what else do I have to do and have almost 100 hours of vacation accrued.
I was thinking if they are really concerned about keeping things sanitary they should consider filling the soap dispensers in the bathrooms and providing paper towels. You know if you actually let people wash their hands maybe they would.

Have you seen anybody that you know?
Old 5 Sep 2020, 02:22 (Ref:4000147)   #27
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I was thinking if they are really concerned about keeping things sanitary they should consider filling the soap dispensers in the bathrooms and providing paper towels. You know if you actually let people wash their hands maybe they would.

Have you seen anybody that you know?
Went to the comfort station once, cleaner than I've ever seen it, paper towels, soap and new TP dispensers. Same terrible porcelain thrones though.

It took until late but did see a couple people. The postman was down the way, didn't come to visit thankfully. The kid with the bike next to us was there late. Some bad news there though, his dad Tom passed away over the winter. The guy with the softside Apache.

They have not paid for mowing, it was a wheat field. Except for one spot of course
Old 5 Sep 2020, 02:26 (Ref:4000149)   #28
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Went to the comfort station once, cleaner than I've ever seen it, paper towels, soap and new TP dispensers. Same terrible porcelain thrones though.

It took until late but did see a couple people. The postman was down the way, didn't come to visit thankfully. The kid with the bike next to us was there late. Some bad news there though, his dad Tom passed away over the winter. The guy with the softside Apache.

They have not paid for mowing, it was a wheat field. Except for one spot of course
Sad to hear about Tom. He was always nice and liked the Halloween decor.

All this track talk makes me really anxious to get there. 40 days till I'm there.....
Old 5 Sep 2020, 02:37 (Ref:4000153)   #29
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Halloween was Steve and Cindy, he wasn't sure what their plans are. But no, we can't move in on the flat grassy space, the son will still be there and he gets rights of first refusal in my book.
Old 5 Sep 2020, 12:14 (Ref:4000217)   #30
fergus_r
Veteran

United Kingdom
fergus_r should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I did wonder if there were limits to spectators because the place looked DEAD yesterday. But after reading this thread it seems there isn't; I wonder if it will look busier today.
Old 5 Sep 2020, 12:53 (Ref:4000233)   #31
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
It has started out busier today, limited camping and the 200 dollar pricing made a lot of people angry and yelling on FB. Whether they truly won't come, who knows. I got here at 8 and as many here already as yesterday. Still 3 hours to green flag so let's see how many come for the day, weather is GREAT right now, 70 and sun with a breeze, and not as hot today forecasted.

Really think Labor Day Weekend is a bad weekend for racing. And this is even more so with the current fun, people have made their usual plans already and most places have dropped the refund deals for vacation rentals.
Old 6 Sep 2020, 00:59 (Ref:4000340)   #32
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Well after another day at the track I've decided it can be done and it seems like most were keeping to their own groups. Fences were crowded by the time the race started. Comfort station at 3 was cleaner than I've seen it in a few years, and yes there were paper towels and soap all day too.

Unless the state does something new to cut groups and limit ends again, seems unlikely given the Guv's statements, I can't see restrictions for Petit. I'll have to get in as early as possible to get our usual spot.

That said, no racing Labor Day Weekend at Road Atlanta. Dash reported temp, sensor under the black mirror parked in the full sun but
Old 9 Sep 2020, 15:21 (Ref:4001159)   #33
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Well after another day at the track I've decided it can be done and it seems like most were keeping to their own groups. Fences were crowded by the time the race started. Comfort station at 3 was cleaner than I've seen it in a few years, and yes there were paper towels and soap all day too.

Unless the state does something new to cut groups and limit ends again, seems unlikely given the Guv's statements, I can't see restrictions for Petit. I'll have to get in as early as possible to get our usual spot.

That said, no racing Labor Day Weekend at Road Atlanta. Dash reported temp, sensor under the black mirror parked in the full sun but
I like social separation, hanging out by the fence and clean port-a-lits. Not a huge fan of heat or the fact that I've just discovered that we have two kids' soccer games the day of the PLM race; the original date has none...FU 2020.
Old 9 Sep 2020, 15:49 (Ref:4001172)   #34
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
scottypinthemix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I talked to a couple different folks in the will call office about plans for Petit. They said there aren't any plans for camping restrictions currently. I know they aren't the top authorities when it comes to info like that, but nothing has trickled down to them yet.
this year is so bizarre. Normally about now I'm being neurotic about check lists, staging our gear and long term weather trends.
Now I'm just hoping that it all actually happens.
It was nice to see lots a fluffy green stuff surviving at our site though.
Attached Thumbnails
20200905_120618.jpg  
Old 9 Sep 2020, 18:49 (Ref:4001211)   #35
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottypinthemix View Post
I talked to a couple different folks in the will call office about plans for Petit. They said there aren't any plans for camping restrictions currently. I know they aren't the top authorities when it comes to info like that, but nothing has trickled down to them yet.
this year is so bizarre. Normally about now I'm being neurotic about check lists, staging our gear and long term weather trends.
Now I'm just hoping that it all actually happens.
It was nice to see lots a fluffy green stuff surviving at our site though.
Must be nice to be surrounded by that fuzzy green stuff!

speaking of lists..... I think we had this conversation last year about whether or not each of us keep a digital list for year after year use. And now I can't remember if I digitized my list from last year! Good thing I got time to figure this out, because I am all sorts of out of whack right now.
Old 9 Sep 2020, 20:07 (Ref:4001240)   #36
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Funny how we have the same habits and want to camp at the same places at the track.
Old 9 Sep 2020, 20:17 (Ref:4001246)   #37
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
I've talked with Adam Ellis a couple times about Petit. He would be the higher up, ticketing manager, to be in the conversation. Right now the plan is no limits, camping will be open as usual and all tickets sold will be honored. The rates locally are stable or falling so without colleges sending kids to get the virus and then send them home again we're looking decent. And it's before all hell breaks lose in November.

My plan is to proceed as usual and get there early to defend the homestead and claim our space. No fluffy green stuff still but the clover is trying. Some guys from the backstretch were in our space this time and hopeful they don't try to steal it.

That said, it's a month away and the world could end by then.
Old 15 Sep 2020, 15:29 (Ref:4002614)   #38
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Restrictions:

The following changes are planned for the Oct. 14-17 event:
TicketsAttendance Limitations:
The 23rd Annual Motul Petit Le Mans crowd size will be limited to 50% of historical Motul Petit Le Mans attendance. This will create a possibility that tickets will not be available at the gate, but updates will be communicated frequently.

Camping Sales Closed on Sept. 15:
To ensure that campers maintain proper distance and all can be accommodated safely, camping sales will be discontinued Tuesday, Sept. 15th. All previously purchased reserved and non-reserved camping will be honored. All non-reserved camping will be limited to the following areas:

Family Camping area inside Turn 3
Infield Camping A
Infield Camping B
Free Parking:
In an effort to limit guest interaction, all infield parking will be free with admission to the event, with the exception of the designated car corral locations. Spectator shuttles will not be available. Previously purchased parking passes will be refunded. To maximize parking locations, fans will be permitted to turn left at the FOX Factory drive-over bridge upon entry into the facility.

The following areas will be available for day parking:

Turn 3 Parking
Turn 9 Parking
Spectator Hill Parking
Turn 10 Parking
Tower Paddock (Saturday only)
Fan Access:
Fans will not be permitted into the Infield Paddock, which houses the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship teams. Fans will not be permitted into the Tower Paddock Wednesday through Friday but will be allowed to park in the Tower Paddock after teams vacate the area Friday night. There will be no autograph sessions and the gridwalk will be closed to general admission spectators.

Gate Procedures and Infield Policies:
All guests will be required to bring and wear face coverings when interacting with those outside of your group. Each guest will be screened prior to entering the event gates; initial screening will include questions regarding current health status and potential exposure, as well as a non-contact temperature check. Individual bottles of hand sanitizer will be provided to guests upon entry. Strict adherence to the CDC-recommended 6’ social distancing will be mandated onsite.

Podium Club:
The Podium Club, which is an all-inclusive hospitality that encompasses the first floor of the Michelin Tower, will be capped at 50% capacity. There will be a number of additional social distancing and sanitation measures in place, but all the amenities will still be available.

TICKETS
Old 15 Sep 2020, 15:32 (Ref:4002615)   #39
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Well it's happened. Buy your tickets now, 50% capacity cap of historic attendance numbers.
What he said up there since Tapatalk shredded the screenshot.

I'll be there early af then to get our usual and fight for it
Old 15 Sep 2020, 15:38 (Ref:4002618)   #40
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
I was about to post this stuff.
This is a bad deal.
Just got off the phone with RA. This wasn't their doing.
This REALLY sucks.
Old 15 Sep 2020, 15:51 (Ref:4002619)   #41
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Yeah, sounds like they were ready for regular event and then told no. I'm torn because the wife was very concerned about me being there given the usual crowd so this will placate her a bit. And honestly the crowds were getting annoying with parking everywhere and trying to steal our space. But it sucks for the track losing a decent chunk of change with half capacity.

May have to ask Adam about setting up the week before with the HSR event since I'd be back a couple days later. Claim my space extra early

Update from Adam Ellis at the track.

Camping pass sales are OVER. No more for the event.

Last edited by broadrun96; 15 Sep 2020 at 16:21.
Old 15 Sep 2020, 17:44 (Ref:4002645)   #42
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottypinthemix View Post
I was about to post this stuff.
This is a bad deal.
Just got off the phone with RA. This wasn't their doing.
This REALLY sucks.
Did you or your group miss out on camping?

We were noticing that parking is free now, so how will they police who sleeps at the track be beyond me.
Old 15 Sep 2020, 21:11 (Ref:4002690)   #43
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
I just got an email saying I am being refunded for my parking pass. this doesn't make sense as when i ordered it said it counted as a camping pass, and my receipt says the same thing. Guess I have to call them this week and find out whats up
Old 15 Sep 2020, 21:50 (Ref:4002702)   #44
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Oh that would suck if everyone before got refunded and no passes
Old 15 Sep 2020, 23:51 (Ref:4002715)   #45
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
This escalated quickly!! This week has been pure shat and I have 2 kids soccer games the same day as the race. I've had a great reality check in 2020 of what is truly important in my life. That said, I just purchased a ticket and threw some coin at Austin Hatcher. I may not come for all four days but it will be important for me to get to the track this year for whatever time I can. Van and all.
Old 16 Sep 2020, 03:12 (Ref:4002722)   #46
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The past 4 years have sucked for me but 2020 really keeps delivering. At this point they should let everyone make their own risk assessment and live their lives as they choose but the government is drunk on power.
Old 16 Sep 2020, 13:39 (Ref:4002780)   #47
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
I just got an email saying I am being refunded for my parking pass. this doesn't make sense as when i ordered it said it counted as a camping pass, and my receipt says the same thing. Guess I have to call them this week and find out whats up
Due to some expert advice from Andrew I was able to get a hold of the track and they sorted out my issues and have now issued me a camping pass.
Old 16 Sep 2020, 13:49 (Ref:4002784)   #48
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
Quote:
Did you or your group miss out on camping?

We were noticing that parking is free now, so how will they police who sleeps at the track be beyond me.
Yeah, we missed out on camping passes.
We usually wait until after the shipping date so we can get everything at will call.
They aren't even allowing any camping at our usual spot this year.
Might have to do some sleep in the car action maybe.
Old 16 Sep 2020, 13:51 (Ref:4002785)   #49
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
At this point they should let everyone make their own risk assessment and live their lives as they choose but the government is drunk on power.
couldn't have said it better myself
Old 16 Sep 2020, 13:55 (Ref:4002786)   #50
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
I talked to the folks at Lanier across the street yesterday.
I said, "Hey, if y'all want to make some extra $, you should seriously think about making some space available for tent campers that just got screwed out of their campsites for Petit Le Mans."
He sounded intrigued, so maybe they'll do something.